Reviews for Rights
Teresagreen chapter 8 . 5/13
I've only just found this due to the rest of the "In sickness ..." prompt.
This is delightful, adorable, quirky, funny, sassy and I loved it. Very well done!
NEGirl chapter 8 . 5/10
Truly lovely.
ChelsieSouloftheAbbey chapter 8 . 2/26
Sigh ... this is just. so. beautiful.
I love it, was grateful for the mention so that I would scurry back to reread. GUH - Why couldn't JF have just asked you to write all the Chelsie.
Fabulous perfection. Feels - everywhere. x
ChelsieSouloftheAbbey chapter 2 . 2/26
I'm so glad I asked people for their favorite fics. My heart just exploded. I've read this before, not sure I've reviewed it before. Rectifying that tonight, if needed. My. God.
Guest chapter 6 . 4/26/2015
ah would love to see this scene- and know more about these two favorites and how far they do go back. good writing
AnaG2 chapter 8 . 2/5/2015
One of the best fics! Thanks for sharing it!
evitamockingbird chapter 6 . 5/22/2014
I love this scene between the dowager countess and Carson. She's such a great character - so snarky and sarcastic, but obviously a good woman. You've written them both very well as they would interact with each other. Good work.
Tammy333 chapter 8 . 6/16/2013
That was beautiful! I loved the way Carson cared for Elsie after her surgery. I could just see him being attentive. Thanks bunches for this wonderful storyI!
BrittanyLS chapter 8 . 4/13/2013
This has to be my favorite story! I have re-read it many times
corriente chapter 8 . 3/15/2013
Ok, so I've read this story twice and it doesn't seem to affect me less. I almost had tears in my eyes, which SO HARDLY HAPPENS.
My favourite line ever:
"The vows say 'in sickness and health'. We would just have the sickness part at the beginning."
Such a great story to such a great pairing. I must admit, I adore your stories, have read most of them, but for some reason this particular one made me to finally leave a comment.
Carson and Hughes sooooo should be together, really. Season 3 just proves it...
Batwings79 chapter 8 . 11/8/2012
A wonderful ending to a challenging story. The topic itself a challenge to write, the research into what might have been the appropriate treatment back in the day and then trying to keep them in character as they rode the tide of fear, panic and emotions that would have gone with having breast cancer.

And then the challenge to yourself as a writer to take on characters that you do not normally write for. Giving them voices that are in character. A job well done, I would say.

You know this topic is something that is near and dear to my heart and I thank you for the story. It is well thought out, realistic and yet done with tact and care. Now, to find my own Charles who will love me with/for all of my scars!
AnxiousRobot chapter 8 . 11/7/2012
I think your Cora POV was the best of all the different ones, but I did enjoy all of them. The relationship between Violet and Carson is great.

And that's all the vaguely intelligent stuff I have to say. Sweet story! Thank you for the fluff.
Ellie chapter 8 . 11/6/2012
This is the most perfectest ending ever. The toast, the footsie, the snogging in the middle of the kitchen, the endless teasing, Charles trying to make friends with the toaster just to make his wife happy. As if breakfast in bed wasn't awesome enough. But mostly I find it perfect because of all the love that this exudes. It's so evident and if they never really say ILY but they don't need that. And I love the ending so much with Elsie looking at her wedding band and Charles admitting he should have proposed a loooong time before that.
Guest 11-5-12 chapter 8 . 11/6/2012
I've love reading this from the beginning. I hope Fellowes doesn't leave us hanging to much longer.
nonnaminerva chapter 8 . 11/6/2012
Awwwwww... giant puddle of shiny pink little hearts... might have to come back later for serious review