Reviews for A Smiling Angel
Rina chapter 13 . 8/14/2014
awwww now i ship cuffs and meri. the shipping feels just don't stop! omg.
and the freaking lullaby. did you make it up yourself? if you did you should make it into a legit song. do it. sing it. it's beautiful. ouo
I loved the story. I see there's one more chapter even though it says 'end' so ima go check that out. I liked it very much indeed C: you have a wonderful talent with words, madam, and it should definitely be explored further. v
Rina chapter 12 . 8/14/2014
okay i ship finny and merianna now. i ship it. i ship it hard.
and the fights. the fiiiightsss. they're so awesome now that we get to see so much more of meri's power. that's the nickname i'm giving her. meri. awesomesauces C::
this one was a bit lighter on feels and more action-oriented, a nice break. though the shipping feels were hard with this chapter for me ovo
great work as usual!
Rina chapter 11 . 8/14/2014
omg i love the brackets (A GARDENING HOE) that's beautiful xD
again i love your sense of humour c:
The halo box is prt cool O: it really has me interested. I kinda want her to open the box but that's what I'd do. I would open it by accident and then go 'oops too late. my bad'
FEELS. again all the feels. I can't handle all these feels.
Undertaker!
those have been my thoughts for this chapter.
great work as usual! v
Kuinshii chapter 8 . 8/4/2014
Rina...you're a fast reader...
I had already planted the skeleton in the jail (to bring that flashback up) before trying to think up a way of how she could escape. I was stuck on that for a while... I haven't tried it in real life so I can't attest to the effectiveness of it, but thanks for the compliment.
Everything's stacked up against her, the desolate thing uwu...
Kuinshii chapter 6 . 8/4/2014
I'm replying to your reviews with new reviews hoping you can see my replies because I'm super grateful you're taking so much time to read this and write reviews. If I had cookies I'd share them with you. Thanks, Rina.
I don't remember where Culloch came from but Chevaux means hair in french. haha. Reading over the chapter again, I have to agree with you. Also because I forgot to format some line breaks into it. You're right in that I do like to add shocks in rapid succession and it's also a fair point to give enough space between one set and another for a more drawn out experience. I swear I'm not a taser-addicted torturer...
Kuinshii chapter 4 . 8/4/2014
Thanks for reading again, Rina.
I LOVE THEM SO MUCH I WISH THEY GOT MORE SCREENTIME IN THE ANIME AND PAGETIME IN THE MANGA. I researched both Meirin and Bardroy a lot for those two chapters. I feel like Meirin's backstory in the anime was okay. For an assassin to suddenly feel sorry about killing a father - especially someone who didn't have that same kind of burden on them felt...distant. So I wanted to make her duty affect her on a more personal level. That and the stress of being numbered and kind of seen as a machine instead of a human.
In terms of the meet-up in the streets, I also did some research in those times and they believed that "bad fumes" was a thing and flowers could clean the air. (see plague doctor masks) Snowdrops in plant symbolism often means hope and a new beginning (the characters, however, do not know that)
Kuinshii chapter 2 . 8/4/2014
Hah, I don't think Sebastian's personality would complement Merianna's at all. I definitely shoved this story as far from that as possible. I personally love the servants so much oh my god they're cute and their dynamics are awesome together I LOVE THEM SO MUCH. Sometime I feel that they're shoved off to the side in most kuro fics too. Between Finny and Merianna, I imagined that he had more of an affinity to her because of their personality complements but also because he likes birds and seems to be more "pure" and thus attracted to angels on a subconscious level.
Kuinshii chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
Thanks Rina for your reviews.
I really love fairy tales, so I'm glad it has that feel. Influenced so much...
Ah, her eyes... I don't think I mentioned their colour (probably just brown) but it's not actually red. It'd be an interesting trait if she were albino but her eyes become red from crying. If you've ever cried for a long time the whites of your eyes get all blood-shot. Sorry for that confusion.
Rina chapter 9 . 8/4/2014
Ah, Grell, yay! My favourite character
I've heard so much controversy about the pronouns, I'm glad you took the time to fix them. Personally I use they/them pronouns for Grell as there's too much crap on either side for male vs female pronouns because you could argue both rather well.
I love how it's obvious that the servants still care about Merianna, and I like the interesting backstory bits and pieces on her that we get in this chapter and the last sentence of 'she wasn't allowed to go near churches neither 'was like ohh snap to me
Rina chapter 8 . 8/4/2014
Oh no
This chapter broke my heart
That's so depressing, how the servants left her, I feel genuinely bad for the girl. I loved how she broke out by using the skeleton, that was really cool thinking on that.
I also like how you kept ciel and sebastian in character where they wouldn't break her out or care about her. I like it very much c:
Rina chapter 7 . 8/4/2014
Oooh, action and characters. Sounding good so far, I liked the more fast-paced tempo of this chapter.
Poor Merianna oAo arrested isn't good at all.
I liked this chapter much better than the last, I didn't skim once this time
I love your use of creative language in this one as well, it really helped paint the scene.
Rina chapter 6 . 8/4/2014
Wow so that took me by surprise. I had my suspicions when I read 'white hair' but an angel is pretty freaking cool. I wonder what's gonna happen next. The ball was also nice, and the whole mix-up with the queen and ash had me pretty captivated.
I think you may or may not have stuffed too much in this chapter, I felt like there was too much information as the reader for my brain to process all at once. I don't know if you meant to write it like that, one shock after another after another, but I found myself having to stop myself from skimming the chapter here.
Aside from the length of the chapter, I don't have any complaints. Great job and great story
Rina chapter 5 . 8/4/2014
wowee things are sounding pretty cool
There's a lot of tension between Sebastian and Merianna, at the rate things are going I'm probably going to be expecting a fight at some point
There was a lot of me going 'oh snap' all throughout this chapter. This was surprisingly longer than I expected, but still kept my interest.
I like how you make sure to add humour here and there too
Rina chapter 4 . 8/4/2014
I love how you started off the chapter with the kitchen explosion xD
Snowy is an adorable nickname for Merianna c:
The meet-up in the streets sure sparked my attention, and the snowdrop flowers for sure. Great writing, and writing style, as always!
Rina chapter 3 . 8/4/2014
This was so cool! I loved the back-pieces with Meirin, I like that you're not only focusing on your OC. c: other character development is also really good v
there were a lot of feels for Meirin, honest. I was genuinely sad after I finished this chapter
sounds great so far