Reviews for Figmentum
edwardcu77en7over chapter 4 . 10/17/2012
I just want to tell Bella that I feel the same... I just can't imagine Edward kissing Rosalie! LOL
Gaby-wotnow chapter 4 . 10/17/2012
Oh my Jesus! At first I could relate to her. Tht feeling for me was "numb". I didn't know if I was hungry but I was then I'd try eating only to realize I didn't want it. Roaming thru my days in without a purpose. Ultimately I knew it was depression. I hope B is not. However, it really worries me how her characters are refusing her plot. They have no chemistry. I don't feel it. I guess that's how sometimes readers feel like a story/pairing, experience is being forced on them. God, is Bella so lost and lonely that she really connects with her fictional character. How can this not be worrisome?! How will this workout? I'm sure the novel will end up being epic and successful but what about B? :(
TexasTwilight77 chapter 2 . 10/17/2012
I have a feeling that maybe there's more to Alice and Jasper, though they might not have acted on it. Also, I'm so anxious to see how Edward comes to life...excellent chapter. ;)
dreaminginnorweigen chapter 4 . 10/17/2012
Weeeeeee ... Down the rabbit hole! Love!
2muchtrouble chapter 4 . 10/17/2012
Can't wait to find how where this goes.
Maplestyle chapter 4 . 10/17/2012
Such a great chapter. I'm a little sad at her mother's reaction to the Jasper situation. How could she even be about to suggest that Bella change who she is to suit Jasper? She didn't ask her own husband to do it. Can't wait for more!
majose chapter 4 . 10/17/2012
:-)
teri50 chapter 3 . 10/16/2012
I just started reading this fic this afternoon and I completely love it. I'm really identifying with Bella - I get lost in fiction all the time (I'm supposed to be revising, but Figmentum caught my eye and I couldn't stop reading), much to the frustration of my family! I'm really looking forward to the rest of it, and to see how she figures out Edward and Rosalie's relationship in her story. I'm really hoping she finds a RL Edward for herself!
afmtoo chapter 3 . 10/15/2012
I don't tell you enough how much I like your stories and for that I am ashamed

AFMxx
kjghkf chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
oh my heart aches for Bella.
WhatIfThingsWereDifferent chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
Wow! Great story!
whohellanoes chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
Thanks for the update. Eh, I'm not too upset about J.J.'s break up. At least there was an understanding. Can't wait to see where she gors from here.
IReen H chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
I haven't yet read all your stories, Shell, but I have read all your first chapters. I have to admit that sometimes I'm a fickle reader. That I'm demanding, that I'm impatient. That unless I'm writing, sometimes I have a hard time sitting still. I need to be doing, these days. That's why I listen to a lot of audiobooks. When I sit down to read, unless I'm sequestered somewhere where writing isn't possible and motion isn't practical, I feel itchy with the desire to create.

So I know it kind of sucks for me to say that I read 1st chapters and not farther. I do it to everyone. I've done it to Tam and Summer and Rochelle Allison. I've done it to Stephen King and Anne Rice and Kurt Vonnegut. I KNOW that if I turn the page, or click next, that USUALLY, within the next 2 chapters, odds are the story is going to grab me hard and not let me go. I want that, while I don't. Being owned by a story is losing your day, your productivity. But OH MY GOD it feels so freaking good.

Okay so, that aside. This is one of the BEST first chapters I have ever read. Of yours, of anyone's. When I say that you are blooming as an author, I mean it. A lot of artists have one bullet in their gun. After it's fired, all they have is a futile piece of machinery. You have ammunition, Shell. You aren't, with each story, losing your passion, as so many do - you are discovering it. You are BECOMING. It's fucking gorgeous.

These are my whys:

(Jasper's half of the electric blanket is on. Right. He didn't switch mine on. Fine. Point taken. I try not to let it eat at me—I should have turned it on myself earlier.) - Soooo much here. So much. When we become dissatisfied in our relationships we find the small provocations and nourish them. You illustrated it beautifully here, without over-explaining - I saw all of it. Everything. Bella is feeling exactly as Jasper intends. Not from malicious motivation, but from the push: See my unhappiness, share it with me.

(The problem is that I will also read and/or write right through any conversation being directed at me. Once I'm "in the zone," calling my name might elicit a "Yeah?" but I'm almost certainly not hearing a word that's being said. Spoken words simply cannot compete with those written on a page or screen.) - When I answer my husband with a "yeah" I REALLY do intend to listen to him. I REALLY do. I can be looking at his face even, and the words do not make it past the wall of words blocking the real world from my imaginary one.

(He takes the plate I hand him, nodding when I raise the bowl of rosemary-scented marscapone. I spoon some onto his plate and hand him the maple syrup. He kind of grunts in thanks, turning and shuffling toward the breakfast table.) - PLEASE PLEASE come cook me breakfast. Please.

("Bullshit. I can practically hear them squeaking in their sockets."
"Well, shit." I chuckle. "I guess I better find the WD-40.") - Delicate humor, perfect. Vivid with the squeaking.

(Eternally pushing its white cavalry forward and then sucking them back out to sea.) - This could be THE most beautiful description of waves I've ever read. You brought me to the ocean, the sounds. The smells. The feel of sand and the bright of moon. Just absolutely exquisite.

(The moon, she controls them, her gravity ordering the tides, their highs and their lows.) - And here. WOW. That is all.
stormy315 chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
great chapter...so they are broken up...cant wait for more...
Isao84 chapter 3 . 10/13/2012
Finally. That relationship was painful to watch.
Is there a real life Edward?
1,024 | « Prev Page 1 .. 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 .. Last Next »