Reviews for New-U
SidenPryde chapter 20 . 3/26
Great work. I quite enjoyed reading through this. You handled the characters wonderfully and the plot was well done. Thanks for writing.
happysnail chapter 19 . 3/24
Yay! A happy ending! As for the questions:

My favorite part was Tina getting adopted. Just awwwww.

My least favorite was YOU BUILT UP THIS WHOLE ROMANCE BETWEEN ANGEL AND ZERO AND THEY DON'T EVEN KISS?! WHAT THE HELL?!

I felt like there were some parts that were exposition-y, but aside from that and some typos it's pretty solid. Favorited!
Dragginninja chapter 2 . 12/15/2014
I just found this story, and so far, it's amazing! I always did wonder why nobody thought of the New-U for Angel or Roland.
hector.alcala64 chapter 20 . 10/13/2014
finaly done with it the story it's good, but did't liked the tina talked just did't seem like her , aside from that like i said it's a good story , mabye can you please make a spinoff with tiny tina and her new family with gaige , that's all i have to say.
The Wild West Pyro chapter 20 . 9/27/2014
All I have to say is that this definitely deserves its recommendation on TV Tropes.
Sonanoka21093 chapter 20 . 9/27/2014
That was a wild ride! My cousin used to pester me so much to read this story, but eventually stopped. It took me over a year after that to finally read it. It was actually a lack of power that led me to read it! We had a generator running to keep up the electricity, along with the internet. That was far from fun. ...Digressing! I quite enjoyed this fic. Second Borderlands fic I've read. I like Borderlands, but it really isn't something I'm into reading about. Thus my reluctance. Other than Tina not feeling right at all, you did a great job, and I commend you! I had a set update scedual once upon a time. I used to write chapters 1k in length daily. Yeah, I know, I was insane to try and do that. That stopped after I accidentally took a hiatus for a while. I just didn't have it in me anymore to write so much every day. Now I just write 500 words a day, and make bigger chapters! My masterpiece was 27k words! That was nearly 2x the length of my previous longest. ...Digressing again! Anyways, I'll be keeping an eye on you to see what you might produce in the future. I likely won't read further stories by you, but if one happens to catch my eye, I'll do so without hesitation. Good luck!
Sonanoka21093 chapter 19 . 9/26/2014
1: I really enjoyed the Tina parts, even if she felt a bit off. 2: I disliked the way you had Tina talk. It sounded strange, for her. 3: I wish I could have seen Jack accept that his daughter is alive, due to being killed by her siren powers. 4: Quite good. I generally liked that inquisitive side you gave her. 5: I think that any chapter over 1k and under 30k words is a good length. 6: No, I didn't know that.
lindleya1 chapter 19 . 8/2/2014
Great story :) in answer to your questions:
1. Tough one, but I think I liked most the developing relationship between Zer0 and Angel (closely followed by Gaige adopting Tina)
2. I would have liked seeing a bit more interaction between characters. There was interaction in pairs (Angel and Zer0, Axton and Maya, Salvator and Mordecai, Gaige and Tina) but there wasn't much interaction outside of these pairs.
3. NO MEAT BICYCLES! Plus I prefer Maya/Krieg to Maya/Axton. Also, I would have liked to see Gaige with the group from the beginning.
4. I really liked your characterisation of Angel. One of my favourite things about this fic, top marks.
5. Very good Chapter lengths I think. Not too long, not too short.
6. In iced the -ing bit straight away, but about chapter 11 or 13 I thought to myself "Another Chapter beginning with R? There's seem to have been quite a few." *checks chapter list* "Hmm, so there are. There's that one, and that one, and that one, and... hmm, every other chapter. I wonder if that's a thing..."

Loved the story. Also, you really didn't pull your when it came to Jack, did you?

All the best
Adam
Cpt.Rabbit chapter 19 . 7/2/2014
1: I liked pretty much any development involving Zer0 and Angel I guess.
2: I probably disliked how Jack was punished the most. Honestly, no matter what you do, that kind of thing isn't a justifiable punishment. A death sentence would be as far as it needed to go.
3:Hmm. . . Maybe a bit more on Zer0 being an Eridian. It didn't really get covered too well in the story aside from being general backstory. It didn't, you know, actually matter too much in the long run.
4:I'm not too sure, really. I've not played through either games entirely yet, so I'm unable to really say anything much. I do think she seems. . . childish. As in, when I was reading I got the feeling she was some a 12-15 year old by her mannerisms and how she was treated. I don't actually know her age, but that doesn't seem right.
5: For me, the longer the better. Honestly, I read it after it was completed so I didn't feel any effect as far as the time between, but I'd prefer reading longer chapters in general.
6:You did? Never noticed. . . Huh.
Derik P chapter 19 . 6/23/2014
Wow, just first off, I loved it! The Borderlands world has always been a fascinating world to me, and reading this just... fills in all the gaps! Some things didn't quite fit, I noticed at some parts as I read, but I pretty much regard this as the new canon in my head. So good! Onto the questions...

