Reviews for Enduring Scars
WithTheGrain chapter 11 . 10/16/2012
This story just continues to grow in so many lovely ways. I can’t stop reading! So glad they finally shared their true thoughts and feelings for one another. I totally love how so many intimate moments were now still new to them even though they had been in a physical relationship for so long. So incredibly emotional the way they finally lost themselves in one another. Very tender and passionate and sizzling HOT! Love how you showed the contrast in their relationship before to what it is like for them now. So many tender moments between them discovering so many things about each other for the first time. All of your lovely descriptions are very captivating. And OMG, chapter 11 with Mike interrupting them… LMAO! I totally love how you’ve captured Mike’s character! Really lovely to see their relationship progressing the right way.
WithTheGrain chapter 6 . 10/16/2012
I thought I’d catch up on this story by reading a couple chapters at a time, but once I started, I just couldn’t stop! This is an absolutely incredible story! I love the beginning with Mike Franks. His efforts to help both of them plus letting them know they’ve both made mistakes. You did a fantastic job with his character and capturing his voice. I can see and hear him in my head. The pain and the heartache of the first few chapters was very gripping. Your descriptions of Gibbs’ thoughts and how he was assuming the way things were was spot on! And then Abby, I’m so glad she showed up! Then Gibbs just walks away! UGH! You did an amazing job of conveying Abby’s heartache plus her worry for him. Now finally, hopefully they’re going to talk… if Gibbs can get some words out! And Abby needs to say things, too. Oh, I hope they don’t mess this up again!
Rochir chapter 15 . 10/16/2012
And with each and every promise they made Abby couldn't help but be overcome with a sense of belonging...a feeling that the man she'd been waiting to be with for so long had finally found his way to her.

*happy sigh* :-)
hslacer chapter 15 . 10/16/2012
Always felt him not openly talking about Shannon and Kelly was his weakness. Loved the way you wrote that.
ncislove chapter 15 . 10/16/2012
Gah! I *loooove* that he's opening up about Shannon - such a weakness of mine (I totally adore the actress that plays her - she's on Scandal now and I keep thinking of it as Shannon's new job now that she's in the witness protection program...). For srs though, imagining the look on his face as he worked toward talking to Abby about them, and his hesitation... trying to figure out WHAT to say (esp. with his ex's and how THAT turned out).

Love the way you write him.
Talldi chapter 15 . 10/16/2012
What a great wind up...Who says Gibbs can't talk!
titousphinx chapter 15 . 10/16/2012
So nice, I love this story !
gosgirl chapter 15 . 10/16/2012
I really don't want this wonderful story to end! And you can't leave me to fend off ncislove on my own... *pouts*

A wonderfully emotional chapter - I so felt for Gibbs struggling to articulate something still so painful to him. Again, by setting it where you have, all his grief for his girls is still raw and fresh again as he's only just emerging from having to deal with losing them in his mind all over again. So that created an extra resonance with this, and yet at the same time, you could sense that sharing them with Abby as they make this fresh start could be the best thing for him. Unlike his exes, she will understand and give him the space to deal with it in his own time and not try and force him to move on until he's ready.

Still love the banter and humour you bring with Mike and the ease with which Gibbs is able to just 'be' in front of the guy. And I loved that conversation between Abby and Gibbs... the increase in confidence from them both is shining through and it's really nice to see. Loved this - We're stronger now, not two of us fumbling around trying to feel whole with only pieces of each other's hearts, we are whole...at least that's how I feel..."

And I loved the sharing of his girls combined with signing my girl on her cheek - just a lovely moment that said heaps. And I particularly liked her comparison with loving Gibbs and not being able to stop and the way he won't stop loving his girls... it's a sign of how much she 'gets' Gibbs. And I love, love, loved the background he gave her about Mike and their connection, so she can understand the place his friend has in his life. (and my dongle is misbehaving and keeps dropping off - and you can't write a sentence like that very often! So forgive the shorter review than normal)
fart fart chapter 14 . 10/16/2012
Great update.
tanya2byour21 chapter 14 . 10/15/2012
I so love this story and I can't wait to find out what is going to happen next. Keep up the great writing and please post more when you can.
Tanya
Talldi chapter 14 . 10/15/2012
Great update. It will certainly be painful for Gibbs but cathartic to I should think talking about Shannon.
gosgirl chapter 14 . 10/15/2012
Another fabulous chapter - that bear was so sweet, and showed that he realised what the underlying message might be if he wasn't there. Loved this insight - After what they'd shared the last couple of days, Abby no longer had the fear of waking up alone...it was more about the memories it evoked...

And holy buckets... how am I supposed to write an update when I'm stuck with a mental image of Gibbs covered in ice cream. I'm just going to curl up in the corner for a while...

It made her happy to know that every aspect between them was progressing beyond it just being about the sex. The more time they spent together, the more they were getting back their sense of self, and each other... really like the continued emphasis you give this. It's like they're learning each other all over again.

And that was a terrific conversation between Mike and Gibbs... loved the initial teasing but also the heartfelt talk about Shannon and Kelly. It was especially poignant given how close in time his reliving his grief has been.

Really liked this insight into his other marriages - They were doomed to fail from the start because Gibbs had never really wanted them to work. They had all been substitutes for someone that could never be replaced.

And this was just lovely... he's finally caught up, bless him.! "She's special and she's mine..." Gibbs said under his breath as if only just realizing it.
titousphinx chapter 14 . 10/15/2012
Very nice update as always !
Ron's Sweetie chapter 14 . 10/15/2012
Great new chapter update soon please?
hslacer chapter 14 . 10/15/2012
She will understand and live him all the more for it. Can't wait to see how you handle it.
132 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »