Reviews for With Friends Like These
Katie Grey chapter 1 . 4/27/2019
It’s one in the morning, and I’ll admit that I laughed much longer than I should have at Tony’s jokes - specifically “don’t get your spandex in a knot” and, “sadistic meat grinder.”
I’m a bit confused about why they assumed that he was tortured when there are plenty of other things that could have happened. For example, what if he tried to escape and a wild boar came out of nowhere and ravaged him, so he ran across the bifrost but accidentally fell and landed conveniently on Stark tower? Just saying.
And, apparently, the chitauri forced Loki to attack New York and Tony and Steve both know this... but I’ll let that slide as it’s your world and it doesn’t have to be canon.
Ashla07 chapter 29 . 4/25/2019
I am very glad Loki decided to stay on Midgard, it’s where he belongs. All Odin’s prattle about ‘Asgard is your home’ and ‘but we’re your family’ was complete rubbish. Loki is happy on Midgard, with friends and people who respect him and just when he is settled in you want to uproot him and take him back to his ‘home,’ where he is neither respected nor popular? I don’t think so.
I am very glad Loki stood up for himself and said ‘No, I’m not an idiot, I’m staying where I am thank you.’ (I’m paraphrasing, you worded it much better.)
Also, I meant to put this in Chapter 28’s slot but accidentally put it in this one, sorry about that.
Ashla07 chapter 16 . 4/25/2019
I loved the sandwich scene.
You can create a new element, hack the Pentagon security system at 15 years of old, create a source of unlimited sustainable energy and build a weaponised suit that tops everything else on the market, WHILE BEING HELD HOSTAGE, But YOU CANNOT MAKE TOAST?!
This is Tony Stark in a nutshell. Smart in many aspects, sure, but completely hopeless in others that mere humans like us do not even consider a skill.
We just assume that everyone can make toast.
Who would we certainly never suspect of being incapable of fulfilling a basic aspect of human life?
Surely not one of the smartest humans on the planet.
Surely not Tony Stark.
Guest chapter 30 . 4/21/2019
Let me start by saying that this is one of the best fanfic s O have ever read. I adore that you went by the actually myth and made Hela Lol I'd daughter, plus she was awesome. This was also a really cute fic and Loki becoming friends with the Avengers was amazing. Thank you so much for such a wonderful story
Potkanka chapter 30 . 4/19/2019
It's been... six years since the fic ended. And I never commented at the very end of it but also never closed this tab in my browser because I wanted to comment eventually, I just kept... putting it off? (I did this with many fics, chickening out when it came to the end of the story even if I had no problem commenting on other chapters.) I really didn't want to close the tab without writing anything, and so, six years later and with not much memory of the plot, I can now say only what I remember I felt. I remember... enjoying the story immensely. The character interaction and development is what interests me the most and this fic sure delivered. Oh I remember Hela arriving for the first time and being super cool and totally different than anyone expected! Haha good times. :D
Ah, and the happy end, how could this story be without a happy end? And I'm so glad for it - for them all, they deserved it. Mainly Loki, of course, after all he had to go through...
I'm really sorry for not commenting sooner, when I had to plot clearly in my memory! But... better late than never? :)
T-tawny chapter 13 . 4/15/2019
FRIGGA! LEGEND!
Berrybanana05 chapter 5 . 4/10/2019
I love Frigga so much in this!
You go, Queen! And go Avengers for caring for Loki in this state.
TheIronGhost1223 chapter 30 . 3/22/2019
That... That was amazing. Wow, this story was a journey. I hope you've been able to make a career, or at least a little side-hustle, of this talent you have.
Guest chapter 30 . 2/5/2019
So did all the Avengers die?
Elevenses chapter 21 . 1/26/2019
I LOVE this story! I discovered it on a list of must- reads, and now I know it was there for a reason. And I totally disagree with whoever said your writing style was pure crap; trust me, there are a lot of authors out there whose English must be their second language or something, but you are most definitely NOT one of them.

Yeah, Loki’s death totally resembles Aslan’s, but I thought it was also a lot like William Wallace’s death in Braveheart, especially in symbolism. I could totally imagine Loki’s last word being FREEDOM! And I just thought you should know that I cried. Still crying. As I write this. *snifflesniffle. Anywho, you are an amazing author with amazing story ideas, and I don’t think anyone has ever elicited so much emotion from me; that takes talent. And I haven’t even gotten to the Avenger’s reactions yet!

Phew, what a great story! Thank you so much for writing it! Keep being awesome!
IamtheEreriQueen chapter 1 . 1/22/2019
Nice
Anonymous Person chapter 23 . 12/15/2018
Not sure if you even watch anime but Loki in the movies seriously reminds me of Hisoka from Hunter X Hunter. You're never quite sure if they're a protagonist or an antagonist or somewhere in between. Though in terms of how freakin' hard it is to kill Loki (I swear even after Infinity War I'm still not sure if he's actually gone, just what are the extents of the Time Stone?) he reminds me of a different character, Kageyama Reiji from Inazuma Eleven. I actually got annoyed with how this character seemed un-killable.
Anonymous Person chapter 8 . 12/15/2018
Ugh... now I'm just confused. The hell is the deal with Thor?
Anonymous Person chapter 5 . 12/15/2018
All things considered I don't think Thor knew of the true punishment. From what I can tell this happens after the first Avengers movie but before the second happened. Actually this must've also happened before Thor Dark World right? Since Frigga's still alive in this. As for Thor's part, it's that line where he is talking about his trust in Odin judgement that primarily leads me to believe that he didn't know what Odin had planned. As a whole I think that Thor is fairly knowledgeable about the forces that might oppose Asgard. I imagine this would include the Chitauri. Assuming that he does have the knowledge and his brotherly love for Loki/rather moral character is all genuine I seriously doubt he wouldn't have protested the punishment. Yeah, all things considered I doubt he knew the full extent of Loki's punishment.
TwilightGlow3 chapter 30 . 12/12/2018
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, it's so cute! This story is such a great mix of angst and fluff, and I absolutely LOVE it! You're an excellent writer, and I quite enjoyed reading this. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, both in writing and in any other pursuits you may undertake.
2,282 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »