Reviews for Long Way Home
ImyGirl chapter 3 . 2/16
This is excellent so far. Love it!
Zeddemore99 chapter 35 . 8/24/2014
I've loved this story from the beginning my poor poor Mike!
hey im gracie chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
this is good i like how sweetly concerned they are about him ecpecally davy. plus this is about my fav monkee and of course my other fav monkees
Ka04 chapter 35 . 8/18/2014
This is a really good, well written story and great to see a new chapter!
Good job, looking forward to the next update!
Ponderoso chapter 35 . 8/18/2014
Well, Mike sure settled things fair and square. No point in making the Dooley Family homeless AND it would be good to use the land as a refuge for abused folk. I wonder how this is going to wrap up [and will we find Mike's twin's fate?].
Georgia chapter 35 . 8/16/2014
I started reading this, about a month ago, very nail biting. Thank you for updating. Is there going to be another chapter to tie things up? Please continue.
Monkeefan1986 chapter 34 . 5/29/2014
Wonderful chapter! It has been many months since you have updated this amazing story. Hope you are doing well, and hope there will be a new chapter soon!
BluCrayonsRTasty chapter 34 . 1/22/2014
So worth the wait! Poor Mike, I really wish he could see the good that he's done :-( I'm glad the kids remember him. Good for him for standing up to those old spinsters! Hopefully some healing will come from this. Absolutely loved it my dear! You've got a great talent! :-) Can't wait for more!
Ka04 chapter 34 . 1/20/2014
Really really worth the wait, loved it!
Nice one, especially about the spinsters, or witches from oz. Good riddens!
Ponderoso chapter 34 . 1/19/2014
HOORAY! You're back! Sorry for the delay but I had to read this through a couple of times before the review. Here goes!
So they FINALLY go back to Mike's childhood home where he never got to be an actual child. WHOA! It appears that everything there was frozen in time right after that horrible multiple murder-suicide happened. Does this mean that in all the years since, NO ONE else attempted to live in that house including desperate vagrant squatters after ll that happened. Mike SURE has been haunted by it. Yeah, he was understandably shaken by the memories washing over him but, not only had he had the chance to talk over with his friends what had happened but, more importantly, they are THERE to help him through this. Not only that but just as Aunt Kate is helping,too, who should show up? All his known surviving sibs who actually had PLEASANT memories of their time with him, thanks to him taking the brunt of the abuse and neglect and shielding them. Mike was even Christian's HERO [ does this echo the Real Life situation re father and son by that name?]! Interesting revelation by the old black woman named Sadie Dooley. She's SAVED all those letters Christian mailed Mike [wonder why she didn't think to ask Aunt Kate (the closest thing to a trustworthy adult Nesmith )at least where to forward them?]. Still, it was a wonderful thing she did and I think Mike reading them at once will give him a better idea HOW Christian has grown up than had he read them as Christian wrote them. UGH! The Nesmith Blood Aunts show up! No doubt they are related to Uncle Robert and his legal father Ren re EXPECTING him to take care of them in spite of the neglect they perpetuated and the abuse they condoned. HOORAY for Aunt Kate to call them on it [at last]! They actually turn their collective noses at the idea of staying in Mike's childhood home? Not surprised but at least Mike told them right that they had NO problems letting him and the others get stay there but then withdraws his offer. Oh, and I'll bet THEY knew a LOT more re the childhood abuses AND the late Uncle Robert's longtime illegal usage of their land re a drug operation. HOORAY for Mrs. Dooley to suggest a shelter for them! Natch, they share their brothers' hypocritical bigotry and try to dis Mrs. Dooley for her pigmentation and Florence actually tries to STRIKE the old lady but, Aunt Kate puts THEM in THEIR place re who REALLY are the 'betters' . HOORAY for Peter for calling them on their lies [and Micky protecting 'Big Pete' while throwing Florence and the twins OUT ]and BIG HOORAY for Mike for telling them that they are to call him 'Michael' and not 'Robert'. Innocent Jen asks who these three were and Mike answers they're the equal of the Wicked Witch of the West and I agree that's quite apt but I think they could ALSO be Macbeth's three witches!
What a catharsis! Now Mike has to find out the fate of his twin sister- and I wonder if Mrs. Dooley may have been the midwife who could now provide the key? So GLAD you didn't let this wither and I REALLY am looking forward to more! Thanks and KEEP GOING!
Luv4Monkees chapter 34 . 1/17/2014
I love this! Please continue to update :)
Avirra chapter 34 . 1/17/2014
The 'drop houses on' line? Perfect.
Luv4Monkees chapter 33 . 1/2/2014
This is one of my favorite fan-fics so far! Please update soon :)
Monkeefan1986 chapter 33 . 10/23/2013
This chapter was fabulous! Loved Mike's last line in it. I am looking foreward to the next chapter whenever you are in good health or your laptop is in good working order again. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. :)
PlushChrome chapter 33 . 9/17/2013
Oh, yikes, what a last sentence! Wow, Mike sure had to go through a lot to get a bit dark like that. lol, that sent a few shivers down my spine. Great chapter, I love it! :D