Reviews for Caught In a Riot
hm chapter 1 . 8/23
Next time, you should try to show the inmate's plans with dialogue as they start the riot. That way, yiu can also describe the inmates physical characteristics and motivations without telling readers everything. This lets a story develop. Also, please keep in mind that most prisoners are guilty of the crimes for which they are incarcerated and are not victims and most guards are hard working people who are protecting us. Yes, there are exceptions, but prison is not actually like "Orange Is The New Black." In real prison, a lot of inmates are stinky and mentally ill, not pretty, little blondes who look fab in jumpsuits. Most, not all guards care about their fellow human beings so it's tiresome when television stereotypes prevail. It is a thankless, sometimes hellish job where a guard cares and applies for an inmate to have psychiatric care but is ignored. I don't want to go on about that, but prison isn't like on tv at all, even the new "reality" prison show is scripted and false and sadly, people are buying into it. Anyway, your ideas are unique and you should be proud but again, let the story develop without telling background stuff by letting the characters tell it and please remember, most guards are good. Thank you for writung.
la-hija-de-Dios chapter 1 . 11/3/2015
I can see it now. Chet'll ask, "So, how'd your call go?" and the two will look at each other an shrug, then say simultaneously, "It was a riot."
Mary Lou chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
Well, there was a happy ending after all, despite some men getting killed. I liked that Bull wanted to make something out of his life and was actively pursuing this goal. Maybe he will be an inspiration to some of the other inmates to try and improve their lives. Despite a number of grammatical errors, I enjoyed your story.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Good story, I really enjoyed it!
kristleap chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Enjoyed the story. It was just like Johnny to treat everyone and treat them the same. You could feel his concern for his partner. I liked the way you portrayed the inmates. Some of them being mean and unreasonable but others being reasonable and even helpful. The riot and Roy's injury forced Johnny to step up and take charge. He really stepped up when he had to. Of course he had to regale everyone with his stories. Thanks again for the story. Looking forward to the next one.
NickTonyK chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Great story!
A Lee En chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Good job. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Rijiban Kwe chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
I enjoyed this very much; I dont think I've read an E! adventure about a prison riot before. Nice job!
susan chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
glad the story had a good ending
. I would like to see bullett working with the doc in the hospital's infirmary helping others.
please keep writing
Guest chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Cool story, love the last part "nice story" sounds like a Johnny move!
sandybeliever chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
I don't deserve the thanks - this was all you and it is a great adventure.