Reviews for Choosing a Match
RemisGrl chapter 1 . 9/21
Absolutely loved it! Completely nothing like any other marriage law stories, I'm so glad that I stumbled upon it. Thank you and your muses!
RemisGrl chapter 28 . 9/20
Balling!
aygeraa chapter 38 . 9/2
Oh well. How should I start. In the beginning I thought (foolishly tho) that this is just any other marriage fic where Hermione and Draco are forced to be together and blah blah blah. However, it started with so many suitors/dates/organized courtship program and etc and I thought well okay so is it it? I mean she dates she chooses everyone loves her (so to speak) - I was not impressed and was starting arguing with whom she will end up and who is the best choice (not even realizing that story actually already consumed me and all). And I was so agains Kiril at some point I don't even know why. And when you "killed" him I thought wow this is real. I mean I totally liked that you wrote about life. You wrote about Draco's Blaize's Theo's Daphne's Harry's everyone's predicament and life development.
I mean it felt real and natural. It wasn't sunshine and rainbows it wasn't some crazy adventures, terrific coincidence or some sort. No. It was life. And I liked the Hermione's development. Yes she suffered a lot. Who didn't tho, but she got very tough life situations. I feel like if you are given a lot (intellegence,beauty,friends,health) life has to teach you some nasty lessons through pain and loss. And in the end if you still managed not only to remain beautiful person (I mean inner beauty) and even become better, wiser, more balanced and tranquil - it will reward you. In a way you need. Not want, but need.

Probably I'm blabbering and don't make sense (typing this at 4 am since I just finished) but I just wanted to say thank for keeping me wondering till the end and for making it so much sense in terms of life and its drama.
Thank you!
xXLarxPhobiaXx chapter 38 . 7/26
Just thinking about Hermione losing Kiril makes me cry. It was like all my heartache was leaking from my eyes. The tears just rolled down my face. He was who I wanted her to pick, he was the best partner for her. As happy for her as I was in the end, it was still so heartbreaking. They were as close to perfect as a couple could get, then he was gone. My husband and I were apart for part of my pregnancy with my second child. I remember how devastated I was and he had not died. I can understand where she was in taking care of herself just for the sake of her child. I cannot imagine having to face every day following without the one I love. She is stronger than most. I love that Liriks name is an anagram of her father's. She is a good blend of both of her parents. In truth, I was equally rooting for a boy, one who looked just like Kiril. When she ended up with Lan I was happy she was slowly healing. I was glad they parted on good terms, her heart had been given time. I was not expecting Oli though. I can understand how they fit at that point in her life though. She needed to be free, to laugh, to have joy in her life. All in all, I loved the story it was beautifully written. I also loved that you didn't mark a pairing, it was a mystery.
Bella Luna 92 chapter 38 . 7/15
I read the whole thing in a couple of days and I must say: a-m-a-z-i-n-g. There were a few grammatical errors that bothered me (mostly relating to the difference between "to" and "too") but nothing so bad as to distract from the story.
I love the way you had so many connections between different characters and how you wrote each person differently, yet believably. This story might have had the most complicated web of relationships between people that I've ever read, yet it was one of the easiest to follow.

Thank you for writing such a beautiful story.
lexicon63738 chapter 38 . 5/21/2016
Wow definitely a rollarcoaster, this was so awesomely amazing! Cant wait to read more from you
Guest chapter 38 . 2/29/2016
You got me to ship two OCs. I don't even usually read fics with OCs. You're friggin' awesome.
clumsydolphin chapter 29 . 1/10/2016
I am utterly bawling my broken heart out!
sharina.lukofnak chapter 38 . 1/6/2016
loved it
Honestly don't you two read chapter 38 . 11/11/2015
This is my second reading of your story, I simply love it. It is one of the best, if not the best marriage law fics I have ever read, it made my frown in anger, laugh, cry (real tears running down my cheeks), and so many other emotions. Poor Hermione, life is not easy, or simple, it takes a lot go find the right man, and thank you for pointing this out and having the courage to move away from the norm. I am happy Hermione ended up happy, and you kept her strong :-)
More people should read this!
Good job!
kajjjann chapter 37 . 6/3/2015
I just finished the story. Again. This is my fourth time reading it, and I still cry, laugh and feel just as hard as I did the first time. You are amazing, and this story will always stay in my heart!
(P.S. This comment is on the second to last chapter as I was not allowed to leave more than one on the last chapter)

/kajjjann
Feenrai chapter 38 . 3/30/2015
Wow. I just...wow.

