Reviews for What Now?
HalleL chapter 10 . 3/7
I have never loved a piece of fan fiction more than this EVER. Thank you.
ladytuku chapter 10 . 12/16/2013
loved it
Scriptmistress chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
I really enjoyed every page of this story. Thank you so much for breathing new life into these beloved characters. You did an amazing job, and I hope you go on to write your own original works some day, be it a novel, script or TV show. Ive searched through MSCL fanfiction for years, but this is the first story that delivered what i was looking for. You have genuine talent. Keep writing! Your words are making a lot of people very happy.
Guest chapter 10 . 8/11/2013
By far my favourite story! It was so intense, I didn't know what was going to happen, how it was going to end, and every chapter made it impossible not to keep reading. It was written so well, and I was so invested in the characters and their pain and laughter. Felt so real. So glad I read this.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/10/2013
NOT where I wanted the story to end up but still I LOVED it. Sounded JUST like the show, esp. Jordan and the parents. Nt their story I know but more Rickie and Rayanne plz. Liked that Shane knew Brian likes Angela!
Jessa chapter 10 . 3/16/2013
Fabulous! Sad but not overboard, and very realistic. The long, quiet stretches of waiting are haunting. Really love the ease of flow from light to dark, that its not all just one tone. Thanks for great story!
Jessa chapter 9 . 3/16/2013
Wooh! Still so good! Jordan and his dad was a surprise but it was great. Like that there are these unexpected people rallying for Jordan, but nothing is easy for him because going home's never easy.
Jessa chapter 8 . 3/16/2013
Okay, love it all! Love the boys, Shane's so funny and awesome and Tino's pretty much my favorite now, but I really like the assistant principal too. It's cute how he is with Jordan. Tino and Angela and Jordan together is the BEST but its great how its this mixture of humor and darkness.
Jessa chapter 6 . 3/16/2013
This getting so good...! Love the sister and just how dark the story is. Without getting melodramatic. You can see time passing and how it changes them.
Did I have plans today? Cus all Im doing is reading this.
bigred chapter 10 . 1/22/2013
Great job just cam across it. Really liked it.
jayley chapter 10 . 1/10/2013
really liked the story...because for some reason on tv shows and even in fanfiction they pretty much never really have the abortion. which just doesn't seem likely
pansyass chapter 10 . 11/1/2012
i love the whole tone of this story, the seriousness of it, and i liked this chapter particularly. i like that you've given jordan such a strong support group in tino and his sister. i like the little touches like him tearing the thread off the bottom of angelas jeans, and i like the ending a lot."big, real". very satisfying and a good sense of sweetness that feels natural. i also want to say this was the right place to end this story. you know what you're doing as a writer and trying to milk it for more life would have felt milked.
Reshma chapter 10 . 10/31/2012
I absolutely loved this story. I was 15 when My so-called life first aired, so i'm always searching for fanfics that get the time period right and you do that so well. I really enjoyed the exchange between Angela and Jordan in the waiting room. My absoulte favorite part is them sharing the walkman. I think you're a good writer and hope you write more stories.
Jody Barsch chapter 10 . 10/31/2012
To Marion (and anyone else reading) b/c I can't PM non-members:
Thanks so much for reading and for taking the time to leave your thoughtful feedback. I totally take your comments to heart, the problem is, aside from the fact that I've never been an audience member who needed a clear resolution to a story (i.e. I'm the person who thought the finale to the Sopranos was brilliant), I really can't see them this point, particularly in the frame of a narrative story. I've been puttering with this story for a couple years and I've never seen anything beyond beyond where I left it. ABSOLUTELY this is not the end of the story for the characters, it will, I should think, still have a presence in their lives, possibly impacting, if not at least informing their choices and behaviors, but I can't see what that is, because my assertion is that in most ways they are going to slip back into their old lives. I also think that any - for lack of a better word, though I think there is a better one (something with a more neutralized connotation) - 'repercussions' may take some time to make themselves known. Really I wrote this as an alternative to other stories that haven't seemed to ring true to me. I may not have nailed it either, but this is how I saw it playing out IF it happened (which again, I don't think it would have). Really it was a writing exercise in character study I gave myself.
If you want my broad view of it, I see them staying together, eventually beginning to sleep together again, though being careful, and eventually (maybe that spring) breaking up: just because things felt too settled, they've gone as far as they can, they've stopped listening to each other, etc. They remain friends, but friends who never really talk or see each other, but who would have each other's backs if necessary. Angela eventually dates someone else, but doesn't sleep with someone again until college, and only then after quite some time in the relationship. Jordan is maybe a little more selective of who he is with - most of the time - because as much as he hated that Angela had gone through that, he also would not have wanted to go through it with someone he hardly knew or liked. He's super conscientious about safety. The next time he's in this situation he's older, twenty-seven maybe, and his high school experience informs his choice and this time he ... (can't get too far into it b/c this overlaps with my other storyline, which I'll eventually get back to.) I see both of them thinking about it from time to time, but through the years never talking about it with each other, and neither of them ever coming to regret the decision. Possibly a small part of Angela's heart hurts when Jordan's first child is born. That's as much as I see. *Though maybe Graham and Patty invest in an alarm system so that they know if someone is being let into their house after hours ;-)
Marion Davis chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Your a good writer Jodi as always but I have to say this does not feel like an ending to me. I mean now that they had this realization how will the abortion impacts the future of their relationship they are teenager, they had sex they made life and terminate it. How does Angela feels about it how will her growing up and maturing into an adult handles it the guilt in other words PLEASE COME BACK FOR MORE SOBS