Reviews for The Worst Has Come
PurpleYin chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Really good one shot here.
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
A very powerful start, painting the dark colors of their pain and fear for Etta, and their own insecurities across the canvas of this new world. You do it so well, and there are details that just crystalize how you understand them:

"Olivia reacts explosively in the way he knew she would and there's a part of him that's perversely glad he's gotten a reaction out of her."

"Peter can see the knife twisting in her, his words cutting deep to their full effect but he's too angry to be sorry. He's been stoic and bottling everything up for too long and Olivia's bearing the brunt of it and he's going to hate himself later for doing this to her."

"He notices how Olivia subtly twists away from him when he gets into their bed that night (neither of them sleeps much, but they keep up the pretence of normality) but he takes the hurt her action incurs without protest. He can't seem to protect anything he loves anymore; his child, his marriage."

The atmosphere conveys how they've been forced to hide everything away for the sake of their child, and for everyone else but themselves. They've been going on automated actions for so long that they don't know how to act normally, and this fear and pain has finally reached critical mass. You understand this, and you convey this extremely well to your readers.

Well done. I await part two.

CP7
cristina chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
thanks for posting this since i'm not sure what we would see about the separation between them! so this helps me fill the blanks until the real thing airs ! amazing job
Dixiegirl256 chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Oh, I think this is exactly what happened. Well done!
Fringefan78 chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
Great story, I look forward to reading more.
roj chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
This is really well-written! Thanks for posting it!