Reviews for Caught in a Thousand Strings
Flayne chapter 14 . 1/5
Unbelievable good fanfiction. Your love to write really shines through, the characters are so rich in detail and their feelings so real that it has been a truly enjoyable read for me. I really look forward to Hikaru's development (with Akira haha) and I wonder if Sai will show up at the Tournament? (or the pro exam?) I actually hope Hikaru never learns of the Shanhai's death because he gives the inclination to blame himself. I also hope that his former client never shows his face around ever (because it might be really painful for him if Sai ever found out) but I don't think that will be the case :)

Thank you so much for writing this! I look forward to the next chappie!

Best regards,
flayne
Prominis chapter 14 . 1/4
Huh. So someone's also going to be a tad money-crazed. I wonder how that arc'll go down.
denOden chapter 14 . 1/1
I need a year to finish reading this fic,,, as I read it on new year eve, lol. I really want to thank you for writing this, it's been so long since the last time I actually feel this, this *vaguely grabbing air while mumbling* well, you know, I could not really say happy because God, the story breaks me, beautifully breaks me, and I really love it. This kind of PROPER reccuperating kind of story is very rare in fanfiction so I am really glad since I have been craving for one. Not only you depicted their characters greatly, I really love how their interaction went. They are so new and fresh yet still had this familiar feeling in them which makes them trully an AU fanfic instead of poorly disguised OC. And I shall grovel on your feet because your OCs are so loveable I feel so blank over Shanhai death. I really hate those mary sues and whatnot, so I am still having a mixed feeling after Shanhai's death since I still wished for him to be happy but reality just slapped me awake. And I really love how real everything feels, no instant recovery, no "healing dick" as you eloquently put, lol, and I really love this slowly strengthening relationship between the characters... and I am torn between Rizumu staying or not, I mean, I know this chapter already talk about the hardship of having two children with heavy problems, but, buuut, ugh, I guess I just really want Hikaru to be Rizumu big bro, lol. And I really love how Ogata acted like a lovesick maiden in poor denial, and the totoro bento box, THAT, is gold, pure gold, lol. So I hereby offer this soul of mine for ye, my friend, I shall continue this fic to the end of the world... so don't stop writing this please, PLEASE, even if it took you a year to write another chapter, please don't let this beautiful story to be left unfinished, thank you *bow*
lazyxhime chapter 14 . 12/14/2015
Wow! HikaGo is one of those series I always return to, always hunting for new fics. I'm so glad I stumbled on all your fics! I've never read dark!HikaGo fics before but I'm starting to think I won't be able to read anything else. Thanks so much for posting! Can't wait for more!
3elizabeth chapter 14 . 11/11/2015
I will admit when I first read your summary of this story with the twist of Sai having "it was a dream" I thought it was stupid and would not work. I truly thought I was only going to read the first chapter just to see but then not continue. Boy was I wrong and glad for it! This story is AMAZING! I love the characters- they are so believable. I love the tragic backstory you crafted for some of these characters and the fact that they aren't just fixed immediately making it all the more real. I truly can't wait to read what happens next! Thanks for creating this incredible story!
Ki-hori-e-te-ao chapter 14 . 10/17/2015
I'm decidedly not that good at words when it comes to like critique and stuff, so I don't tend to review stories, no matter how unbelievably great they are, but I guess your story is an exception. I'll try and critique it, but I'm not sure if this will help.

My opinion of the story line: It's heart-wrenching and honest, yet (for lack of better word to come to mind) simple. Not simple in the sense it isn't riveting and engaging, simple in the sense it doesn't make things needlessly lengthy as to solidify the amount of sadness seen throughout. Like, it doesn't ooze that 'woe is me' type of thing, which I personally like as it's not only refreshing but also true. (I mean) Personally I don't think many people or situation are as melodramatic as some author tend to portray them. That isn't to say I am like undermining any traumatic experience others people or character may have gone through, I just mean as people we tend to repress that melodrama rather than express it, which is why I like the understated but obviously there emotions you've demonstrated in this.

