Reviews for Confinement
S. Winter-Fitzgerald chapter 1 . 11/6/2015
Ugh. I wasn't counting on this even if your fics have been lovely stories to read. Here I am missing Mary and Sybil's relationship once again as well as Mary x Matthew and Sybil x Tom. Even Mary and Edith's temporary truce was beautiful and that moment Mary recalls her being a child and playing in Carson's pantry was so so lovely. I'm going to try not to cry now.
Lady Eleanor Boleyn chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Ah! She's pregnant too! Eeek! So cute! You have to do a follow-up to this of Mary's confinement and the birth of her child...Sybil would be so sweet and motherly and they'd be planning their children's futures from the cradle...the mothers in council, I believe it's called. Oh please do! Please?
smndolphin chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Please forgive the tardiness of this! Absolutely perfect. Of all of Mary's nonromantic ships, one of my most favourites is Mary/Sybil. From the very start of the show, you could tell these two had a special and unique bond and you show that perfectly here. I loved how Mary took care of Sybil and you portrayed both their personalities perfectly. The scene with Matthew that followed was just utterly priceless. Poor dear, sidestepping a bit given the recent arguments of the past and I just loved the image you wove of the two of them together like that (It's still hard to believe similar scenes are now canon!). At this point, I started to suspect, but her reaction made me wonder if I was wrong because she's right about the changeability. My heart broke anew at Edith coming over from Sir Anthony's (CURSE YOU JULIAN FELLOWES), but I loved how the Crawley sisters rallied around Sybil at this time. Very perceptive of Sybil to see that Mary had a headache and after the conversation with Dr. Clarkson, it became fairly obvious and I just cannot stop smiling :D. It was lovely to see a window into Mary's thoughts as she considered what had happened in the past when Sybil was born, what was happening now (smart girl to realize Tom wouldn't be kept away) and then what could potentially come (ADORED that Sybil and her children would have a place at Downton as long as she lived).
No words for how much I loved Mary and Edith holding hands as they ran to Sybil's room after Anna woke them (LOVELY IMAGE!) and couldn't help the tears when Mary saw the baby for the first time. Loved how she didn't care Tom was completely ignoring etiquette, it clearly didn't matter :).
I really don't think there is any way JF will be able to top the scene of Matthew meeting the new baby for the first time. Loved how he was looking at Mary with abject adoration and her annoyance that he wasn't even looking at the baby. Perfect timing with Sybil mentioned Clarkson and loved how Sybil immediately understood. And her telling Matthew ... there may have been some squealing and flailing at this point.
Perfect story is perfect! Adored this on every level imaginable. Thank you so so so much for writing this story and sharing your amazing talents with us!
Anke chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
What a charming story. I really enjoyed it and wouldn’t mind a continuation :-)
Pemonynen chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW! :D:D:D That's it. That's as much as I'm capable of! :p

I loved Mary and Edith holding hands and being reminded of the last time there was a new baby and they were together as they went to see it. Loved the allusions to what Matthew was doing in bed that meant he was not exactly...eye-level with Mary. ;) And Cora!

I JUST WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. I know it won't (not now anyway), but I will accept any variation of the scenario. :D
TinkStar87 chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Aww I love it, it's sooo sweet and making me want to watch season 3 -
EOlivet chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
AWW! :D I so wish this would happen on the show, as I loved the juxtaposition of Sybil's labor with Mary's increasing symptoms. :) And YAY for unusual symptoms! Absentmindedness! Headaches! Enlarged breasts! (that scene was HOT, the image of Matthew's head *below* Mary's, that you only alluded to...OMG. Yeah. ;) You captured both sides of M/M's marriage well, with the quiet waiting in bed scene. And I particularly LOVED the imagery of having Mary remember when Sybil was born, and then holding hands with Edith at hearing a baby's cry - like they were little girls again. Just PERFECT. :D And you always know exactly where to end your stories. :) This was a treat - thank you so much for posting it! Keep writing! :D
TheSingingGirl chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Very fluffy, and yep, feeling very uncanon now! (Uncanon is now a word.) Then again, I suppose there's time between 3x04 and the birth of Sybil's child for this to become more canonish. (Canonish is also now a word.) I particularly love the bit where Edith muses that it's odd thinking of Sybil being a mother, because it does feel that way, doesn't it? We've watched her from when she still had her hair down, and got excited over her new trousers, and now she's a wife and mother... Oh, it just makes me want to hug her!
Lola chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Very cute! Love the conversations with Sybil and Mary's gradual acceptance. Thanks!
thorteso chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Sweet story.
It would be fun if you continued this until the next confinement. :)
silvertonedwords chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
This was absolutely lovely.
Mary being pregnant and hesitant about it was actually the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that photo. I do hope that's what it is!
R. Grace chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Wew, that was a lot of fluff, but it was just lovely. :) I especially loved Matthew...of course he would notice her little changes. And then him looking at her holding the baby was too precious. Very well done. :)
MayLilia chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Lovely. Hope the canon can go as smoothly as this.
viscountessmary chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Adorable! I love it! Although I wish you'd had written the part where Mary actually tells Matthew that she's pregnant. It'd be nice to see (read) his reaction. Great story :D
Audrey C chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Just perfect. Oh, I hope it happens this way on the show. That would be wonderful indeed! Well done as usual!