Reviews for Long Way Home
BluCrayonsRTasty chapter 34 . 1/22
So worth the wait! Poor Mike, I really wish he could see the good that he's done :-( I'm glad the kids remember him. Good for him for standing up to those old spinsters! Hopefully some healing will come from this. Absolutely loved it my dear! You've got a great talent! :-) Can't wait for more!
Ka04 chapter 34 . 1/20
Really really worth the wait, loved it!
Nice one, especially about the spinsters, or witches from oz. Good riddens!
Ponderoso chapter 34 . 1/19
HOORAY! You're back! Sorry for the delay but I had to read this through a couple of times before the review. Here goes!
So they FINALLY go back to Mike's childhood home where he never got to be an actual child. WHOA! It appears that everything there was frozen in time right after that horrible multiple murder-suicide happened. Does this mean that in all the years since, NO ONE else attempted to live in that house including desperate vagrant squatters after ll that happened. Mike SURE has been haunted by it. Yeah, he was understandably shaken by the memories washing over him but, not only had he had the chance to talk over with his friends what had happened but, more importantly, they are THERE to help him through this. Not only that but just as Aunt Kate is helping,too, who should show up? All his known surviving sibs who actually had PLEASANT memories of their time with him, thanks to him taking the brunt of the abuse and neglect and shielding them. Mike was even Christian's HERO [ does this echo the Real Life situation re father and son by that name?]! Interesting revelation by the old black woman named Sadie Dooley. She's SAVED all those letters Christian mailed Mike [wonder why she didn't think to ask Aunt Kate (the closest thing to a trustworthy adult Nesmith )at least where to forward them?]. Still, it was a wonderful thing she did and I think Mike reading them at once will give him a better idea HOW Christian has grown up than had he read them as Christian wrote them. UGH! The Nesmith Blood Aunts show up! No doubt they are related to Uncle Robert and his legal father Ren re EXPECTING him to take care of them in spite of the neglect they perpetuated and the abuse they condoned. HOORAY for Aunt Kate to call them on it [at last]! They actually turn their collective noses at the idea of staying in Mike's childhood home? Not surprised but at least Mike told them right that they had NO problems letting him and the others get stay there but then withdraws his offer. Oh, and I'll bet THEY knew a LOT more re the childhood abuses AND the late Uncle Robert's longtime illegal usage of their land re a drug operation. HOORAY for Mrs. Dooley to suggest a shelter for them! Natch, they share their brothers' hypocritical bigotry and try to dis Mrs. Dooley for her pigmentation and Florence actually tries to STRIKE the old lady but, Aunt Kate puts THEM in THEIR place re who REALLY are the 'betters' . HOORAY for Peter for calling them on their lies [and Micky protecting 'Big Pete' while throwing Florence and the twins OUT ]and BIG HOORAY for Mike for telling them that they are to call him 'Michael' and not 'Robert'. Innocent Jen asks who these three were and Mike answers they're the equal of the Wicked Witch of the West and I agree that's quite apt but I think they could ALSO be Macbeth's three witches!
What a catharsis! Now Mike has to find out the fate of his twin sister- and I wonder if Mrs. Dooley may have been the midwife who could now provide the key? So GLAD you didn't let this wither and I REALLY am looking forward to more! Thanks and KEEP GOING!
Luv4Monkees chapter 34 . 1/17
I love this! Please continue to update :)
Avirra chapter 34 . 1/17
The 'drop houses on' line? Perfect.
Luv4Monkees chapter 33 . 1/2
This is one of my favorite fan-fics so far! Please update soon :)
Monkeefan1986 chapter 33 . 10/23/2013
This chapter was fabulous! Loved Mike's last line in it. I am looking foreward to the next chapter whenever you are in good health or your laptop is in good working order again. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. :)
PlushChrome chapter 33 . 9/17/2013
Oh, yikes, what a last sentence! Wow, Mike sure had to go through a lot to get a bit dark like that. lol, that sent a few shivers down my spine. Great chapter, I love it! :D
Guest chapter 33 . 9/17/2013
I agree with saiken2009!
saiken2009 chapter 33 . 9/17/2013
no worries on the delayed posting. this was a good chapter. wasn't expecting that. and take your time with the rest. i'd rather wait than have a rushed chapter you aren't satisfied with. and i think all your other fans would agree with me. :D
Ponderoso chapter 33 . 9/17/2013
Thanks for updating this [and for the explanations]. I hope things improve 'puter [and more importantly, healthwise] for you!
Onto the chapter: I know that Aunt Kate means well here trying to get Mike to get more sleep rather than continuing his insomniac habits of a lifetime but WHY is she calling him 'Robert Michael'? I'd think after ALL Uncle Robert put Mike and everyone else through, Mike would be right to say that he NEVER wanted to hear that name again. Oh, well, it's good that Peter's trying to keep watch over Mike,too. They're finally starting to settle when. .. the NESMITH RANCH is burning? Was it entirely spontaneous, accidental or could it have been from some fringe of the Nesmith/Sandoval gang as yet unapprehended trying to destroy evidence of culpability within? Good that Mr. Dooley is there to take stock of the remaining livestock and hopefully none were lost in the blaze [and Mike was nice to offer any survivors to the Dooleys]. Good of Peter to consider wanting to help but by the time they dressed, drove there, there'd be little if anything left for them to save -and there's already a volunteer fire department trying to do the job[and evidently a local news crew]. Can't blame Mike for wanting it to just burn even though Peter has pointed out that it's actually rightfully HIS. Yeah, if the spinster aunts were anywhere close to as evil as their brothers Robert and Warren, they can rot,too. So does this mean that Mike WON'T confront the aunts or and will they be able to rebuild or maybe Mike can just sell the land off and donate the proceeds to charities for abused children. Thanks for updating this and I look forward to reading how this gets wrapped up. KEEP GOING!
Ponderoso chapter 32 . 9/5/2013
It's been over a month since the last chap. I hope all's well with you yours and look forward to how this tale gets wrapped up.
PlushChrome chapter 32 . 7/28/2013
Ooh, I can't wait to read more!

And welcome back! I've missed hearing from you. I hope everything's going better now. :)
CircleSky chapter 18 . 7/27/2013
I don't usually read angsty stories but this one is compelling, and well-written. I enjoyed Micky's brigadeer impression earlier.
Ka04 chapter 32 . 7/27/2013