Reviews for An Ounce of Blood
Adam Clarke chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
Wow, what a beautiful story of the aftermath of the Raccoon outbreak. Truly amazing and talented. A real gem, Milkmoth, you are a very talented writer and I loved the ending. What a masterpiece.
MomoMacchiato chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
Oh, man.

I'm not sure if this was a one-shot or what (I hope not-I want more!), but how wonderfully crafted this story is. You fill in the part that I was always most intrigued by: the events directly after RE2. You have a wonderful way of including details that say a lot more than they first appear to, for example: "Whenever he sets [his coffee] on the table, it sticks". That sentence says so much more than it appears to. I love stuff like that.

I really hope that more will be coming. This was great!
cjjs chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Zzzzzz...wha?... Hwa?...uh?...

Sorry. I'm always groggy when I come out of hibernation.

A great read. A sweet little oneshot.

I really enjoyed the transient feel to all this, the permeating exhaustion, the frayed nerves and the underlying reality that each character's lives have been changed forever.

You did good work staying in Leon's head. You did good work keeping Claire mysterious and tough. You did good work keeping Sherry as incredibly traumatized.

Basically, what I'm saying is that you did good work.

Always nice to see something new from you.

BTW. I liked the cover art for this. Did you do it yourself?
JackDarkStone chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
That last review was mine. I forgot to log in. Sorry.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Hm. Sad story. I think you should change the genre to angst. Hurt/comfort implies that someone goes through sadness but there's someone there to protect/comfort them.

I didn't like it but that's only 'cause I don't like reading sad stories. It's really well written. I'll keep my eye out for your stories.
tek chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
I absolutely adore this. It's nice to go back and read stories centering on the early days of RE, especially with a new game coming out.

This was just as wonderful now as it would have been posted years ago. You captured all three of them in that moment, and the little things (blue nail polish, Sherry's reading) that made everything seem realistic and within the moment.
captain-tots chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Your characterization is just perfect. I loved the bitterness between Leon and Claire, and Claire's eventual departure to find Chris. Chris struck me as being a big presence in the story, even though he never made an appearance in person. I love the way you wrote Sherry as well, poor silent Sherry with her Bible, trying to not bother anyone. I'm amazed she didn't grow up into a headcase in RE6.

I was so glad to see your name pop up in the RE section again. I hope to see more from you with RE6 coming out!