Reviews for Of Wine and Water
TOSoldtimer chapter 33 . 4/15
This is a superb tale of familial love and loss; one of the best Hiko and Kenshin stories ever. So heartbreaking when Hiko explains why he doesn't want Kenshin to write. I'd love to see a sequel with your take on the action when Kenshin returns to complete his training and Hiko finds himself still alive! Thanks for a wonderful read.
AnnMY chapter 33 . 4/7
Oh no, I am tearing up. This is likely the most tender and heartwarming story I've read in a long time. I've never read a Rurouni fic which nails the characters so well, especially so seeing as we weren't allowed the largest glimse into Kenshin's earliest years with his mentor. And here everything just fits. All the scenes, all the lessons, and not to mention the great display of feelings, makes it so real, believable. It's just so wow. Thank you.

And the tears won't stop.
Greenwolf chapter 33 . 2/25
I loved it! Every chapter, every last look into Hiko's mind! The way you captured his paternal feelings toward Kenshin was perfect! I would love to see more of your work in the future!
Amber Hastings chapter 33 . 1/1
Hello there!

I just encountered this story and I was fascinated by it.
I'm awed by the way you managed to portray their younger selves. I imagine it was kind of difficult. So congratulations and thank you so much!
Just when I finished it I went to watch the four OVAS again (tsuiokuhen) and I was struck again at how well your story lines up with them, giving the original work a very plausible beginning.
Thank you! It was very refreshing and so easy to imagine!
I'm just a little sad it isn't longer... I guess you should have a lot more to offer on their everyday live as master and apprentice.

Amber
DreamCatcherGeek chapter 33 . 11/27/2013
I loved it! But that is to be expected, I reckon. I love all your works. I'm a reader of your James/Lily fanfiction and it was to my utter delight when I found you wrote Rurouni Kenshin Fanfiction as well.

It was one of the first anime I ever saw. The anime however was only a fraction of what the manga was-absolutely amazing. One of my favourite parts in the Kyoto arc is when Kenshin goes to learn the final technique from Hiko. I loved their dynamics, the friendly banter, taunts and above all the familiarity and comfort level of their relationship. Your story wonderfully portrayed how they came to be that way.
Well done.
Favourited.
phantome101 chapter 33 . 11/27/2013
thank you soo much for all 33 chapters!
Hitokiri of Mibu chapter 28 . 10/30/2013
I've read this story over and over again, but the truth is, after the first time, I always stop at this chapter. Its not that your writing is anything less than perfect but I like it to end here...where things didn't change...Your style of writing along with the way you portray both Kenshin and Hiko will keep me coming back to read this many more times, of that I'm sure... I have posted a guest review before but since this is a new account, I supposed I should tell you again just what an amazing story you've written! It never fails to make me smile after a bad day...you are simply brilliant!
Guest chapter 9 . 9/22/2013
This was very well-written and sensitive. I find it interesting that others believe that Shinta could've been abused in such a way, since I always speculated so.
Hallolo chapter 33 . 8/18/2013
Hello!

I don't think I reviewed much, but I have been following this fic for a few months now... and I absolutely love it! Thank you so much for your work, and this last chapter with Kenji is really great! I think Kenshin went to some new war Japan had at the time... (because of that line "Kenshin had done it before")

Thanks again, and I hope to read from you again in this fandom :)

Hallolo
TokiNoKusabi chapter 33 . 8/16/2013
Fantastic story, from start to finish. I really think you wrote both Kenshin and Hiko well. I'm bummed to be at the end of the story now though! I would love to read your take on Hiko's response to Kenshin's death later on. The way you fleshed out their relationship, especially from Hiko's pov just seems so perfect. I feel like you've nailed the both of them in this fic more than any of the other ones I've read. Thanks for such a pleasurable read.
TokiNoKusabi chapter 15 . 8/16/2013
I'm definitely enjoying this fic. Both the heavier and lighthearted chapters, like this one, are so well-written and a pleasure to read. I love how endearing Kenshin is to Hiko, and how Hiko has even acknowledged his attachment to "his boy," at least to himself. But I think Kenshin realizes that Hiko maybe has a bit of a soft spot for him. :)
TokiNoKusabi chapter 2 . 8/15/2013
This chapter really impressed me. It might be the first story with Hiko and young Kenshin I've read from Kenshin's pov. Usually I only get Kenshin's thoughts as perceived by Hiko. And I think you wrote this sensitive subject matter really well. Now I'm really looking forward to reading the following chapters!
Sundarii chapter 33 . 7/30/2013
wow. those last few chapters were great. tense, but i felt each person's perspective clearly. i think my favorite part about this story is that Hiko is actually quite loving but finds it difficult to show that affection. It matches so well with his actions in canon. i also like the way you ended things, showing how things come full circle. i really enjoyed this story and look forward to reading more of your work, especially if you decide to come back to this fandom! thanks for the great read.
Queen Emily the Diligent chapter 33 . 7/27/2013
AWWWWWW! Big old grandpa Hiko. Love it!

And this story has been a joy the entire way. :) Hiko and Kenshin are an awesome pair and then add Kenji and you get priceless :)
nobleindeed chapter 33 . 7/24/2013
I like the way you wrapped up the story with the return to Kenji, which wasn't exactly surprising to me, but I liked the way you wrote it. :) I think one of the things you did best I'm this story is maintaining a tone overall and keeping in theme with that child-mentor wisdom kind of thing frim beginning to end. I think this is a lovely story that you should be proud of!