Reviews for The Grain
nicdvidmaker chapter 1 . 5/18
I have read this story a few times over the last couple of years. It is so well written. Heartbreaking and lovely all at the same time. I love the relationship we see between Joss and Harold and his heart and courage to step into her world and give her the support she needed. One of my fav BT stories.
ravenhusker chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
Interesting story. Kind of one of those read behind the lines type. At first, I had thought that she had had an abortion without consulting John. That would have been a bad move. But after she went on about her mother's story, I realized that she has had a miscarriage. Her fourth over all as it turned out. Three with Paul, and now one with John.
I vacillate between whether or not there was no point in telling John. True, there was nothing he could have done and he would have felt guilty as heck for putting her through this. Especially if he had ever found out about the others that she has suffered. But they had created a child together. I think that he should know the whole story, even her history, now that she's shared that with Harold.
It was nice of Finch to try and offer her some comfort from a friend, especially since John wouldn't be in a position to do so.
A good, thought- provoking story. I am sad for Carter, but I'm at least glad that it turned out not to be what I had at first feared.
ladyleo65 chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
This was a wonderful story. It was so nice of Finch to go to Joss and give her the comfort and support in her time of need. The fact that he promise not to tell John was also special; because John would only get upset. This was a chance for Finch and Carter to build on their relationship. Finch realize that Carter is in John life to stay and since keeping John happy he needs to make sure Carter is okay. I read the story wear John and Joss talked about the miscarriage and now I was able to put the two together. Great
PiscesChikk chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
sigh...speechless right now.
lala2002 chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
I don't know how I missed this story, it is lovely. That's the only word I can use to describe it. You are truly a gifted storyteller. I loved this! ;) I forgot to write a review for the last update you did that told us about this story, so I will review that here as well. I thought is was very sweet but I wish you had just done a full fledged story about this. It could've been awesome. You definitely can tell an excellent tale! Please consider writing this as a whole story and incorporating the two one shots. Please? Let me know if you do. I think it would be so good, girl. Beautiful stories...
Valentine51 chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
I don't know how I overlooked this story. If you had not mentioned it in "Because" I would have never found it. Thank you for helping your readers complete the arc. Your attention to detail, attention to bringing us carefully to the conclusion you the reader to suddenly see is just wonderful. And so glad to see that you saw the Finch/Carter connection in this small family long before canon POI started to expose their new friendship. Harold is so soft and giving, even when he is a little prickly. He has lived a lifetime of untrust. I hope with this small new family he will find the ability to be who he really is. Finally, I love how you demonstrated Grace's artwork giving him the brightness he needs in his sometimes dark life of pain and intrigue. Great work!
BalrogsBreath chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
;_; oh my heart. this was lovely.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Brilliant! I understood the correlation between deflated souffle and decreased child. It was written gently, honestly, it had a hint of despair and touches of hope. I look forward to further written material from you.
pocketpets chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
I certainly didn't expect this when you described this as a "sensitive health matter." Very poignant!
Duchess of Strumpetness chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Awww beautifully done, I like the friendship between those two.
Lilly B chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Great story! I love how Harold is supportive and comforting to Jos in her time of need. It was a very heartwarming story!
jakela chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
This killed me. I just read Girls Night Out, so this one knocked me for a loop. Two wonderful stories, evoking such different emotions - this one brought tears to my eyes. Sad and beautiful written as always.

I am in agreement with Homeric - hopefully Finch took a close look at Danver's CV to see if she worked for a certain Rebecca...
lovemboth chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
You made me cry! This was so moving and touching. Carter's relationship with her mother and the insight she now has. And now Carter's relationship with Finch has moved to a new level with his knowledge of her past miscarriages and her most recent one. Excellent story. I almost passed this over because it didn't have Reese in it and I'm glad I didn't.
ReeseisLAVAhot chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Wow! This was so heartbreaking... I was SO hoping it wouldn't go there and then it did. Only thing that is a relief in this whole thing is that a) you nailed the interactions between the characters. I could FEEL and believe that this happened and b) you wrote it beautifully... I swear you need to start writing for a living!
E. H. Redlum chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
This is incredibly unique and beautifully written, I can't say I've seen any Carter/Finch interaction fics (or, if I have, they haven't been memorable). You have quite an impressive vocabulary and knowledge of cooking! ;)