Reviews for The Hook and the Trout
LaylanatorXVII chapter 1 . 1/30
I loved the vivid vocabulary... Captivating. This is amazing. There are a lot (well, not that many, but considering the size of this fandom, you get my meaning) fics about this scene, but this is on my top two list. It's a tie between this one and a (rather dark) rendition from Moriarty's view, but I can't choose which one is better. This was riveting. Sucked me right in and blew me away. Dude. Fullfilled my sick "what was going through Sherlock's mind?" fascination from when I rewound the movie about eight times in a row to watch that scene. (Then I realized how creepy that was and stopped. For about five minutes. (-: ) I would say it rendered me speechless, but that isn't really how my mind works. It's more swirling with snippets of thought about how you OWNED this scene. I just had to come back and review. (I already favorited it, but realized it only had five reviews-and that the last you recieved held nothing but crticism: yeah, I read other people's reviews...weird.- so I had to throw my two bits in.) TL;DR: LOVED IT WITH A BURNING PASSION.
cliffsofmoher11 chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Hmm. This was ok, but your many spelling and word choice errors kept pulling me out of the story. If English is not your first language, then this is a good and actually impressive job. If English IS your first language, you have no excuse. Holmes, for instance, doesn't say "A world for all." That doesn't even make any sense! He says "A world war." Also, you need to use more appropriate words to fit this very dramatic situation. A man hanging on a hook is not thinking "blearily.". That's a word for when he's had a few too many beers. How does "agony" suddenly become just a "dull ache"? Re-think and rewrite with better word choices (think hard about the drama of it) and this piece will be much better. (Also, "The Trout" is the name of the song and should be in quotes and caps. And, yes, Schubert with a "c.")
charliebrown1234 chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Aaaahh! I got chills! Is this going to be continued? Please tell me it is...

charliebrown1234
StarksViolet chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
I really loved the language you used in this piece, very in character and you've fit the inner monologue in very well!

The only think I wanted to ask was; didn't he say 'world war'? in the scene where you've written:

" Holmes breathed out with a shake of his head, "A world for all." "

I know it's pedantic, but I believe truly fantastic writing deserves honest truth in its reviews and comments, so here it is haha! There was nothing else to pick but that little line there :)

Well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Schubert with "sch" instead of "sh" google it ;-)
WritingWolf14 chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
OMG! This is an amazing short story! I think you should make more!