Reviews for Coda
BabalooBlue chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
Beautiful! I felt a bit tense at the time when Roz and Sarah made him that robe and it jarred slightly with me. I can't say it was unresolved for me but this piece now was a great conclusion. I hadn't made the connection to the piano at the time but it's obvious to me now.
slashfan54 chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
I loved this.
SF
Guest chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Sweet. The robe itself was a beautiful idea, handmade by Sarah and Roz, but I thought at the time it was a step too far for them to take his old robe and cut it up without asking him, even given the great symbolism of the mixed parts. I think if they had presented a new robe handmade by them, his old one still there intact (at least as intact as it was), him choosing which he "lived in" without pressure, that he would have graduated into the new and the future and put the past into a drawer faster than they might think, maybe still with occasional nights in the past, but more forward. Thus is life. But they didn't give him that choice; they imposed it upon him.

I hadn't matched that with the piano, but I do see the similarity now. He was doing the same thing, trying to bring the best of the old life to their new, and made similar going a step too far mistakes in sneaking it in, though not to the extent they did. Nice seeing them face this together, and both grown enough in their relationship that it can be faced, dealt with, then move on together, no big deal, just an "ember" stamped out. Scene never could have happened back then, but it's right for them now. They've grown.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
I like it! Love the idea of House composing for Roz. I did wonder at first when he started telling her about the other one for "she who shall not be named" what he was doing bringing that up, but then I realized it's actually a compliment in backhanded Housian fashion, which I think Roz realized ultimately. He lets Roz know that Cuddy never even got her piece nor knew about it, unlike Roz, who is being presented hers now. Message clearly that Roz is above past others, on a level of intimacy and sharing of his life that no one else has ever reached.

I also had to grin at the humor when she offered to simply cut the robe back up and House's response.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Nice chapter :) I like BTS bits like this that go with main stories :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Very nice, it is always nice to spend some time with Greg and Roz. Thanks!
MissBates chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
It's interesting that quite a few readers had the same 'wince' reaction that I did when I read about Roz and Sarah cutting up House's old bathrobe. The comparison to the piano incident is probably begging to be made: in both cases there was an encroachment on the other's personal space that may have been well-meant, but would perhaps have better been discussed first. It's fitting that the conflict is resolved where it started - at the piano.
N. Gregory chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Thank you so much for this outstanding story. I always love the background stories on House.

The two of you are the only fanfic writers that I read and reread every day. The others just don't have the talent although HarpoMarx with her/his "Inquiry" story is getting there.

Thanks again for all your consistently fine work. I read your stories on my morning and afternoon break and they make my workday worthwhile.
glenlivet19 chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
OH, that was lovely! How wonderful to revisit this conflict and get it out in the open. Wonderful job! Thank you for sharing this, InTheHouse.
In the House chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Thank you again, Brighid, for giving me permission to borrow them briefly to get that piano scene out of my head, and I'm honored that you chose to share it. And thank you to those who have taken the time to read this little one-shot. I'm glad most of you enjoyed it, although I do definitely agree that it is near impossible to completely match somebody else's style.
clp66 chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
I love this little interlude. In the House is such a good writer; I love her Pranks series. She captured the style of your stories perfectly. This wasting, thanks for publishing. Im looking forward to your new story next week.
harpomarx chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Oh, my God! I love this. The style, the emotion are so intertwined with Brigid's writing and approach to things that I never would have known someone else wrote it if I hadn't been told beforehand.

I love the way they are both coming to terms with the change that life brings, that relationships bring, and they both did things with the best of intentions that caused ripples, but ripples that never turned into waves - just ripples that smoothed off some of their rough edges and brought them closer as a result.

Beautiful job. Just beautiful.

-harp
HOUSEocdfan chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Wow! Beautiful! so glad we got the chance to read it - thank you x
HughIsMagic chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
I see the intention here, it's a good one, but I feel also a significant change of character on Greg & Roz. There's the emotion beyond the words, but less silences and humor or even sharp jokes. They seem to talk a lot, explain with each other more than usual, and this takes a little magic that characterizes their relationship in YOUR story. I'm sorry all this criticism, but the idea was good, only that it doesn't have the right thickness, for me.
hilandmum chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
The metaphor of the song at the end really summed up how far they've come in the adjustment process that two people, set in their ways, have to go through when they decide to start a new life together.

Please tell ItH how much I loved this story.

Mum