Great chapter, great ending just...wow, blew me away really. Surprises all along the road, but I'm happy with what you've done with the piece. I think it's so true that people change quite a bit and while maybe not compatible at one point in their life, may become compatible later. I love that of all the types of male leads in this story she ends up with one of the seemingly least matching people. That's great, and as always, quite realistic. I really love how you gave this ending in kind of summary form. You tied up all the lose ends, which was really nice. Your reality is probably my favorite thing about your writing...or one of the favorite things. I know I always mention it, but I can't help him. Having Ron and Amalie's first child miscarriage, for instance. Hard and sad to write, but you can't have everyone unrealistically have perfect lives. Things like that happen. For that one in particular, I have quite a few friends who struggle with infertility and miscarriages, and they always say the the hardest part is feeling like there's no one they can talk to, like they have to hide it, like they're alone. And part of this is because people only talk about the succesful pregnancies ,and they cover up the ones that don't reach term...so I actually liked this dose of sad realism in particular because I think if people were more generally aware of things, both good and bad, other people wouldn't have to feel alone when they suffer them.

That's just an aside though, but the point is you constantly do things like this that get me thinking. Your stories make me think. They promote good morals, and strength, and perseverance...they, and this story in particular, give me hope and food for thought. Some things I read and promptly forget. They fill a need for reading and little else. But other stories actually carry themes and "lessons" if you will, and those are the stories I find myself thinking back to. Like Pride and Prejudice and the themes thereon. Like Lord of the Rings, and honor, justice, good versus evil, friendship and perseverance. Like Harry Potter and good prevailing in the end, things not always being as they seem, and strength in friendship. With your writing, I find myself thinking about healthy love and love for oneself, strength and independence, and never giving up.

I really enjoyed this story, not just for the duration of reading it, but the thoughts and ideas it makes me think about during and after reading it. I like seeing stories like this that are good models of real life and don't add to the already overflowing market of stories that raise expectations for unrealistic things, especially in love. This story is true, and shows that the reality of love is not only just as beautiful and wonderful, but more so.

I just read your ending statement (I reviewed first while my thoughts were fresh in my head), and I have to say I agree wholeheartedly. I love that you showed that some relationships weren't all about her, and they paired off on their own, and with others there was passion and spark, but not enough for a full relationship. With Landren they were even together several years before realizing it wasn't meant to be. All of this is along the lines of what I was saying before about realistic expectations of love. As you say, not every love is "the" love. You can like or even love a person but not be right to live with them forever. You can find love, lose it, and find it again. All of these things give hope, especially to the broken hearted. When you're suffering the loss of love, reading stories about characters who magically find their soul mate easily and instantly doesn't help, it makes you think, "Well what's wrong with me?!" But your stories give hope, because people can read it and say, "I'm not alone in my pain, and this doesn't have to be end. I can be strong on my own, and I can find love again." And that is a beautiful message to send.

Thank you for this story!
Feenrai chapter 37 . 3/29/2015
Yay! What a huge chapter! It was a really good one though:) I love the description of how life went with baby Lirik, it seem so happy and full of support. It's especially cute that Lirik needed the sound of dragons!

I was sad when Landren left, so I ended up being happy when Hermione and Charlie did not work out after all. I'm glad she went back to Landren! :D
Feenrai chapter 36 . 3/29/2015
Another wonderful chapter! I really liked learning more about the elves, and I was also glad to know which other guys were affecting her with their pheromones. I'm happy that I was wrong with my guess a few chapters back that she would end up with Draco. You always manage to surprise me, and that's something I really appreciate in your writing. You avoid the cliche, and you have great foreshadowing without giving everything away. You manage to write with great mystery, but still make everything line up at the end in a way that shows it was intended all along.

Perhaps it's Charlie she'll end up with.

Perhaps it's the elf.

Perhaps it'll be no one...

With your writing I can really never know until it happens, and that just makes me all the more eager to hit the "Next" and find out!
Feenrai chapter 35 . 3/29/2015
Hmmm, maybe she'll end up with Charlie and not Draco after all;)

I think this was one of my favorite chapters of the story. Hard to say why, but I just really enjoyed it all around. It made me tear up twice nearer the beginning, but it also made me smile, chuckle, and filled me with peace at other points.

I was especially glad to hear from Iliyra and hear that she is doing well. I'm glad Keo's people finally approved their bond, and that Iliyra has Keo's support while she struggles to adjust to her impairments and grieve for her twin.

I find the elf very interesting in what he can do to help her, and surprisingly enjoyed that little scene (surprising because as I've said in the past, I'm not generally a fan of those types of scenes).

This story is definitely miles away from where I might have ever guessed it would go. You have masterfully taken an often used theme like a marriage fic, and turned it on its head into something completely your own and unique. I really am loving it! I'm sad that it's almost over, but also excited to see what else you have _ I hope your muse hasn't died and that you're still continuing to work on writing, because you truly have a talent for it!