Reviews for Our Dear Children6 - More Than Relations
Sunnybrook chapter 5 . 10/22/2012
I have so very much enjoyed this story. I hope there is more to Jane and Billy and also Buck/ Ellen and Lou/ Kid and their children. :)
rexjdk chapter 5 . 10/18/2012
Great job on this whole story.
mariel123 chapter 5 . 10/18/2012
I've enjoyed this so much, Mercy. It's so hard to cope with all of the feelings when you lose a baby, and especially, I would think, at Janey's tender age. I never was a Kid/Lou 'shipper, but having read these five chapters have made me rethink that. I think they are just stellar parents and you have enhanced all of their good qualities. And I agree with Janey: she is too young for marriage and motherhood and all of the associated responsibilities. Good for her, for coming to that conclusion on her own. Buck is as sweet as ever, and Ellen is someone whom I'm very much enjoying getting to know. Wonderful story all around! ML :)
signefalls chapter 5 . 10/18/2012
I am relieved that Janey has reconciled with her parents and Lou and Ellen are mending their friendship. It's bittersweet though, that Janey lost the baby and that Janey and Billy couldn't make it through this. Very realistic reaction though, I think. You made Janey's emotions very real in this story and I think that was my favorite part!
brankel1 chapter 5 . 10/18/2012
Loved it.
Lana Coombe chapter 5 . 10/18/2012
So poor old Janey found out about life - the hard way. You wrapped the whole story up really well, enough dramatics to raise the emotions but kept it real at the same time. Thanks for a good read Mercy.
flutegirl.anita chapter 5 . 10/17/2012
So bittersweet. I'm glad Jane gets to keep being a kid now. The pressure to grow up was immense. It is sad, but at the same time I feel the same relief for Jane as she feels. I hope she and Billy can be friends again someday. I'm glad Lou and Ellen are starting over. Great story.
CindyPio chapter 5 . 10/17/2012
Mercy, this story was so powerful! Please keep going with this series, it's outstanding and it has made me laugh & cry. Wonderful work!
signefalls chapter 4 . 10/16/2012
Mercy, I've gotten a chance to read this whole story and I must say, I'm very impressed! You are doing a great job at juggling a lot of very strong personalities in a very difficult situation. I feel for them all. I just want them to hug each other and make up and stand together as a family! I hope they get there eventually. In chapter 4 Buck stood out as a wonderful father, with very wise words to say. I think Janey is too immature to be a wife and mother yet and I worry about Billy giving up college. I am very curious how this will all turn out!
CindyPio chapter 4 . 10/13/2012
Living up to our mother's expectations - a problem as old as time. Wanting to be a good parent - an even older problem! Buck was wonderful, he said all the right things to Jane given the serious situation.
flutegirl.anita chapter 4 . 10/13/2012
So much happening in this part! Buck is a Rockstar in this part. He sent for Billy and he was there for Janey when she needed someone. I'm glad her stubbornness has waned a bit and she is starting to think clearer.
BrilliantDarkness chapter 4 . 10/13/2012
Yay for Buck! Thank goodness he was able to get through. Sometimes we put up such walls to cover our fear. I am so glad that she's finally at least considering what she really wants and advocating for that!-J
Mercy2908 chapter 4 . 10/13/2012
Thanks, Michelle!
Lana Coombe chapter 3 . 10/13/2012
Janey is being a typical teenager isn't she? Like the way you're portraying how all the adults are handling this in their own way. Let's hope it doesn't cause too much of a rift between the families!
Michelle chapter 4 . 10/13/2012
Great Job! I really love this chapter ! Cannot wait for more !