Reviews for The Red Valkyrie
PopthePuff chapter 15 . 5/28/2014
Just some minor things, but IIRC, PoH is not Japanese and should not have an accent.
Anonymous chapter 17 . 5/24/2014
You know, I just realized Kadyn and Camilla are going to have a really hard time after not only Diabel but the Black Cats too, die. Ouch, that's going to hurt.
It'd be interesting to read about it, though *hint, hint*
I'd like it if you were to continue this series, these fics have been pretty unique and well written, and I enjoyed them, so thanks for tjat, and hopefully you continue? :)
all forms of fluff chapter 17 . 11/9/2013
Not a bad story Catsy. It had characters that spanned the whole of the arc and made you feel something for them, even if it was hate. I am going to be a bit disapointed if the PKers don't get some comipins in Troubles Shared. That being said the story there is also clasified as complete so I can only hope ther if this last story is the last story then you have some great wrap up in it. There isn't much I can say about this story. It didn't seem to have any, I don't know, fluff? Compared to the last one. But that can be ignored in the short story esk feel to the whole. SO I will only say this and you can ignore the rest of my ramblings. I thank you for a this story. It has really been a great souce of amusment. SO untill next time enjoy your writing and you will find others to enjoy reading. Thanks again.
victor janus chapter 7 . 3/27/2013
sorry ignore my cannon rant on my last review. it looks like you already knew that.
hmm marital rant on weather to take up the profession of vigilante. ought to be interesting.
victor janus chapter 4 . 3/27/2013
umm sorry good stuff from this and unraveling but my cannon senses are tingling and must say that the anneal blade no matter how much Camilla thinks its pretty is not suitable equipment for the 11th floor let alone the 17th. even kirito who absolutely loved that sword and had the skills to make up for using lower level equipment traded it in on the 9th floor i do believe and his sword was more upgraded then hers before the first floor was cleared.
ok rant aside back to the good story.
ImmaneuelKanter chapter 17 . 3/17/2013
Another enjoyable one. Liked how you managed to make a full-on arc out of this one.
ImmaneuelKanter chapter 2 . 3/17/2013
Hey, again.

Thought I'd mention this. Not sure if it was an issue in your other story or not. You're a bit telly, here, and, yes, it looks like you're trying to catch people up if they hadn't read your previous story, but it's killing my reading groove-one that was pretty smooth with your previous piece.

Stuff like this:

"She was referring to the fact that my wife—an American by birth—had learned Japanese from a teacher from that region, and had absorbed a considerable amount of his accent and speech patterns over a period of years. Her accent wasn't as strong as it had been due to our ten years of marriage living together in my hometown of Chiba, but despite the fact that she was perfectly fluent in the language, the flavor of the Kansai region was an indelible part of her speech and probably always would be."

Even if I didn't know a thing from the previous story, this paragraph still grinds the reading speed to a halt. Story time is over and the history lesson has begun.

Compare that previous paragraph to this:

"Ever since the aftermath, Camilla rarely talked about that day. I couldn't blame her for avoiding the subject. Something dark and ugly had emerged from her soul as she'd stood there holding Kindalosh at swordpoint, something that had broken its chains when he'd made a smug remark about the prospect of going to the prison in Black Iron Castle rather than being killed outright. She'd shoved the sword down through the gap between his throat and his collarbone and all the way down through his body… and held it there until he died."

Here, we have a repeat of previously known information and, while it still might be better to take this out and replace it with something more subtle, it works much better because you're adding new details in, new information about Camilla's reaction to previous events.
CreedKeeper chapter 17 . 1/27/2013
This is the story that inspired me to start writing again. What I like best about it is probably that you don't try to take over cannon, you just told your story about these people. It fits within the world and shows more of the world through them while actually exploring their relationship and how people can be effected by the time. It felt real to me, like this is another part of the tapestry that you just didn't notice at first when you learned about SAO, but was there the whole time.
Dead Turtle chapter 17 . 12/21/2012
Thank you, too, for writing this nice story.
EnigmaticVagabond chapter 17 . 12/10/2012
Great wrap-up! The little narrative that Kadyn did at the end was really inspiring. It's good to have an insight into their motivations for everything. It was also nice seeing your take on what made the Army stick around the lower floors.

Do you still plan on revising Troubles Shared?

Can't wait to read more of your stuff! Keep up the good work.

-EV
EnigmaticVagabond chapter 16 . 12/3/2012
Thanks for the update, Catsy! Nice to finally see how the kidnapping ended. I also really loved the dagger duel.

Can't wait to see how this wraps up!
-EV
Yukatado chapter 16 . 12/2/2012
Now THAT was one hell of a climax! It even kept it "canon" in so far as PoH was never captured or killed in SAO. I'm afraid that I couldn't wait until 2:30 to read this: I lost my willpower after lunch. ;p

In my own novel, my main characters have been pretty cavalier about dishing out death to the rebel traitorous scum, and now in chapter 03, it's starting to catch up with them. Though you probably wouldn't find much simiarity if any between this fic and my novel, yours has been quite an inspiration.
theevilouterspacechicken chapter 16 . 12/2/2012
Wow thanks for the update, not that FDD isn't good but I love this series. Are you gonna write a sequel? Still a lot of room to play in. If you wanna focus on FDD, that'd be alright too, I feel the two are equally good. But a fix set in ALO would be cool or a fic where they adjust to regular life again. Or a combination of the two. Anyway, can't wait till your next update!
Lutris A chapter 16 . 12/2/2012
Caught up with everything! I've really enjoyed this fic - the Amphoric reward item was a fun twist, and the worldbuilding concerning the Army was interesting to read about as well. There weren't any glaring Japanese errors that I can recall either. I'm greatly looking forward to any future adventures featuring Kadyn and Camilla.
Yukatado chapter 14 . 11/4/2012
First things first:

You've got me at the edge of my seat and biting my nails! Argh! Also, I hope poor Parida makes it out of there!

Second: "Since I didn't, it struck me as a recipe for tedium."

I like me some good puns, and that was a good pun-unintentional as it may or may not have been.