Reviews for Have No Fear
Mandi chapter 1 . 10/10
I'm legitimately angry right now, because that is so disrespectful and manipulative towards readers. In absolutely no way does Merlin, aka the show's MAIN CHARACTER, count as a minor character. Readers are allowed to pick and choose what they like reading and you manipulated readers into reading this, under the belief that no major characters would die. That's not cool, at all. No matter how well written the fic is, the blatant indifference to readers is so screwed up. You could warn for no slash, but not suicide? (Which legitimately triggers people?) You didn't even bother to warn for main character death? Not everyone enjoys death fics. I don't like death fics, but the warning was for minor character. Not Merlin. It comes down to respecting your audience enough to warn them as necessary and you did the exact opposite. No well written prose or complex characterization can make up for a writer's terrible behavior towards their readers.
Oh. My. God. That was... Holy shit. That was amazing! And heartbreaking. Please please please write more, maybe from the Knights perspective. I always thought that with all the shit Merlin went through he should be a little fucked up (well maybe more than a little) but this... this was perfect.
Quill chapter 1 . 3/16
What? God, no. Why?
...
Fabulous and all, just sad.
Very, very sad.
Tragic.
Don't do this.
Izzy chapter 1 . 3/14
I absolutely loved this story. It was real and dark and I hate that the show didn't dive deeper into merlin's struggles because he has gone through so much. I know it's been a long time since you wrote this but it would be amazing if you wrote it from the Knights'/Arthur's point of view. Please consider it?
Natsuki D chapter 1 . 3/14
Love the story but really hope merlin didn't die.
Is there going to be another chapter or is this a one-shot? (Either way loved the story)
Phoebe594 chapter 1 . 2/9
Amazing story! Please write a sequel from Arthur's point of view and everyone's reactions to Merlin's death. Or if Merlin doesn't die and instead wakes up in his bed and has to tell Arthur and the Knights the truth about everything. You are an amazing writer, and I hope to read more from you in the future xx
SirenSong97 chapter 1 . 6/20/2016
SOO GOOD! Could you please do a companion piece from Arthur's perspective? PARTICULARLY CONCERNING THE AFTERMATH? Thank you. ;)
Larien Elanesse chapter 1 . 1/2/2016
:O This was... incredible. And perfect. And heartbreaking. What a compelling look into poor Merlin's horrific situation. I'm not upset about the "minor" character death warning, though I certainly wouldn't consider Merlin to count under that one. :P I completely didn't expect that one, though! It actually wasn't until I'd read the end that I realized that the fic was over and that Merlin must actually be dead. Like so many previous reviewers have said, I would REALLY love for this to have a sequel, where Merlin wakes up in Camelot, as Arthur and the knights just barely managed to save him, and everyone is very much just like "OMG Merlin, WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?" and Arthur is beside himself. And there's lots of comfort to go with the hurt, and slowly they start getting Merlin to heal and the knights have to earn his trust again. But, barring that, I would even just love a version of this fic with Arthur/the knights' POV.

Masterful writing and unique presentation. I would LOVE to read more of this! :)
- Larien
Gawd Complex chapter 1 . 10/30/2015
I hadn't actually read the warning about a character death, so I started to worry when I was nearing the end of the story and there still didn't seem to be any improvement for Merlin. Still, the ending really fits the story. You were building towards this, and it's much more satisfying for a story to end where the story takes it to than to force a happy ending. Of course, it could've ended more ambiguously, but where's the fun in that? ;)

This was the first Lamia aftermath story that I really liked actually, mainly because of your writing. Merlin's fear was written in a way that was completely believable, and the other characters were in character. I have to admit, I cannot believe it would take two years for anyone to notice anything wrong with Merlin with THIS amount of angst, but aside from that, this was a splendid story.
oma13 chapter 1 . 9/15/2015
Minor character death? I'm ticked off. I don't read death fics, that's the reason for descriptors, and minor death isn't Merlin! It is my assumption, and my right as a reader, to believe that Merlin passes out from blood loss and stress! I know it's been a long time, but a sequel with Merlin waking up and learning to trust his friends again (after they've earned it) is sorely needed! The ending is ambiguous enough to warrant that! I'm going to follow this in hoping for that!
helloyesimhere chapter 1 . 9/14/2015
wow. just wow. I can't believe you're doing that.
Obscured Angel chapter 1 . 5/4/2015
This was terribly sad and heart wrenching, as well a beautifully written. I have to admit that I did enjoy the tragic ending.
Thanks for writing and posting, it's appreciated.
BreathingMagic chapter 1 . 3/21/2015
Minor character death? MINOR character death? You have got to be kidding me! I did not expect that. Oh, God, I did not expect that... Broke my heart, really. Oh Gods. It will definitely take huge efforts for me to clamber out of this dark, cold, emotional hole you so carelessly tossed me into. Oh, my heart...

Very well written, all this, and incredibly haunting and gripping. Wow.
guardianofdragonlore chapter 1 . 3/5/2015
Safe doesn't mean happy or fulfilled. It just means nothing in this scenario. It means nothing.
VanillaSlash chapter 1 . 2/10/2015
Darkly amazing! Merlin's struggle is so raw and desperate. Well written and a great read.