Reviews for Invictus
Gwen chapter 29 . 6/20
This story is effing awesome, and I'm super sad to see it hasn't been updated in forever. Truly hope and wish everything is going good for ya in life, Cpl. Hicks; cause you write a superior fic that is just hot chili peppers hot damn! And it will be a shame to see it let go just like that. Keep your head up and be strong, chica. Rock on!
;D So long and thanks for all the fish. Xo
Lyumia chapter 29 . 5/28
I would like to start this review by saying I am absolutely infatuated with this story.
Firstly, being my third time reading, I wantedto give you a review that would really flatter your work, but then again words alone wouldn't be very fulfilling simply because there's too much that's just simply brilliant I can't make an adequate comment. So basically I wanted to give you a review that when you finished reading it you'd practically explode with joy.
Secondly I'd like to talk about the work itself, because the plot winds itself together like the fine silk of a spider's web and ties itself together effortlessly, I particularly find joy in your dynamic characters and psychological depictions and explanations and the over all topic of sexual identity, gender roles and inner turmoil is such a powerful and moving way it makes me feel as if they all were real people. Overall I found your writing enlightening, for I hadn't thought much about sexuality much before reading your story and I have to say that it's amazing, for lack of better word.
On another note; Cloud- oh how you completely shattered the typecast most authors gave him as an innocent and shy dork, and honestly his transformation is magnificent, and when I thought about how all his views of how sex, gender and other things changed in a matter of two weeks reminds me slightly of the intensity of Romeo and Juliet... Aha, that is if Romeo and Juliet took place during the age of Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll...anyways you shaped him perfectly into Baby it was awe inspiring to just read about it. And our darling Sephiroth, who isn't the perfect man the fangirl Cloud on crack believes him to be, and it's so wonderful how you made him so breathtakingly human in such a way that it was impossible for me to determine how I felt about his persona- actually I was quite jealous by the way your final product came out smoothly and realistic, but now that I think about it the notion was slightly lucridious. Anyways Genesis and Angeal were perfect, and it was great to see how much they contrasted but fit together so perfectly with their light teasing despite the heavy atmosphere. Zack the ever loving puppy, you balanced his personality wonderfully, and it was as if he was the same Zack Fair I absolutely adored when I got my hands on a copy of Crisis Core.
Granny, I absolutely love her, she's the person in Cloud's life everyone wishes for; forgiving, understanding and striving to help even if it's for the troublesome protagonist, ahaha, and as much as I would absolutely love to say everything I love about all your characters, and what you did with the cannon characters I think fanfiction would put a character limit on the reviews if they catch wind of mine.
Thirdly I'd like to discuss the plot- and such wonderful diction and clever hints you made using the characters as if they were puppets on your strings and beckoning others to slowly sink into your story and get lost in the words for hours (well, at least that was my experience) "the day I fall for Cadet Strife is the day the world will be engulfed by a ball of fire" Genesis said- and I almost squealed in joy when I read that, and of course my imagination went wild in such a way that it took me five minutes to collect myself for me to finish the last chapter.
And not to mention the legion, it's almost like an actual mythology that I want to study and pick apart piece by piece with each new tibit of hints and information you write, I quite like the use of the nursery rhymes- I have a firm belief that childhood has a great impact on a person even in a persons' subconscious as they grow and grow old, but of course this is probably an obvious claim anyways.
Anyways, I truly love this story, and recently I started reading your other stories and was happy to find them just as well written, and (selfishly) motivate you to continue your story- at your own pace of course- because it was such an eye opener for me and vastly improved my outlook on life and perspective, and I'd be overjoyed if you updated.
Ah, of course I admit I'd be just as happy if you enjoy writing your stories as well, because as an 'aspiring author' (really, I wonder who came up with the term, perhaps for now I should just refer to myself as a new fanfiction writer) I really look to your work for inspiration and self critique.
Happy Writing, Lyumia.
Hasilith chapter 29 . 5/23
This is an amazing story. I know it's been 2 years since last update but I'm following it incase it ever continues.
Yours Truly chapter 29 . 5/17
I am very sad that you do not update anymore, but I have come to accept the fact that you probably don't want to continue with this story. It is the author's choice and will to either continue or discontinue a story at any given time. Writing a story is tough, especially when you have a lot of people (but not all) criticizing you for what you do and nit-picking little details that they find are wrong with the story that you write. With many fans come with many foes. But, don't let it discourage you from trying. I hope to see you do new projects on other websites or have a book written in the future, because you are a fantastic writer and artist. Until then, Farewell Cpl. Hicks and thank you for 29 chapters of Invictus.
Maiween chapter 26 . 3/22
Why don't you update anymore ? :( I'm so sad..
kat1316 chapter 28 . 3/8
LOL love to see Zack in a dress. BTW when will you be updating? im just rereading chapters 28 & 29 and am still waiting for the missing chap 30. Please update soon!
Eophan chapter 28 . 2/24
Oh man, I'm almost reluctant to read chapter 29 because it might be the last chapter I ever read of this story ;-; Do you have plans to return to this? I know it's been over a year and life has probably long since gotten in the way, but man do I wanna see a resolution to all this xD Fantastic writing, you have a really brilliant imagination and a lot of interesting developments in the characters, there's a lot of life in this story. I love how every event leads up to the big picture. The interactions are always true to character, and there's just so much crazy shit happening it's hard not to sympathize, poor Cloud :p I hope I get to read more someday, I'll see what 29 is like in the meantime x3 Good luck!
Stream chapter 29 . 2/5
I always wanted to review this story. Ever since I read it a few months ago, actually.

