Reviews for The Heart Of The Matter
JadedOne47 chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
Awwwww I loved it. Huge grin here.
kncrowder88 chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
I love this.
ArgyleTrekkie chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
Now this is a fun take on the "turbolift" style story! Thanks for posting it!
JamieRobs chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
What a great take on the "turbo lift story". So well done and perfectly them! I have to say that I really like Admiral Marshall Stark as an original character, because he is who I imagine Kathryn would choose if she didn't, of course, belong with Chakotay. I loved his character in "One Single Step" also. Too often people pair her with someone cringe worthy in a post endgame, which, to me, would be out of character for her. The fact that he is likeable, smart, attractive and accomplished makes it more authentic, because we don't have to hate him, nor does he need to do anything wrong for us to know that ultimately she loves Chakotay. But, I digress, this remark probably belonged in my review of "One Single Step.

Anyway, I love the complexity of both your storys, they are so well woven and well written! Anymore coming? I hope so!
Rascal207 chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
I've spent the last 3 nights reading your stories, and this is such a perfect take on a J/C! I love the way you write them, now the only problem I have is I want to read more stories by you.
3Down1Up chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
I've read this story many times, so it's time I added a comment - I think this is one of the best J/C post Endgame stories. It's realistic and fantastic and captures their pain and transition from DQ to AQ so well. You did a great job on this! Hope to read more!
faerirose1 chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
This was a really neat and unique take on the lift/elevator "genre." My experience with those is 'enter lift, stuck in lift, sexy time.' I liked the idea of the scenes being in different elevators. The concept would make a really awesome one-act play (if it isn't already).
Toad chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
All I can say is "Wow"
I'm stunned.
Hazmatt chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Amazing story! I really enjoyed it! I'm glad that everything worked out!
KJaneway115 chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Oh this is great. What a creative take on the "obligatory turbo lift story". You had some really heartbreaking moments in there - when the two couples run into each other, when Chakotay leaves the turbo lift in the first scene. But through it all, through all the confusion and the heartbreak, the "heart of the matter" is so clear. Really beautifully written. Thank you for posting.
Scousedancer chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
When I read this story, I didn't know whether I'd end up laughing or crying -I did both. You are a very talented writer & I wish there was a sequel to this story, I wish I knew what happened next!
Kerry J chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
I'm a sucker for Endgame fixers, I really am. And I love stories where Chakotay's insanely jealous because Kathryn's seeing somewhen even when he himself is still with Seven. So your story ticked all the right boxes.

But in addition to that, it was a great read, very well written. I loved that practically every single conversation took place in a turbolift and how the story was moved along through them. I laughed at Phoebe's not so subtle attempt to leave them alone, couldn't really hate Stark and even felt a bit sorry for Seven. And of course at the end I was sighing like a madwoman.

Wonderful, it's going right into my favourites!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
oh my gosh I love it, it's brilliant!
Mary S chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
What a delightful story! I really like the whole idea of using turbolifts as the setting although I kept waiting one to stall... Thank goodness Chakotay took the bull by the horns at the end or they would dance around each other indefinitely.

Great fun. Thanks for sharing.
SusanC chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
What a beautifully written story. You've captured so many aspects of their relationship and estrangement-in a turbolift no less. I was hanging on every word and gesture. So glad you did not trap them in the turbolift to get to the right conclusion.