Reviews for Pawns
Tabithatibi chapter 4 . 6/12
Finally I've got round to continuing with this! I'm very glad I did - such a dramatic ending! And, more than that, a chilling ending, which I love. The mention of Pettigrew was good too.
I shall read more tomorrow ...

Oh! I also really liked the idea of the knee-bouncing for the different chess pieces, that was a lovely touch. And the namedropping of the shop with the cheapest bread. Just, eesch, so many lovely details!

Tabs ~
Tabithatibi chapter 3 . 5/25
Benait was very sweet, if ditzy and naive. I loved the description of the Ali Bashir's rug shop, and the little commentary on each of the signs posted on the rug at the back of the shop.
So, what are the Sutches going to do? I'm intrigued, I must say ...
I look forward to reading the next chapter. :)
Tabithatibi chapter 2 . 5/19
This was a great chapter, really great. And I mean that quite honestly, because I very rarely like or read fanfics that are based around OCs, but this one is captivating. The whole scene in the Apothecary was really good; I liked the bartering and something about the transaction in general, the old oil and the 'baccy' - it was really nicely done. I have a feeling things might soon get even worse for the Sutches ...

I'm very intrigued about where this is going, and how it will all end ... Only ten more chapters to go! ;)
Tabithatibi chapter 1 . 5/17
You promised it would be grim, and you were telling the truth. What happened to Cles is such a ghastly image, and the whole thing is so dark and shabby - I really like it. As always with your stories, it's the details that make it sing. Really good, really intriguing . I loved the vague descriptions of the Death Eaters visiting in the past ...
The only thing I couldn't help but wonder was why they couldn't get more oil by simply increasing the quantity from what they already have - similar to how Hermione describes food as the first of the five Principle Exceptions to Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration; you can summon it, increase the quantity, and transform it. However, at the same time I assume there might be laws about that sort of thing in the wizarding world to enable businesses to keep running; charms placed on certain goods to prevent people simply multiplying what they've bought.
Paradox.bookjunkie chapter 12 . 9/7/2014
omg. The chess references! XD
Loved them.
This story should have gotten a hell of a lot more reviews, what for the plot and the writing. Really well done ;)
(P.S.- It was definitely worth my time looking over.)
Drollittle chapter 12 . 3/3/2014
I enjoyed reading this! I liked all the chess meraphors, and the ending was perfect. I want to take Anticles home with me, whether still mad or just not quite all thereā€”he reminds me of some kids with autism I have known and loved.
Drollittle chapter 3 . 3/3/2014
I love Anticles! Sometimes it takes a crazy little person making a big mess to lighten the mood.
bravenclawesome chapter 12 . 2/23/2014
Great job! And now I've managed to up your review count to 9 on this story! It's a pity the pairing is unpopular, I think your story would have gotten a heck of a lot more reviews than it does now for the quality of writing, realistic characterisation and just the plot in general.
bravenclawesome chapter 10 . 2/23/2014
I like how you repeat certain phrases for effect, it's a technique that tends to be overdone at times but you got it just right.
bravenclawesome chapter 8 . 2/23/2014
You write Bellatrix AMAZINGLY.
bravenclawesome chapter 6 . 2/23/2014
Great opening sentences. I don't usually review as I go, and prefer to leave one big review at the end of the entire story, but I felt I would up your review count since we're doing an exchange anyway.
bravenclawesome chapter 3 . 2/23/2014
I feel like you could have introduced the characters better because with so many OCs I was beginning to feel a little confused and had to backtrack a little at some points. I LOVE the name Antigone, and the other names are also well done. I like how you interweave history and the magical world here, and the chapter names are clever.
bravenclawesome chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
As an opening chapter I expected a little more action for the story to grab my attention, but I must credit your OC for not being a typical Mary Sue, which is the biggest reason why I usually avoid OC fics like the plague.
congratsyou'vegrownasoul chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Well, after you've been so kind as to check out and review my story, I decided to reciprocate. And I was wowed. This is extremely dark yet not maudlin, poetically written, and character-driven, with a convoluted yet understandable plot. I love it.

1. Tiggy is an unusually good OC, as well as a fascinating counterpoint to the stereotypical and rather generically heroic protaganist that is all too common in amateur literature. I really like her blend of twisted, world-weary cleverness and isolation, almost naivete. She's a wonderful antihero.

2. I had a sort of creeping horror coming on me trying to find out exactly who/what Cles was in the beginning of the story. The final realization left me chilled and slightly nauseous. Wow.

3. I really appreciate how you experimented with the setting of Knockturn Alley and its inhabitants. The glimpses we get of Knockturn in canon are fascinating, yet it's rare to find a good fic about this area. The dingy, scruffy poverty of the district, the accents, the suspicious shopwares, the elderly, downtrodden and bitter locals...I love it. I also liked how you differentiated between the Death Eaters and the people of Knockturn, most of whom, though involved in Dark Arts, are not allied with Voldemort. Despite the general suspicious aspect of the neighborhood, your Knockturn is more of a black market than a haven of terrorism. Good world-building choice.

4. I also like how you found an explanation for where wizard chess sets come from. The descriptions of Rax and Tiggy making chess pieces are beautiful, and I love the chess-themed chapter titles.
AtaraxiaVorfreude chapter 2 . 10/6/2012
This is seems promising. I'd love to read more of this. It's quite original and creative. :)