Reviews for To Keep Downton
Guest chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
This is better than any book I have ever read!
maryandmatthewforever chapter 5 . 5/29/2013
Please write more!
This is amazing! You are a very talented writer!
thorteso chapter 5 . 10/9/2012
Just caught up. My favorite part so far was the tour of the house, to know Mary is to know Downton.
Looking forward to more.
obervn martell chapter 5 . 10/9/2012
I absolutely love this story... I love how the inheritance issue is kinda dragged out, yet it isn't all Mary against Matthew or fights all of the time... I really hope that you can keep this story going even after the money is solved (that's what I gather from the last line but if not, I'll be happy with more chapters) anyway great great story... Big fan
downtonlove chapter 4 . 10/7/2012
I'm really enjoying this. I wish M/M would have had a discussion like this in canon. Thank you for giving us this. Looking forward to an update.
Audrey C chapter 4 . 10/7/2012
I love how Mary is trying to get Matthew to forgive himself. She used a very good argument too. I'm enjoying this very much!
luvgoround chapter 3 . 9/30/2012
Love it. I sure hope we something like this on Ep. 3. Love all the lovey dovey stuff.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
I really enjoyed this. I loved how Mary shared some of Downton's history with Matthew. Thank you.
luvgoround chapter 2 . 9/29/2012
Love the show of intimacy Matthew takes with Mary in the dining room. Oh, how he loves her! Matthew in his need to atone for his sin of betrayal needs something to allow himself to forgive himself, eg. to remember she told him to be happy. It's not blood money, it's a gift. Perhaps he could use it to turn the place around and make it a profitable business, or invest it in stock that will bring a big return quickly, thus saving Downton. When you are given a gift, no matter what it is, use it responsibly and it will bless you.
Keep on going with these chapters.
luvgoround chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Really like this story. Please continue on into Chap. 3. You pick up on so many things the show skips. they don't show the times with Matthew and Mary telling each other things they never knew, eg. her praying for him every night, or her telling her mother she loved him longer than she knew. I love how mature Mary is as well. Not throwing a temper tantrum and closing the door on their intimate relationship. She knows she loves Matthew more than anything, but desperately wants him to know what Downton means to her.
downtonlove chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
I really enjoyed this. I love that you had Mary willing to sell her Pamuk scandal for a few more months of Downton. This is a different take on their situation but I liked it very much. Thank you.
hillevi chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Good! Mary wanting to sell her story shows her desperation, I do feel Matthew takes thisto far. Could he really se Robert and Mary crushed with losing their home.
I think Matthew is the upstairs Daisy,with her overactive guilt towards downstairs "Lavinia" (William).