Reviews for Kindred Spirits and Second Chances
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
That was really good! I'd never read the pairing before, but you wrote it so that it just sort of made sense all of a sudden. Really nice job.
SunnyStorms chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Sorry for the delay! I'm finally getting around to finishing up my reviews for the exchange (for the stories that are posted anyway-I wonder where the other authors are?).

As always, I loved your characterizations. It was especially nice seeing Charlie more fleshed out than he got to be in the book, and I absolutely loved your take on him. I also liked the way you tied his personality and outlook as a dragon tamer with why Draco would be interested in him. This makes for a more believable, realistic setup should something more happen between them down the line, which I definitely always enjoy when I see it in a fic. And I must admit the DG fangirl in me was amused by the nod you gave to Ginny in the story. :D
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
So when I first read this, I thought it was you. I didn't think that the other judges would've had such a handle on snarky!Draco as you do. But reading a CharlieDraco from you? Even more impressive, since you are almost strickly DracoGinny.

As we were talking about, I do think that CharlieDraco came so easily to you because there are stricking similiarities to Ginny in Charlie. But there's also differences as well and you played on them nicely.

While my slash goggles were necessary (they don't come off anymore. I swear, I've tried!), the preslash type of interaction was very, very lovely. Though, I will be honest, I did see a little bit of DracoGinny in here as well. But again, it was still nicely done.

I can absolutely see Charlie apologizing for something that Ginny did. I think that it's just the way he is - too kind for his own good most of the time. And I like the fact Charlie calls Ginny "Ginbug", but I can't, for the life of me, tell you why.

You described Charlie exactly how I see him with this one line: "He was the dragon tamer, the one who'd made his own life and his own choices and his own destiny by going with his heart and his instinct and not letting anyone else tell him what to do."

"Because looking at you is like looking into a mirror." - I love you for putting this in here at all. It's a rather interesting choice to add and it definitely adds something to the story overall, since most don't think they have anything in common. But you, you saw similiarities in them and drew from that. And I will admit, I was rather confused about this sentence at first (much like Draco), but I read it a second and third time and drew my own conclusion.

And I really like how you start with sentences from the summary and end it with, but with something added. I love with an author does that.

Overall, Cherry, I think you did an amazing job with it. And if I didn't know you almost strickly DracoGinny, I would've thought you wrote slash (or preslash) more often. It was wonderfully and beautifully written. :D
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Oh, Cherry, this /was/ you! I thought it might be – and honestly, that just makes it even more impressive to me, because I know you're almost exclusively a Draco/Ginny writer! And no worries – my slash goggles are high-res :D

And this is… beyond expectations. I love this. So very, very much. It’s perfect /them/, with self-deprecating Draco and Charlie who just doesn’t care about the past. It’s beautiful.

THIS: “He was the dragon tamer, the one who'd made his own life and his own choices and his own destiny by going with his heart and his instinct and not letting anyone else tell him what to do.” I absolutely freaking love that description of Charlie. Beyond words.

Snarky!Draco was fantastic :D

I really love the repetition of the summary line, also – and the way it’s /almost/ the same at the end, but not quite.

Overall, just plain fantastic. I'm so incredibly happy to have received a fic as amazing as this.