Reviews for With Friends Like These
Moni chapter 30 . 6/27/2019
And finally they are back together - although I hope Loki visits Midgard quite often ;)

I really did like your story and especially your interpretation of Hela. In would've loved to read about Loki's other children meeting everyone but I guess knowing they're finally cared for is nearly as good.

In the beginning there were a few things that (in my opinion) didn't add up; some of them I've already mentioned in the previous review. After Loki started speaking he pretty quickly started trusting the Avengers. I found that a bit hasty considering his horrible... constitution at the start. And although the coffee incident was amusing I think it happened too fast: Loki was too weak to walk and for racing with a wheelchair you need considerable strength in the arms. Besides I don't get why he was already so trusty that they wouldn't be angry. However, those are just a few tiny details.

The second part of your story totally "got" me; I couldn't stop reading. And I HATE Thanos (well, nearly every Marvel fan does, so nothing new...) Loki's death was... Well I guess you can fill in the words yourself. BTW - due to all the horrid torture this should probably be rated M?

Especially after the rollercoaster you put us through I'm very glad at the happy ending! Thor's Bjorn is way too cute :D

Thank you for this beautiful story!
Moni chapter 6 . 6/25/2019
Please don't make Thanos and the Chitauri get Loki back! That'd be way too much!

So far I liked your story and I'm looking very forward to how it continues. Will Loki be eventually all right (I hope so!)? Why is he so very much afraid of Thor (I hope Thor is bot too much OOC)? And I hope Frigga gives Odin hell!

However, a few tiny details caught my attention: Why would Tony have a hospital bed, a wheelchair and in general a part of his tower reserved for hospital purpuses/patients? Besides, for diagnosing broken bones a x-ray is necessary, I don't get how Tony and Steve were able to diagnose broken bones due to swelling and red sprains. Finally I think it's OOC for Tony to run when Fury calls and to be so very relaxed about the Chitauri (after all he suffered from PTSD after New York).

And now I'll continue reading (despite it being 2.30am) ;D
rednoxia chapter 22 . 5/18/2019
you just made me cry. I can say that your narration drove me to tears. amazing.
CharlatanHoax chapter 24 . 5/15/2019
I guess death really do change Hods
CharlatanHoax chapter 23 . 5/15/2019
ah? A rather quick change of attitude/personality for Loki, is it not? but i really love the change
RuelessEntity chapter 30 . 5/11/2019
I loved reading this. I am just sorry to not have discovered it sooner. The story had good plot and the way you wrote the characters was spot on. I especially liked the fact it did not end after Lokis ordeal with Thanos and that you paid close attention to the after math and how the characters realised that just winning one battle would not change a lifetime of prejudices. It was very mature as far as themes go and I thought it was handle very well. I also loved the way that you introduced Hela and especially liked getting to know her and her relationship with Loki. All in all very well done. :)
MadHatterWeasley chapter 30 . 5/9/2019
Listen... I'm literally like at a loss for words with how amazing this fic is. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me wanna strangle a few characters and stab Thanos. Overall, I loved every moment of it and you even managed to make me tear up in this last chapter with Bjorn saying that he wants to be a frost giant when he grows up because they're big and strong. Like that hit me right in the feels and my heart and soul and it made me wanna hug Loki. But then again I always want to hug Loki. Anyways, I loved this fic and I'm looking forward to seeing if you have any more Avengers related ones.
Haley tuttle chapter 30 . 5/2/2019
Please write about avenger infinity part write that it other sequel. Thanks
Haley tuttle chapter 30 . 5/1/2019
What about avenger infinity part 1? Please write it. Make that it other sequel. Thanks
Guest chapter 4 . 4/30/2019
Aw come on! I like the Chronicles of Narnia.
Katie Grey chapter 27 . 4/29/2019
I stopped here. it was getting repetitive. I don't understand why you added the frost giants... it seemed unnecessary to me. The one way I could see it making sense was if Loki was able to fight them back by himself, which would show growth and be a really nice moment. but that didn't happen.
I've gotta say, kudos to you for writing this. while there are some problems... such as some characters not being very fleshed out, some reactions that made no sense, some extra scenes that weren't necessary, some characters having trouble staying IN character (I'm looking at you, caffeine-filled Loki) the heart of this storyLoki's road to recovery, accepting himself, finally getting some real friendswas all there and that was what led me to read this far.
Katie Grey chapter 2 . 4/27/2019
Your username indicates that you probably won’t see my new reviews (and this story is old, so there’s that), but I’ll leave it anyway because I noticed a few issues.
You suffer from white room syndrome for the first part of the chapter. It was all dialogue and I didn’t know where Loki was in relation to the other characters, or what room they were in.
Pepper was too quick to accept what Tony told her. Any normal person would want to know the whole story, but she didn’t ask a single question. Sure, she might just be too focused on helping him, but this is Loki we’re talking about and it seems unrealistic that all three of these people would be okay with immediately letting him in and helping him.
Just a little thing I noticed... if Tony knew how to open the muzzle, why hadn’t he opened it already?
Other than that, I already like the direction this story is going. I really want to know what happened. Of course, I love Frigga. And I love stories where Thanos is the villain! So I have a feeling I’ll like this one.
Katie Grey chapter 1 . 4/27/2019
It’s one in the morning, and I’ll admit that I laughed much longer than I should have at Tony’s jokes - specifically “don’t get your spandex in a knot” and, “sadistic meat grinder.”
I’m a bit confused about why they assumed that he was tortured when there are plenty of other things that could have happened. For example, what if he tried to escape and a wild boar came out of nowhere and ravaged him, so he ran across the bifrost but accidentally fell and landed conveniently on Stark tower? Just saying.
And, apparently, the chitauri forced Loki to attack New York and Tony and Steve both know this... but I’ll let that slide as it’s your world and it doesn’t have to be canon.
Ashla07 chapter 29 . 4/25/2019
I am very glad Loki decided to stay on Midgard, it’s where he belongs. All Odin’s prattle about ‘Asgard is your home’ and ‘but we’re your family’ was complete rubbish. Loki is happy on Midgard, with friends and people who respect him and just when he is settled in you want to uproot him and take him back to his ‘home,’ where he is neither respected nor popular? I don’t think so.
I am very glad Loki stood up for himself and said ‘No, I’m not an idiot, I’m staying where I am thank you.’ (I’m paraphrasing, you worded it much better.)
Also, I meant to put this in Chapter 28’s slot but accidentally put it in this one, sorry about that.
Ashla07 chapter 16 . 4/25/2019
I loved the sandwich scene.
You can create a new element, hack the Pentagon security system at 15 years of old, create a source of unlimited sustainable energy and build a weaponised suit that tops everything else on the market, WHILE BEING HELD HOSTAGE, But YOU CANNOT MAKE TOAST?!
This is Tony Stark in a nutshell. Smart in many aspects, sure, but completely hopeless in others that mere humans like us do not even consider a skill.
We just assume that everyone can make toast.
Who would we certainly never suspect of being incapable of fulfilling a basic aspect of human life?
Surely not one of the smartest humans on the planet.
Surely not Tony Stark.