1. What did you like most about this fic?

The way you showed how the world is different from playing the game. You CAN'T drive across the Dust in less than a minute in actuality. And you CAN'T live without eating and sleeping. It reminds me that it's more than a game. It's a whole new universe.

2. What did you like least about this fic?

You grouped characters up a lot. I felt like instead of looking at Axton, Salvador, Zer0, etc., I was looking at the Vault Hunters Association. I could tell that you were trying to stop that feeling, but you'd have to rewrite it for that to work. It wasn't something to be helped, so I don't hold it to you.

3. Was there anything you wanted to see happen that wasn't covered? Characters?

Yes, actually. I was really excited at the part where they were all discussing what they were going to do after it was over, and I wanted them all to go on vacation and kill Terramorphous. I suppose that may have been too much, but meh. The story isn't any less amazing without it.

4. How was my characterization of Angel?

Pretty much on the dot with what I thought, except I thought of it more as Angel being forced to do Jack's demands. She was electrified by Jack in Opportunity in the game, and that made me believe that she was merely a prisoner and tool for Jack. She didn't do everything for Jack willingly. She was told to do it with a metaphorical gun pointed at her. That's just my point of view.

5. How were the chapter lengths?

They fit perfectly for me. They got information through, were good portions, and didn't just feel like they were extra pages on the last chapter. Very good.

6. Did you know that I had the titles formatted with...

Not until you mentioned it, no! Haha, that's pretty neat to look back and see!

Thank you very much for creating this so that I may read it. I hope that one day I could make something that makes someone as happy as this makes me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Dazja chapter 20 . 3/12/2014
Whew, finally done with reading. That was great! I hope you decide to do a sequel at some point. It would be great to see where they all go and what they do after this
GameJunkie7 chapter 19 . 2/28/2014
Mm, a good read, I liked several concepts used, and I loved how you used Vladof, Gaige's parents, and what difference Angel's survival made for Pandora and the rest.

It was definitely worthwhile, even if you blatantly ignored Pandora's timeframe.
GameJunkie7 chapter 8 . 2/26/2014
Gaige has the coolest fucking parents ever :D

Also, I like how you're also bringing attention outside the perspective of the Vault Hunters and Angel, as well as your explanation for why Roland and Bloodwing couldn't be rezzed by the New-U stations.

My thoughts on that are far more benign; figuring Jack just had the original Hunters taken off the New-U registry. But then again, that doesn't explain why he didn't do the same with the new group. Then again neither does yours actually...hm...oh! My new theory is that the original group simply didn't have their data transferred to the updated system (obviously the stations have received drastic upgrades over the years) and locked them out of the new system because Jack decided that their usefulness had obviously ended, and as for why he doesn't take the new group off is likely because the rezz data is heavily protected and complicated, and could result in damaging other people's data (like his own) so as for why he doesn't rezz too, I'm willing to put it off as all kinds of alien shenanigans that raw energy the opening of a Vault/Clearing of a Vault has on wireless data transfer.
GameJunkie7 chapter 4 . 2/26/2014
To note, you do know Pandora has a 90-hour day, 10-year orbit around it's star, and a 7-year winter/3-year summer cycle right?

I've noticed this in many Borderlands fics, where the author ignores the planet's day/night cycle. Because effectively, a single day's rotation is roughly 45 hours in day/night respectively, so there is no afternoon, noon, morning etc on Pandora, only Day and Night by human biological clock standards, especially since all humans on Pandora are "alien" to the planet as immigrants (sucks that they populated the planet during the 7-year winter cycle, when most of Pandora's violent flora/fauna is in hibernation *snicker*), so only locals could possibly have anything resembling a prolonged metabolism/sleep cycle for the planet's excessively long day/night cycle (if they even tried to do something that strenuous to themselves)
WitchL0v3r chapter 19 . 2/6/2014
1. I liked your descriptions and how they portrayed each character, especially for Tina's Stalker (I couldn't find the name in this chapter and I'm too lazy to go back.)
2. I thought there could've been more action in some parts.
3. To be honest, I don't know if you'd pay attention to this, but I am dying to see what Brick would encounter searching for new vaults. So many stories end with him just leaving, and I don't remember if he does it in the game so...
4. Your characterization of Angel was definitely unique in a good way .
5. Your chapters were perfect length!