Reviews for A Different Decision
ObeliskX chapter 10 . 4/22
Such a great concept. A pity it has been abandoned...
Cornelius McMuffin chapter 10 . 7/11/2018
how was 2014 four years ago already? truly astonishing. also, plz update.
Quis Custodiet chapter 3 . 9/14/2015
I have to admit to not really understanding Kyon's thinking here. I mean, it's like this mate - if you are doing first person narration and the narrator (who is Kyon) can obviously tell that he's screwing up and that the girl likes him, but then expresses later concern about if the girl likes him (which he should already know, because he noted it to himself in the narration) then you need to take a step back and actually think about what the narrator knows and doesn't.

Maybe he shouldn't be able to instantly tell what people are thinking? Isn't this one of the limitations of the 1st person narrative? You can't do the magical "inside the head" view of what everyone is currently thinking or feeling. You're cheating with this a lot in this story, having Kyon (the narrator) relate information to the reader that Kyon really ought not to know.

It's kind of frustrating because your writing is fairly decent technically, but every now and then I get the feeling I am watching someone shoot their own foot. I'm sure less astute readers won't notice (or maybe care), but it's such a simple thing to fix I can't help but point it out.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/21/2015
This is a great story. I like how you've managed to make a non-cannon relationship (my personal favorite) without amy characters being too far OOC.

The only thing that bothered me was the improper use of dialogue line breaks. I found it kind of confusing There should be a line break at the beginning of every person's dialogue. (You don't need it if the same person is continuing to talk.)

Overall, I greatly enjoyed this story and hope for a continuation, rather soon!
Grimraven.V chapter 10 . 3/15/2015
I am loving the story keep i t up plz
Dh253 chapter 4 . 9/3/2014
I like it, but please don't just drop haruhi like that. It's disappointing. Go rewatch the disappearance and honestly tell me that haruhi would drop the brigade at the drop of a hat like that. That ruins it for me and probably many others too. Remake of this story needed. Writers get busy.
Basically don't just ignore haruhi entirely.
Dh253 chapter 2 . 9/3/2014
Thinking about this is so ironic. In this world haruhi knows everything about the other, but it isn't really the case here, and in the other, she has godlike powers and thinks the world is normal and boring.
ZexalEronRelOs chapter 10 . 7/29/2014
I just recently came upon your story, and I love it so much! Your writing is excellent, and all that has happened seems to fit perfectly well with the actual story of the visual novel/manga/anime! Please try your best with the next chapter! I'll be waiting!
Knight of Lorelei chapter 10 . 7/2/2014
Ohh, and there goes it. I really liked this story up to now, and hope that it will have an update soon. I'm really interested in the direction that it seems to be going, with Kuyo probably joining the literature club, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Knight of Lorelei chapter 8 . 7/1/2014
Club member exchange? Is that even possible? Of course I don't think it would be so easy, but as long as Haruhi is involved on it. any chance that's not zero is as good as 100%. Now it's just a matter of waiting and seeing how poor Yuki will take in those news.
Knight of Lorelei chapter 6 . 7/1/2014
And here comes the cavalry. I wonder why I like Ryoko so much despite the role that Kyon seems to like to stick her in? No matter the fact, Asakura still ranks high in the list of my favorite Haruhi Suzumiya girls.
Knight of Lorelei chapter 5 . 6/30/2014
Why there must be always someone to throw a bucket of cold water when things are starting to get hot? I'm really a fan of Kuyo (and, as a matter of fact, the rest of the anti-SOS Brigade too, but I can't help but think that this story is not going to end the way that I wanted it to now that her, of all people, showed up. Well, at least now I can hope for some Sasaki in the future, can't I?
Knight of Lorelei chapter 4 . 6/29/2014
Daww! I'm feeling as if I had died and went to the heaven of moe...

Seriously, this story is getting better and better with each new chapter, I just hope that it keeps this rhythm until the end.
Knight of Lorelei chapter 3 . 6/29/2014
This is starting to get better. I really like the way that Kyon and Yuki's relationship is developing. However, I am starting to get suspicious of Asakura again, no matter how much I may like her.
Knight of Lorelei chapter 2 . 6/28/2014
Gosh! Yuki's so cute it hurts. I really like to see her in this persona, even though I think that she might be a little too weak.