Reviews for Enduring Scars
bonetrek chapter 2 . 9/30/2012
More more MORE!
gosgirl chapter 2 . 9/30/2012
The agony continues! I love this... even if it is making me bite my nails and alternatively want to hug him and hit him. But this is just SO Gibbs... and you have completely nailed Mike's voice and character. Absolutely adored this whle conversation between them.

Love that you gave us a bit of background on how Gibbs and Abby got to where they are, and also the thinking behind what made the brooding clam run.

So much poignancy and despair throughout and some of the lines just made me sniffle - this was heartbreaking - He'd taken something wonderful; one of the most important and solid friendships of his life and destroyed it...all because he couldn't keep his hands to himself.

And just when you get to the cusp of wanting to head slap Gibbs, you make us really feel for him with something like this - tarnishing the memories of his dead wife and daughter by admitting he was in love with Abby.

Poor guy - you can really understand how he'd feel this... it's bad enough he's struggling to get his memories back and in a way, relearn who the guy is that he turned into, but when he realised how many marriages he's had and now in love with someone else, you can totally understand how he would view it as a betrayal of his first wife.

You conveyed the awkwardness of their first morning together really well - and I was muttering at both of them, say something you idiots, and then of course after that, it was only ever going downhill.

And all of Mike's dialogue I loved but these really resonated - "Ah geez, probie, you're sleeping with her and haven't told her yet! Why?"... "You felt guilty, so you decided to make it up to her by having sex with her again...have I got that right?"

and waaaaah... he hoped Abby was safe and sleeping and that someone was taking care of her, since he couldn't.
ncis4ever21 chapter 2 . 9/30/2012
I feel bad for Gibbs. Why doesn't he go to Abby already. Great chapter. Hope you update soon.
CairnSF chapter 2 . 9/30/2012
This is already turning in to one of my favorite stories! Gibbs, Abby, Franks, Mexico ... I can hear Gibbs and Mike talk, you've got their conversation nailed right on the head. Hope it doesn't take Gibbs too long to figure out what he needs to do, though :).
KellyRoxton chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Ouch for Abby. She must feel so lost angry and helpless.. great job write more soon...
Talldi chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Intense. This one's gonna be heavy isn't it! Goos start.
stareagle chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Interesting... I don't know why Gibbs makes things so difficult for himself but now is the time for Mike to deliver the mother of all headslaps, get on the phone and tell Abby to get her a.. down to mexico and lock them in a room!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
doing great
gosgirl chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Yay for another fic from you! And I just love this and I could squish you for including Mike and you've captured his voice and character really well - I could hear him in my head.

This line is classic Franks - "my Gibbs bullshit meter still functions perfectly even after a few drinks." And trust Mike to go straight to the heart of the matter! You have really nailed both men so well in this whole chapter.. and at the risk of repeating myself, I just love it.

And this is so true of Gibbs... and trust Mike to give it to him straight. "Course it is, you always make things more difficult than they need to be."

And poor Gibbs - I'm torn between shaking him and cuddling him. You conveyed his utter weariness, guilt, worry, hurt, confusion so well - the overwhelming feeling that came through from him was one of being lost. And you conveyed so well the way he would hold back from saying anything to Abby, jump to presumably the wrong conclusion she didn't want anything else than physical, had moved on quickly and go into brooding clam mode until he couldn't take it any more. and this is just SO Gibbs - So he dwelled on it, brooded on it, until it got to the stage where he was unable to cope with it.

And I love that when he does feel that, he still runs to Mike, not only to get away coz presumably deep down he knows that Mike will be the one man to help him... as he helped him with his memories.

You had me sniffling from the beginning and going WTF with those very powerful opening lines. And where you've set this is wonderfully appropriate - still suffering from having to relive the grief of losing his family all over again, his memory still with gaping holes presumably. It fits very well with how 'off' he was in that early part of Season 4. And you conveyed really well his bewilderment almost from realising he loved Abby, as his memories returned, while going through the grief again.

Really looking forward to you exploring what went so terribly wrong for them. So many heartbreaking lines, it's difficult to pin down a few favs but in the interests of keeping this short(er)... loved all these, the despair just rolls off the page...

She was the reason he was here, and she was the one who was slowly beginning to tear him apart inside *whimpers*... She had become everything to him, but Gibbs couldn't have her, not like he wanted *oh Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs*... Letting her go wouldn't be easy and the longer he thought about it, the more it tore at his heart *waaah*... He wanted her as a partner, but if he couldn't have that he needed her as a friend. *sniffle*...

And I could copy all of Mike's dialogue in here... it was just fantastic. And your descriptions, as always, are so beautifully written - among many examples, you could just see Abby's reaction to him telling her he needed space.

Right, more please! And did I mention I love this?!
alohareader chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Oh Gibbs, gibbs, gibbs, I hope Abby shows up in Mexico and kicks some since into you. More please, loving it!
dreamiestnightmare13 chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Love love love! More more more! :)
tanya2byour21 chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
I hope Gibbs will get over his fears and go back and fight for Abby instead of running away. I like the start of this and I can't wait to find out what is going to happen next. Keep up the great writing and please post more when you can.
ncislove chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
a.) holy mother.
b.) you'd better be posting the rest of this to my inbox ASAP.
c.) GIIIIIBBS! I want to bitch slap him and hug him at the same time.

Omg, I love this - and the fact that Franks is in it. I love anything with Franks. How often are you posting? You can just feel the hurt/guilt/everything that this poor man carries. MOAR NOW!
133 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9