Reviews for Of Wine and Water
Heartkreuz18 chapter 33 . 3/21
I loved your story!
le.pechi chapter 33 . 1/4
Oh hi.
I thought it would be good on my mind to just write some things before reality wakes again and forbids me to do so.
Well, as it's obvious, I've read your fanfic.
The moment I saw the summary, I thought I could give it a shot, although I was not looking for something deep, only one shots and general things about my otp -and the reason why I got here in this fandom- while I was relaxing my brain for the tests from college.
I was so bad I couldn't sleep well (sometimes not even a wink), and my sleep-deprived state was clear on my results.
Well, maybe reading something would help...
Now, I'm addicted. No thanks to you.
I saw your story, put away in one of the many tabs on mozilla, and I decided I would give it a shot.
Why did I do this?
And why I'm telling all of this to you? Maybe I wanna drag you to the sarcastic way life leads me.
(btw, English's not my native language, I'm apologizing in advance)
The first chap, well, already got me subconsciously. When I realized that, I was already at the 8th chap.
Ah, Life, this little son of a-
Well, life goes on, and I had to forcefully drag myself from my notebook to go back to study again, the promise in my mind to return here as soon as I finished studying.
Looking back, that was the fastest time I've spent on studying.
One of my exams was yesterday, and I hope I went well enough. (Look at the date of my review. LOOK AT THAT. Yes. I had a test on freaking January 3rd)
I have another one tomorrow, but I knew that I couldn't study if I didn't finish reading this fic.
Thank heavens tomorrow is the practice one, only to tell what parasite is on the microscope and the reasons why (thank my professors making things difficult. Before I only had to write what parasite it was, but because the guy is a little paranoid, he changed his style and now we have to justify our answers as well).
So, my mind is waking up again, and I need to recover for my previous results. Nothing serious, but it's better to reach for every point that I can get.
So, as last thought. I'm DEFINITELY going to re-read this fic.
A lot.
Maybe not the last few chaps. (I came here looking for some fun, and all I got is the tears marking their way in my keyboard...)
When vacation is in, and maybe even before, I will re-read this fic.
And not just once.
Times to times, I'll revisit you.
This fic is unique, and it got me deprived of my awareness of time passing.
You're very talented, I will give you that.
So, I'll make my way back to studies, the books are waiting for me.
Thank you for writing this fic.
Who knows, maybe someday, when I re-read this, I'll put a review in every chap, telling my opinion in them all.
If you want, of course. I'm only a vet student drowning in tests, in a country far away from yours.
And maybe I'll even end up liking parasites when I pass this module.
Haha. As if.
Well, see ya in the future!

Keep writing!
~may the winds of inspiration never cease to blow in your mind~
littlemsstrawberry chapter 33 . 9/24/2016
Love it! I love home hiko raises kenshin
Guest chapter 31 . 8/28/2016
Oh! Different scene than canon! But I like this better!
Guest chapter 18 . 8/28/2016
Just the most warming and adorable scene ever. As usual, best part is nothing is ever OOC about the two. Oh heck, I'll take this from over canon any day!
Mamoro chapter 33 . 8/27/2016
Aw, lovely over all. Thanks!
Guest chapter 8 . 8/27/2016
Kenshin got what he deserved.

So far, I'm loving Hiko more than ever. Not OOC whatsoever!

Kids do well with a few tough lessons. Mine were decently strict as well. Asian families, you get hit, you get punished, but so long as the elder doesn't lose their cool, it is education and I will respect them for it. Kids don't do well when they feel their parents are just throwing a tantrum along with them though.
Mamoro chapter 25 . 8/27/2016
At 9 years old, my eldest child accidentally witnessed the birth of my youngest. Talk about an awkward "birds and the bees!" For a couple of years, I honestly thought that he might be scarred by it; he was so adamant that he never wanted to get married and that he never wanted children. Now 12, girls are alright, but he still doesn't want kids. :P
Mamoro chapter 8 . 8/27/2016
The only spanking my eldest ever got was for playing with a candle. You feel badly for it afterwards, but ye gods, I had never before and never since fanned Jacob quite that way before.

Sending them to their room afterwards to calm yourself down is the best tactic, really. I empathize with Hiko, here. Nicely done. :)
Mamoro chapter 5 . 8/27/2016
Aw, love this chapter. I have my own kids, and it sounds to me that he was actually quite patient. According to canon, he's what, 10 here? Not half had for a child that age. :)
popeca3 chapter 4 . 7/21/2016
please hurry!
FullMentalPanic chapter 4 . 9/24/2015
Though we do know Kenshin's had some hardships in life, it's something to think about that he might've been this much of a mess when he was first taken in by Hiko. Malnourished, shrunken stomach, mostly illiterate (and reading that I suddenly remembered that Kenshin has horrible handwriting), psychological and emotional trauma, and pretty clumsy. We can see the seeds of the development of Hiko and Kenshin's canon interaction in this, with Hiko's apparent bluntness and criticism. Even in canon though, you get the impression he just got used to calling Kenshin an idiot in the past and kept up with the practice even after Kenshin got all skilled and accomplished. That little comment about Kenshin possibly being even better than Hiko brought to mind that exchange when he wanted to leave for the war and Hiko said no unless Kenshin could a decisive hit in on him. A microsecond later, Hiko has a bump on the head and Kenshin's all "Well, I'm off to the war."
FullMentalPanic chapter 3 . 9/24/2015
I actually think you're doing pretty good with the balance between compassion and stoicism that makes up Hiko's character. Now he just needs a dash of self-interest and arrogance to bring him up to canon. Seriously, though, I like the more sincere approach that you do with him and well as showing his insecurities and worries that probably weren't that apparent through his controlled veneer. It's quite probable he's already killed whoever abused Kenshin, but having Hiko get righteously infuriated is nonetheless satisfying.
FullMentalPanic chapter 2 . 9/23/2015
Yeah Kenshin's got a lot in his past and I think it's possible abuse might be included in there. Throughout most of this there's tension as the audience isn't quite sure, subconsciously or otherwise, what Hiko's intentions are or even if Hiko's general personality is so abrasive that it'll just make things worse even if he has the best of intentions. That tension feeds nicely into Kenshin making an actual choice to believe Hiko though, because it puts an element of faith into the decision rather than just being based on facts. I really like the mentions of Kenshin's parents, we know almost nothing about them and speculating is really interesting.
KenKa1804 chapter 33 . 7/19/2015
Excellent story, really. It was brilliant! I really enjoyed reading every word. Hiko was perfectly IC and so was Kenshin for his age and all. All the teachings just... wow! the words of wisdom, the description of the training, the evolution of the characters, the naive essence of young Kenshin, and the paternal roll of Hiko, everything was so well written, it moved me. I just loved it! I really moved me. Please, keep up the good job!

PS: how about a oneshot about Hiko hearing news about Kenshin? I bet that would be powerful

Saludos desde Venezuela :)