Reviews for Still My Best Girl
JasmineHoran chapter 4 . 10/20/2013
Write more fanfics cos your writing is sooooo good! Once again I loved the description, this chapter in particular! thanks again for always reviewing my fanfics! You are a truly amazing writer. Let me know when you have new fics up, OK!
Marcie Gore chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Poor Cora
Historian1912 chapter 10 . 5/14/2013
This was an ok story, but it suffers from a few issues, chief of which is a major lack of understanding of history that undermines the premise of the story. Third-class passengers being held back forcibly by the crew is an invention of the film Titanic (1997), rather than a historical fact. Reality was much more chaotic, but since this is a fanfiction for the film containing the historically incorrect scene that part is forgivable. The whole Jack, Rose, and Cora all surviving but not knowing that the others survived is incredibly unlikely. Only one lifeboat, No. 14, returned to fish survivors out of the water, as shown in the film. Also, only one ship, R.M.S. Carpathia, also shown in the film, picked up lifeboats. A few other ships later found bodies, but that is irrelevant here. Once aboard ship they would have all been among the third-class passengers where it is unlikely they would have missed each other, especially since they would have desperately been looking for friendly faces. In short, I can't think up a scenario where they all managed to miss each other. Cora I can understand to an extent. Jack and Rose missing each other defies logic.

The writing style could use a bit of improvement. In particular I would have recommended that you stick with everything from Cora's point of view. Jumping from one focus to another after so many chapters is a bit jarring. Speaking of which, I would also recommend longer chapters. This is not bad for a first fanfic, but it definitely could use some improvement. Good luck on your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Historian1912
Spitfyre20 chapter 10 . 3/30/2013
That was so good! One of the best Titanic fanfictions I've read! It made my heart ache for Cora, who had such a sad ending. It made me gasp when I found Cora in Rose's position and Rose in Jack's. It made me cry when Jack and Rose found each other after six years of separation. I love your unique take on the Titanic. (Btw it's cool that the Pandora songs fit so well! I'm going to have to listen to that station...) You are a talented writer, I will be sure to keep up with other stories by you. Keep calm and write on!
SurferGirl3000 chapter 10 . 3/9/2013
So cute! I love the ending!
Eponine Sparrow chapter 10 . 3/7/2013
That was insanely sad. However it was well-written! Brava!
SammiDammiXoX chapter 9 . 2/27/2013
I was really excited when i found this story. It's really good, and i love it when people write Cora's POV. (: Please update soon!
Eponine Sparrow chapter 9 . 2/26/2013
That is so evil! UPDATE SOON! Please? I'm on edge here!
bplumz79 chapter 8 . 2/22/2013
Oh my gosh! This is truly amazing! I love it!
Eponine Sparrow chapter 8 . 1/24/2013
Such a good story!
Willow chapter 6 . 12/12/2012
Amazing! Can you make a chappy that Jack and Rose meet again?
Cecelia Dowdy chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
I'd probably start the chapter with Cora actually being a pickpocket! She steals from somebody and gets caught. Maybe while in the police station, or when she goes to sleep in her cell, then she reminisces about Jack Dawson.
Olga chapter 7 . 12/12/2012
Yay, you updated again :) Great chap.
Eponine Sparrow chapter 7 . 12/11/2012
This is REALLY good! Update sooner, please? :)
OnceadiaryintheTARDIS chapter 5 . 11/16/2012