Reviews for Insane
Evilkitten3 chapter 1 . 11/20/2014
In fairness to Nagato, while he DOES call himself a god, he means it in the Shinto idea of 'god'. He does not believe that he is completely invincible.
Twigon chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
Actually, I think Sasori isn't quite as insane as some of them. If you take the sociopathy as the norm- which really, it is in the ninja world- then he simply considered immortality more important than sex. Would you sacrifice the ability/need to eat in order to have shelter whenever you wanted it? Would you get rid of your sense of hearing in order to make your eyes better than an eagle's, or vice versa? He did go to some large extremes, but the concept of not dying due to age or disease and having extreme insurance against accidents and other such things to the point where it would take a shit-ton of bad luck or someone out-right trying to kill you?

Almost everyone above the age of 21 would have to think about it. The older you get, the more and more people would say yes.

Now, you can argue that Sasori was still young when he did this, and that's a good point. All it would take, however, is a chemical imbalance, extreme training, or just plain not getting as many hormones as the next guy.

The whole turning people into puppets- let me repeat, ninja world. I'm not denying that coming up with it is a bit twisted, but he was a puppet prodigy. He had to think of new tricks and ways to advance his 'art' all the time, because a one-trick pony is a dead pony. (Unless you're Naruto, because Clones and Rasengan are hax.) The skill let him get whatever bloodline or major ability he wanted under his control, as long as the body was reasonably intact.

So, in conclusion, Sasori is insane, but not as much as it looks like on the surface.
tsaurn chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
It's really too bad this is a one-shot...
random-k chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
I really like how you deal with the insanity. Most people just gloss over it, and I like how well thought out this is. What bugs me in Naruto is Naruto and ADHD treatment. He is almost a textbook case of it, and yet in fan fiction especially, people believe that raising Naruto in a different environment will change that part of his personality, but not his ramen obsession. Weather its genetic, or comes from being host to the most powerful daemon, does not change the fact that he has trouble in school, or at concentrating. He is in a world of ninjas that don't seem to know much about psychology, and therefore don't know much about alternative methods of learning. I hate how its just glossed over, just like I hate how Itachi mind raped his little brother, and is still (in spite of being part of a crazy organization) considered a hero, where Saskaue is viewed as horrible person. Saskaue's personality did a one eighty after the event, and he never seemed to receive any therapy. How did they think he would turn out? Why is Itachi the hero in the scenario of killing the police force, and traumatizing his little brother? They had as much of a chance of winning the coup as the Natizi's had of winning the war alone.

Sorry I got off track. It is a very accurate portrayal of mental illness, and I like it
WRose chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Alibi Nonsense chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
I like the way she's not hyper (hyper OCs are so boring, and make the plot ridiculous due to blatant disregard for their health (provoking, etc) and lack of abatement when cornered). I also like the fact that she's on medication - don't get me wrong here, I'm not being weird; I just like the fact that it's new and interesting (most stories that are centred around other people's characters (written by good authors) make the OCs as mundane as possible, if they have any, to minimize the chances of sounding all-powerful, but... I dunno, I guess it's the same as when I read stories from the point of view of a blind person: it's a whole different viewpoint, y'know?
goldenlucario1 chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
I agree totally with you. I'm a Akatsuki-fan myself, but seriously, everyone's (except Konan and Kisame) insane. The other fans that don't think like this are just to big of a fan to realize. But then again, a lot of characters in Naruto are insane, I think due to that the most of them are ninjas, like you said. But in the stories it's different, they're fanfics after all and it wouldn't be that fun and good to write. I mean, then the stories would have to be, like yours for example, totally sick. Over time no one would like reading them. If you make the characters more sane then you have more options like romance ( Deidara and whoever). Thx for the story, I bet there are others who think like you, too!
brica chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Cool. I like the idea, though I think being in the mindset that Gender Confusion brought about helped put me into context (had I not just read GC first, I'd have probably been utterly lost reading this, due to the many psychology references). I'd actually like seeing more to this, but I guess it's fine as it is, too.
A Nest of Nargles chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
cute
Ethorin chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
this
this is a wonderful story
that I really would like to see more of, oh wellsies
Insanity Central is always amusing
of course, I talk to myself...
Murasaki Argenteria chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I really like this idea. And personally, I think it'd be awesome if you continued it :3 I'd especially like to see how the Akatsuki felt when they found out that she was insane xD from their point of view, maybe. It's especially interesting how you keep her parents in it as well. Annnd I'm rambling. Shutting up now.
x-Kimiko-x-Saito-x chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
sadfsghjtuhygrferawe why am i still reading fan fiction at 4 am?
anyways, seeing as i have obviously either discovered im an insomniac, or my body hates to follow a normal sleeping cylcle, I would like to inform you that I really like this one shot coughmakeitamultichapterdeal thingycough and find Crystals Schizophrenia to be more believable than other mental deficiencies depicted on the site, mostly because I have watched Beautiful Mind and my friend who worked with a few Schizos this summer told me abit about them. If i saw the Akatsuki in my kitchen, I would just assume I was dreaming, and carry on, as my dreams tend to never make sense anyway. All I worry about now is that they are in Connecticut... and im pretty sure Kisame is messed up in some way, with his sharkness. but i agree that Konan is sane, or as sane as one can be after dealing wit the rest of the Akatsuki.
sorry if the grammar and spelling in this review isn't as good as the other review for GC, my brain quit in the time between the (these?) two. then again, im typing in the dark at 4 am...
TheSecondOtherGuy chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
seralise this!
AviatorsGrandScheme chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
You should turn this into a full-fledged story! No, really.
udntned2no chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
Hi pheonix-chan! I want to start off by saying that this is the second story of yours that i have read, and like usual, im in love. The way you write is so moving, its like reading an actual book! The way you portray the characters is expertly done and mixes well with the story plot.
When i read this, i ended up in tears. The way your character comments on her illness was so heart wrenching! The part that really got me, strangely enough, was when she was talking about the anime and the ending. When she started saying that, for her, the anime came to life for just a moment, i started balwing. Cuz, when i was little, even now, if things get too overwhelming, i turn to anime or books. (My childhood, needless to say, wasnt a pleasent one.) So, i really empathized with that character aspect.
The last paragraph, where she said that they are keeping her alive cuz of her hallucinations, made me want to jump into the computer, hug crystal, and tell her everthing was going to be okay, after murdering some certain s-class criminals. It brought on such a set of strong emotions, that afterwords, i had to reread it to get the full affect.
Personally, my favorite thing about this story, was the way you put crystals POV. It was a simple view on it, like that of a five year old who understands who understands what a book is, but dosent know exactly how to yet read it. Great job! I hop you pursue this story further! But if not, oh well! Its amazing either way!