Despite a few issues with the choice words here and there (which I'm sure you meant no harm by), I really think you're onto something here.

For one, I like the themes you're including in this story. The way you're using psychology is absolutely phenomenal. I also adore how you're exploring gender/sexual identity issues here. I never saw anyone pull it off as successfully as you, which makes me love this story even more. I dig the use of legends to explain Cloud's backstory; after all, we were never told anything about his father in canon, so he could be pretty much anyone. I have to say, your take on him is the most unique one, and I really want to know more about it.

For another, there's the characters. I think you have Cloud and Sephiroth pretty spot on. In canon, Cloud had anger issues and was pretty much a little shit with a golden heart and ideals and your view of him heavily reflects that. Your Sephiroth is beautiful, and the way you addressed the issues he was dealing with even more so. Genesis and Angeal and Zack, I think you have them spot on as well. Of course, I adore all your OCs. I never thought I'd care for so many of them in one story but yet here we are. You're making me like a lot of things as a whole here, dear.

Your character dynamics are absolutely delicious, especially for the main pair. Every time you have the two of them together, I become a molten goo on the floor. The hints you sprinkled throughout the story are making me swoon as well. I can't wait to see how everything would play out.

All in all, you have an amazing fic here. You really are a wonderful writer. I sincerely hope you won't leave us hanging here, because it would be a real shame to see this fic unfinished.

Best regards.
blahrius chapter 29 . 1/29
Amazing story! I wish I'd discovered this sooner. I really love how very well-thought-out and detailed the plot is, and Cruel King is a genius idea. I'm so hooked. I really want to know everyone else's reactions to Cloud's... new "identity", especially Sephiroth's and Genesis', but more than that I'm really looking forward to the reveal of this mysterious legion, Cruel King, Cloud, and everything else connected to all these to everyone else.

I hope you find inspiration and motivation to continue writing this story again, if they have left you. I know it's been a while since the last update, but I hope you didn't completely abandon this story. :(
Snoppy898 chapter 29 . 1/22
This story is AWESOME omg. I can't get enough of it, reading this story gave me a roller coaster of emotions of being sad,happy,laughing until my cheeks hurt, and also times making my heart squeeze for cloud. I know it's been a year you haven't updated, but i am willing to wait forever on how this awesome story concludes. Thank you for writing a BAMF story LMAO :D
Asholeigh chapter 29 . 11/17/2014
Ok, it's been a while since I've left a comment. Just re-read all chapters and I'm so sad to see it still hasn't updated. Hope all is well with you and you've just hit a small road-block. Still loving the story line and everything about it. Hoping to send you some fanart on your DA account soon. Sending good thoughts/vibes/whatever! 3333
stevie Hunter chapter 29 . 11/5/2014
omg wow! this is an amazing story! please please upload more! i really want to see what happens! i love sugar and spice and i cant wait to see more of them? thank you for being an amazing writer and uploading this! x
Guest chapter 29 . 11/4/2014
I know its been well over a year, but please try to continue this fic. It's utterly amazing and I'm quite sad it had to end here
Cremage chapter 29 . 10/17/2014
Noooooooo!

I want to read more of this horrorshow fic! :'(
Cremage chapter 23 . 10/16/2014
I first read your A/N at the top of your chapter.

I went all " WTF Oo".

Then I read the chapter. Still "WTF Oo".

Awesome storry, this far.