Reviews for Building a New Life
Happys Hitwoman chapter 7 . 11/9/2012
A thousand and ten apologies for my tardiness. Was in FL visiting my parents when Storm Sandy was beginning before heading up north, my flight home was cancelled for two days, I got back to mail, work, etc. but at least hubby took care of the cleanup outside. What a mess!

Anyway, I so enjoyed this AU-look into 'what could've been'. Again, I am a girnomous fan of any writer who can fashion original plots, characters and business rather than just reprocess what happens in every episode. Its almost as if they're the 'missing scenes' (or entire season!) and gives us fans a glimpse into different areas of their lives which Sutter can't seem to get a grip on because he's too busy sticking his wife in every other damn scene!

Okay, must calm down. When I read the first chapter of this story, I admit I was like, "Milla...Chibs...huh?", but you made it work. You created a believable reason behind the pairing by having Juice's demise and disgraced memory be the catalyst, though you effectively showed Milla not getting over him and jump in with Chibs THAT easily.

And this final chapter explains the beginning with an older Espy and the birth of Maeve and, of course, little Filip! You really maneuvered these two through all the obstacles they faced - finally allowing Milla to disassociate herself with anything remotely related to Clay and Juice.

Thank you so much for an interesting and inventive story that took us deeper within the layers of these individuals and brought out different sides to them.
eleonora chapter 7 . 10/23/2012
it took me awhile to accept the fact that Milla had another man, but your story was really well written i was excited and moved...great job!
otte1978 chapter 7 . 10/21/2012
Very good! Really like how they were both able to move on & find happiness!
HermioneandMarcus chapter 6 . 10/15/2012
Happys Hitwoman chapter 6 . 10/15/2012
You take us through a heartwarming journey through time, touching upon their relationship as they go about their day to day lives and infuse it with bittersweet moments. Chibs' admission of Juice's infidelity at the very end was really the final nail in the coffin for Milla. If there was one good thing she was able to cling to in his memory was that, but what Chibs meant as an eye opener to Milla backfired - just putting a slight wedge of cruelty between them.

The first pregnancy, asking Fi for a divorce, followed by a miscarriage was a heartbreaking stream, but perhaps, in some strange way, losing that baby provided a second chance for them to do it right. At first, I thought Chibs was proposing just because she was pregnant - instead of true want. What it did serve was to light a fire under his behind to get a divorce from Fi and, two years later, Mauve comes along - into a marriage and family that is solidified and more stable than they were two years ago.

Looking forward to the wrap-up. It's been quite an interesting 'what if?' look into this situation and, again, I so much appreciate and admire an author's ability to take the canon characters and backgrounds and weave original storylines. It's almost like experiencing some lost episodes/seasons of SOA. What the show fails to deliver to me (and I do have my issues with the show) I can make up for in FF from my favorite writers who know how to deliver the drama. Thanks so much!
Markay81 chapter 6 . 10/15/2012
I have loved this. Sad to see it end.
eleonora chapter 6 . 10/15/2012
chapter very sweet, they are now a complete family!
otte1978 chapter 6 . 10/15/2012
So many ups & downs, but glad to see the happiness at the end! Really like this story & sad to see it coming to an end. Great job though!
Lady Ramona chapter 5 . 10/13/2012
Thank you as always, well told, most enjoyable!
eleonora chapter 5 . 10/9/2012
Wow!
Superdani4Ever chapter 5 . 10/9/2012
Awwww super cute!loved it
otte1978 chapter 5 . 10/9/2012
Really like the slow build up, but glad to see they are finally here! Update again soon!
eleonora chapter 4 . 10/8/2012
Wow great Job!
Happys Hitwoman chapter 4 . 10/8/2012
This story still continues to astound me. The contrast to the destruction of Juice & Milla’s marriage and ‘rebuild’ with Chibs is a brilliant contrast to the destruction of the club and Chibs trying to ‘rebuild’ it with the remaining and transferred members. Loved the glimpse of flashback as to what had happened. Gemma, Jax, Clay, Juice, Opie, Bobby – all succumbing, leaving only Chibs, Hap and Phil (what about Tig?) as the remaining members and strengthening their numbers with V-Lin, Lucky, Rat and Bully (from Tacoma).

Major kudos to how you keep it real with how the women regard and respect their men and position. The scene where Milla ask’s Chibs to ask Hap to black out her crow was proof of this. Milla is now, on paper, Chibs’ old lady – the new president’s old lady – meaning she’s now ‘the queen’, yet this is where she isn’t her mother just going off and doing her own thing and not following protocol, but rather goes to her old man to get permission for another man (Hap) to touch her (even if it’s just to be inked). THAT show’s, within her grief, Milla still has respect for the ‘chain of command’. Nice, nice touch there.

The pace is absolutely perfect. I want them together, but then not too soon. I haven’t anticipated a new chapter of a story showing up in my inbox in a LONG time (Verda, where are you?) and this one has me shooting off to read it as soon as I get it no matter where I am. The original take on everything is what makes this story so fresh, exciting and interesting. And dammit you’re getting me on a serious Chibs kick
CL28 chapter 4 . 10/7/2012
So I'll admit I was completely confused when I saw 'Esperanza Telford' at the start of the first chapter! I wasn't entirely sure how a Milla and anyone-other-than-Juice pairing was going to work but I'm really enjoying this AU-exploration. I'm interested by the idea of Chibs being the 'Horatio' of SOA (I had seen another suggestion that it might be Tara), and the prospect of the remaining members having to band together and fight to revive the club is definitely worth exploring.

The way Milla and Chibs are slowly getting used to their situation and gradually drawing closer together is fascinating and really satisfying to read. I appreciate that you're taking the time to allow their relationship to develop and to draw Chibs into 'family' life with the kids first before taking the next step between him and Milla. You're also clear about the realities of the MC life for Old Ladies in this situation, something which is often overlooked in fics so thank you for including them.

Brilliantly written as always, can't wait to see the next step along the way