Reviews for Pretence
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
When I discovered Damian Lewis in Homeland, I went looking for this show because I had remembered it. I found it on iTunes and bought it. I LOVED this show and hated that it got cancelled especially when there was potential Dani/Charlie romance. I then went looking for fanfic and found your story.

I love this tag you created for the show and that episode. It's exactly what I had hoped could have happened.

Enjoy the read completely.

Fave part:

When Charlie offered himself over in exchange for her, she felt like her whole world was shattering. She couldn't recall if she displayed that emotion on the outside or not, but she could remember feeling numb inside, and wanting more than anything for Charlie to walk away and be safe.

She remembered reaching out for his hand, and her heart very nearly stopping when she didn't reach him. And she remembered that was the moment when she just couldn't pretend at all. She knew nothing was going to turn out okay. Nothing at all.

But she still clung on to that little piece of hope. Because if she didn't have hope, what did she have?

And when she saw Charlie come out of that van alive, she felt happier then she ever had before. And when she hugged him close, she knew that she didn't have to pretend anymore. Because everything was okay.
AerynsFallen chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
This is really good! I loved it! Thanks! :)
HannahbananaJane chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
I just found this show. I've got five episodes left in the second season, but I couldn't help but coming to check out the fanfiction. This is the first story I've read for Life and it's really good.
I believe that Reese wears a mask. She acts indifferent or annoyed a lot, but that's pretty much it.
Since the first episode, I've shipped Reese/Crews. I really hope you continue to write Life fanfiction, especially for Reese/Crews!
HannahbananaJane:)
eelguera chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Nice to see from Dani's point of view. More lease ( from Charlie's point of view maybe?)
NeverMessWithTeddyBears chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
May I just say that I simply adored this and that it would've been a shame if it were unpublished. Thank you for this great piece!