My opinion of your characters: I like how you've explored their differences and what makes them who they are and stuff, like though some characters are similar to their canon-counterpart, they aren't exact copies.

However I think your development is kinda slow, I'm not saying I think that obviously some characters need more interactions or heart-to-heart scenes, but for example even though there is obvious progress between Hikaru and Sai (i.e the tentative hug some chapters ago, the vulnerability Hikaru is now displaying to even Ogata) as Hikaru adjust to his life as Fujiwara Hikaru, it feels like we're not scrapping even the surface of Hikaru's character some hundred and eighty thousand words later, which is slightly dull, I think.

Though I can understand that, since it seems like you're slowly peeling back the layers of each character individually, I feel like maybe it's getting to the time where we see something different from someone, which doesn't necessarily mean Hikaru must be that someone, but I feel looking at one thing from the same perspective in an obviously complicated story is boring. Even with the input of different characters and our views of their mind, each character is pretty standard in their analysis of people and situations. With the hype of the Gate Arc and their complex characters dimming, the reason to keep reading about the same people is less appealing if you kind of dissect the story.

Maybe putting in a completely different perspective again, like how you did with Kaneko's (completely biased as I love her) would help spice the story up. Perhaps even proceeding with the idea you had about Akari's role in the story. (Which begs the question of was she ever close to Hikaru pre-parents divorce days? Like why the odd look at him when she was introduced?) Maybe if you're truly stuck at a road block you can do a filler-chapter about Shindo Mitsuko. Also, even though I find how lengthy your character development is, I also like it as it helps establish each character and their different quirks.

Overall the decision remains solely to you as what to do with each character. In less helpful news, I'm loving your depiction of Kishimoto, Tsutsui and Kaga. Even Honda and Shirakawa are proving to be interesting characters.

What I think of your writing overall: Nice. Great. Stunning. It's difficult to comment on your writing without fully dissecting it and that takes time that I really don't have right now. From a writers-standpoint your writing is levels above mine, so I can't find any faults within. Honestly you only have my sincerest of compliments and regards.

Okay, well that's all I have on the story so yeah. I'll be eagerly anticipating what ideas you may have and if you have none, I guess this isn't the first time an amazing fanfic has been put on hiatus and surely you have your reasoning's of which we needn't pry.
itte'sasprite chapter 14 . 10/10/2015
I love how you tied in the gate with the story, and I really love the relationships between all the characters! I'm looking forward to your next chapter! :D
Snowy princess white chapter 14 . 10/6/2015
please update pleaseeeee
Guest chapter 8 . 10/5/2015
Ohmigod! Tsutsui-senpai, you're advice is so good! Akari was speechless! Ahahahahahaha And Sai! When the hell did you get so badass?! Hey author-san! I love your story, and although I'm not on the latest chapter im loving your story ;)
GalanthaDreams chapter 14 . 9/27/2015
This is absolutely stunning-it's gorgeously rendered and really gets the heart.
mar888 chapter 14 . 9/23/2015
I hope this amazing story is alive...please update soon?
Guest chapter 14 . 9/19/2015
Amazing concept, sophisticated execution!
obsessivesyndrome chapter 14 . 9/7/2015
WOW. Love love love this story... The characters are so charming, I want to see more developments from them... Update soon please!
MiraKL chapter 14 . 8/29/2015
First of all...NOOOO SHANAI! ; - ;))) ahhhhh you broke my heart Orz
Loving your story! It's been a long time since I've read any HnG fics since not that many continue to update, but I'm so glad I found yours! Great characterization and plot! Writing is fantabulous, I just can't get enough! And now I'm dreading the return of Amekura, ahhhhh I don't want him to come back, but I have a feeling that he's coming back. I love how you portrayed Sai's father, can't wait to see more of him! I want so bad for everyone to be happy kuuhhh.. Anyway, keep up the good work! And thank you for writing this!
silverscribbles chapter 8 . 8/22/2015
OMGG This fic is the reason I'm going to fail my assignment. :( WHy did I have to find it now?!

It's AWESOME though. I love the interactions and I can't wait to see Hikaru interact with the Fujiwara family (if Sai ever allows it). Great story!