Reviews for Season of the Soul Harvester
Cimamango chapter 12 . 5/2
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards: April 2016

This was a really imaginative story that kept me engaged and interested all the way through. I felt that Sam and Dean were in character throughout and I did enjoy the humorous touches. Although, I think there was a bit of a downside to the humour in that some parts weren't very scary as a result, whereas this story is classed as a horror & that was what I was expecting. Overall though, a very enjoyable read- thanks so much for writing.
BlackIceWitch chapter 12 . 2/20
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards : February 2016

A clear, linear case fic that lost much of its potential for horror and tension through the character’s non-existent or inappropriate reactions and responses. Characterisation was recognisable, if exaggerated, with more attention paid to snappy dialogue than to actual characteristics. Tension doesn’t survive well in the face of humour. That’s the main reason a character might quip about something at the end or in the middle of an especially tense scene, to allow the reader a breather and/or to mask the anticipated tension to come. Using light-hearted approaches to characters in tense situations can remove reader tension as the reader takes their cues from the characters in responding to scenes. When the characters are not taking a situation seriously, the reader cannot either.

Even with the most straightforward of action stories, there is a compelling case to be made for giving depth to the characters in revealing their thoughts and emotions through their own viewpoint. It creates a connection to the reader, both in empathy and in terms of being able to live the story with the characters that a more remote point of view does not allow. The show itself, in the first four seasons, gave the audience a wealth of scenes showing the characters’ reactions and giving them dialogue to voice their thoughts about the events that were occurring. Without those scenes, getting to know the character would take longer and it is more difficult for the audience to care about them.

The creature and lore surrounding it were interesting and the story has a great potential.
SPNReadingManiac chapter 12 . 2/18
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review : February 2016

A straightforward story, told clearly and very simply. The case utilised canon elements in a typical way, with no surprises. Characterisation was clear and according to canon also, without depth or insight, relying on reader knowledge to furnish detail of emotional impact and relationships. It was mainly due to the lack of impact on the characters about the case, and the larger events surrounding this time period, that the story lacked tension.
Love pies chapter 12 . 10/7/2015
Hello, my favourite author:)
I like your fanfics so much! Thank you very much!
All your stories are so interesting! They're full of action! The atmosphere is great, I love your Winchesters. And I like your jokes endlessly, I often remember that one about Jack O'Lanterns whose teeth Dean was going to clean :)
Well, I want to ask you something. Would you mind terribly if I translate this fic into Russian language and publish it on Ficbook? I will state everywhere that I am just a translator and you are the author of the fic!
For me, you're the best author, wriring in English. I hope you'll answer me! Please write me back as soon as you can.
Thank you once again for your wonderful work! Write more great fanfics!
Lida
Sari Dark chapter 10 . 11/10/2014
For a second there I actually thought that you had killed off Sam!
Great writing!
ncsupnatfan chapter 12 . 2/18/2014
Good one, I have to say you have captured the guys in your writing. Interesting story line, like the monster. Can't wait to read the rest of them

NC
LilyBolt chapter 12 . 3/30/2013
Another excellent story! Seriously, have you considered trying to write for the show? You seem to have a knack for making the reader feel like they are reading an episode... :D (At least, I got that feeling while reading this and your other story "Death Wish"...) Keep up the amazing work!
AlElizabeth chapter 12 . 3/15/2013
Good fanfic! I liked the Halloween theme- even though I'm reading this in the middle of March! I'll definitely read your Weechester fic too!
Thanks for writing!
AlElizabeth chapter 8 . 3/15/2013
Oh no! Sammy! This isn't good. Wanna read more right now but I have to go to work :(
AlElizabeth chapter 5 . 3/15/2013
Well, at least Dean didn't get mauled to death or slip into a coma, that's good. Ha ha Agent Hetfield. I'll read the next chapter right away!
AlElizabeth chapter 4 . 3/15/2013
Oh no! Hopefully Dean's gonna come out of this okay. If he doesn't, at least Sam knows where to go looking for him. Although Dean doesn't really see like a jerk- not usually, anyway, not like the other victims- we still don't know why some people are in comas. Maybe Sam will end up having to figure this case out on his own if Dean succumbs to this enemy. Like the cliffhanger ending to the chapter!
AlElizabeth chapter 3 . 3/15/2013
Who am I to deny Dean more peanut M&Ms (LOL) Poor Jill. Whoever's causing these murders and strange coma-like states is really creepy. This is getting really interesting! Can't wait to read more!
AlElizabeth chapter 2 . 3/15/2013
Good chapter. Wonder why a couple of the victims were a-holes. We'll probably find out later, won't we? Love 'Fade to Black' - it's one of my favourite Metallica songs! Hopefully the boys find out something soon that'll help them with this case.
AlElizabeth chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
Uh oh... this doesn't look good. I like the no-Sam-and-Dean 'cause it makes it more like an actual episode of Supernatural- like the beginning part where we get to see the initial victims or whatever. Can't wait to see what happens next! Wonder what's going on... hehehe.
CoffeeManiac chapter 12 . 11/6/2012
Another enjoyable story. Your plot was interesting and you capture the boys relationship without getting bogged down in sentimentality. Thanks for the fun read.