Reviews for Of Wine and Water
Oxfords Not Brogues chapter 33 . 3/17
Wow. This was so good. I enjoyed every moment of this story!
Elisabpshady chapter 33 . 12/9/2014
That was the best Kenshin / Hiko fanfiction that I've read!
For so long I was trying to find one about their years together and your was just perfect!
sereace chapter 33 . 9/29/2014
aw, hiko.

the last 2 chapters made me cry - i kept flashing back on the scene from the live action movie when hiko was going against kenshin for the last time. it made hiko the father that kenshin so desperately needed at that time.

really great work! thank you!
Kyu-Momo chapter 33 . 4/28/2014
Aww.. that was awesome! You did a great job! :3
TOSoldtimer chapter 33 . 4/15/2014
This is a superb tale of familial love and loss; one of the best Hiko and Kenshin stories ever. So heartbreaking when Hiko explains why he doesn't want Kenshin to write. I'd love to see a sequel with your take on the action when Kenshin returns to complete his training and Hiko finds himself still alive! Thanks for a wonderful read.
AnnMY chapter 33 . 4/7/2014
Oh no, I am tearing up. This is likely the most tender and heartwarming story I've read in a long time. I've never read a Rurouni fic which nails the characters so well, especially so seeing as we weren't allowed the largest glimse into Kenshin's earliest years with his mentor. And here everything just fits. All the scenes, all the lessons, and not to mention the great display of feelings, makes it so real, believable. It's just so wow. Thank you.

And the tears won't stop.
Greenwolf chapter 33 . 2/25/2014
I loved it! Every chapter, every last look into Hiko's mind! The way you captured his paternal feelings toward Kenshin was perfect! I would love to see more of your work in the future!
Amber Hastings chapter 33 . 1/1/2014
Hello there!

I just encountered this story and I was fascinated by it.
I'm awed by the way you managed to portray their younger selves. I imagine it was kind of difficult. So congratulations and thank you so much!
Just when I finished it I went to watch the four OVAS again (tsuiokuhen) and I was struck again at how well your story lines up with them, giving the original work a very plausible beginning.
Thank you! It was very refreshing and so easy to imagine!
I'm just a little sad it isn't longer... I guess you should have a lot more to offer on their everyday live as master and apprentice.

Amber
DreamCatcherGeek chapter 33 . 11/27/2013
I loved it! But that is to be expected, I reckon. I love all your works. I'm a reader of your James/Lily fanfiction and it was to my utter delight when I found you wrote Rurouni Kenshin Fanfiction as well.

It was one of the first anime I ever saw. The anime however was only a fraction of what the manga was-absolutely amazing. One of my favourite parts in the Kyoto arc is when Kenshin goes to learn the final technique from Hiko. I loved their dynamics, the friendly banter, taunts and above all the familiarity and comfort level of their relationship. Your story wonderfully portrayed how they came to be that way.
Well done.
Favourited.
phantome101 chapter 33 . 11/27/2013
thank you soo much for all 33 chapters!
Hitokiri of Mibu chapter 28 . 10/30/2013
I've read this story over and over again, but the truth is, after the first time, I always stop at this chapter. Its not that your writing is anything less than perfect but I like it to end here...where things didn't change...Your style of writing along with the way you portray both Kenshin and Hiko will keep me coming back to read this many more times, of that I'm sure... I have posted a guest review before but since this is a new account, I supposed I should tell you again just what an amazing story you've written! It never fails to make me smile after a bad day...you are simply brilliant!
Guest chapter 9 . 9/22/2013
This was very well-written and sensitive. I find it interesting that others believe that Shinta could've been abused in such a way, since I always speculated so.
Hallolo chapter 33 . 8/18/2013
Hello!

I don't think I reviewed much, but I have been following this fic for a few months now... and I absolutely love it! Thank you so much for your work, and this last chapter with Kenji is really great! I think Kenshin went to some new war Japan had at the time... (because of that line "Kenshin had done it before")

Thanks again, and I hope to read from you again in this fandom :)

Hallolo
TokiNoKusabi chapter 33 . 8/16/2013
Fantastic story, from start to finish. I really think you wrote both Kenshin and Hiko well. I'm bummed to be at the end of the story now though! I would love to read your take on Hiko's response to Kenshin's death later on. The way you fleshed out their relationship, especially from Hiko's pov just seems so perfect. I feel like you've nailed the both of them in this fic more than any of the other ones I've read. Thanks for such a pleasurable read.
TokiNoKusabi chapter 15 . 8/16/2013
I'm definitely enjoying this fic. Both the heavier and lighthearted chapters, like this one, are so well-written and a pleasure to read. I love how endearing Kenshin is to Hiko, and how Hiko has even acknowledged his attachment to "his boy," at least to himself. But I think Kenshin realizes that Hiko maybe has a bit of a soft spot for him. :)