Reviews for Ascent - I
SigmaBlackSheep chapter 53 . 1/16
I'll keep it short and sweet: Ascent I is a fanfic *GEM*. Rarely do we see writers stay so true to the characters. This compares to Gina L. Dartt's substantial and excellent work around ST:VOY! But the best was finding out that Ascent II and III have already been published. Because, though a strong Data fan, Lore has definitely been growing on me! Thank you SO MUCH Lydia Gastrell!
Tenderfoots chapter 17 . 6/16/2013
Oooooh, maaaaaaan! This is amazing! I adore this! I'm like, spazzing out over here!
Atomic struck'ya chapter 31 . 6/16/2013
Go Lore! :) Larson had it coming! Great writing, you've turned one of the villains of TNG into a likeable character whilst retaining his correct personality traits.
Moon FireStar chapter 6 . 1/26/2013
OK interesting story so far...but one thing that's kinda driving me a little nuts is ...umm you do know her name is Deanna not Diana ,right?
StevenM chapter 30 . 1/16/2013
Two words. Awe. Some. You're a talented writer! Keep up the great work!
Lense chapter 11 . 1/2/2013
I'm going to try not to read this entire story in one sitting...

But this is excellent so far! I really loved this chapter in particular. Presenting the last scene in which Data receives a check up and is in perfect heath to this opening scene where Lore requires medical attention but has difficulty asking for it. It puts a different spin on both characters. They really do come out as foils for each other in this story, don't they?

I was also kind of curious, have you written anything before this? Because as far as fanfiction goes, this novel-length story is far better than any I've ever read.
Cheap Trixie chapter 53 . 11/29/2012
I LOVED this! I was sucked in from the get go and I didn't stop reading till I was finished! Amazing!
Kharlan Hero chapter 52 . 11/27/2012
Great story!

Lore has always been one of my favorite characters, despite only having a few appearances in the actual series. I like how you portrayed him in this, and how his character developed throughout the story.

I also liked how you showed Data, he seemed in character considering his emotion chip.

Lore cares enough about Anna to fake his own death, much better than him actually dying. No wonder Data turned off his emotion chip later, it must be hard on him. Anna doesn't have that luxury, or the knowledge that Lore is still alive, unfortunately.

Are you aware that chapter 50 actually includes 51 and the epilogue as well, even though you have them posted as separate chapters too?

Off to read the sequel! :)
Lydia Gastrell chapter 47 . 11/21/2012
6,631 views, everybody! I know some of you must have been spreading the word through whatever online communities you are a part of, and thanks so much! I never thought it would reach so many people. Happy reading ;) -LG
HowlynMad chapter 52 . 10/30/2012
What a cruel, cruel, cliffie, for shame! Well, can I just say again how much I enjoyed this. I had specific things about specific chapters but since I opted to not deluge your comments I will just offer (again) that this was an engaging adventure that had me invested in the characters. Well done! AND I will be waiting for the promised follow-up.
HowlynMad chapter 26 . 10/29/2012
Ok, just one more.. promise. "Machine! A machine! You have no idea what he is! Machines don't seek power. Machines don't use monsters to kill people!" Insightful line and my fave of the chapter. Ol' Reed, or should I just call him Ahab has lost his mind in spectacular fashion.
HowlynMad chapter 25 . 10/29/2012
I know what I said but just one more... the scene on the catwalk was awww, I dont think I need to elaborate on that. But then this part with Anne, just seems a bit unfair to me. She knows the situation and yet it seems she is judging him harshly. Lore has made/is making progress. Why should it be on her timetable? Especially after what he did in saving the ship... cut him a break sweetie, he's in love and doesnt know what to do about it!
HowlynMad chapter 24 . 10/29/2012
I was going to review each chapter... until I realized there were more than fifty. As much praise as I would like to give this story, I fear it would quickly become irritating to you for me to comment on each. (oh no, not another one from HowlynMad yikes) Let me just say I am really, really, enjoying this story. The character development is wonderful and the characters are very in-character which is a big jot button for me. The plot is coherent and intriguing. I don't even mind the addition of non-canon characters (they're that well written). Bravo!
HowlynMad chapter 10 . 10/29/2012
All right Data, don't make me slap you...
HowlynMad chapter 9 . 10/29/2012
Another insightful chapter. We're starting to get into Lore's head.