Reviews for The Lengths Worth Going to for Pizza with Peppers
Saggit chapter 1 . 3/6/2016
Nice way you tease out the information of what happened to cause the split up, Ranma's leaving and Akane's remorse. Good character voicing, too, and a nice, even pace. I can honestly say I've never read a piece of fiction that finds so much depth in pizza.
Beloved Dawn chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
I liked how he had limits on his forgiveness. It was acceptable for an 18 yr old girl to, when forced to chose, pick her family reflectively. It would not have been okay for her to decide after teh fact "oh, I don't think I actually hate him" for whatever reason.

It's adorable how forgiving he is.

She's so tore up, I feel sorry for her.

I like the title. It catches the eye, then pulls attention to the story. The genre pick says it's angst. It doesn't need ot have a melodramatic title. That would actually likly take some of the emotions out of the fic. The trivial thoughts and banter wonderfully underline the more serious issues.

Lovely.
Angela Jewell chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
Oh, I feel really bad now. I've read this story so many times (and loved it, of course) and just assumed I'd already left a review. Imagine my surprise when I realized I hadn't!

I've read a lot of Ranma-based burakumin stories, and yours still manages to be one of my favorites: I just love the way it's written and how it ends on a happy/hopeful note. Plus, I like seeing angst stories that are set in the future (as if they didn't have enough drama when they were 16, haha). And of course, I'm of the opinion that nothing could truly keep this power-house couple apart, which your story demonstrates beautifully. I really like the idea that it's "never too late." _

*On a completely unrelated note* When I was a freshman in College, my English class required that we write and workshop 7 essays throughout the semester, only 5 of which would be counted in our final grade (and we got to choose which ones). I did one on Ranma just for the fun of it because I could afford to throw a paper. It was the most fun I ever had writing for school. So don't worry, you're not alone, lol.

Thanks for the terrific story!
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 1/6/2007
Your title is so flippant in comparison to the actual content of your story. It almost mocks the entire piece of writing that, I can tell, you worked so very hard at.

The…comparison between her nail polish and June Cleaver at a Frat party had me nearly bursting into laughter-induced tears. Such a disturbing image it gave me!

It was, to say the least, a very beautifully-written story. I had never heard of a burakumin before I read your story. A very interesting idea, though I know it’s been done before (as you said so in your Author’s Notes).

I wanted to say, also, that I’m glad I’m not the only one who has written an anime fanfiction for a Creative Writing class! Actually, I joined Creative Writing, hoping to learn something. This was maybe four years ago, when I was still in High School. I loved to write so much, especially fanfiction, but we only actually did work for two weeks. So I submitted two chapters of a story, and never, ever did any more work in that class. Never finished the story, either. But I actually started the story BEFORE I started the class. Does that count as cheating? I did revise it before I turned it in, haha.

Thanks for a great read.

-Manna (KK)
Paver83 chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
Nice little story. Makes me curious what Nabiki and Kasumi thought of Ranma bieng Burakumin. For that matter, what did the non-burakumin parent think of this, and how long did she or he know?
Circular Infinity chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
I really like this fic. I keep going back to read it and I like it just as much or more every time. Both Ranma and Akane feel in character, but at the same time they are very different. They are older and more mature and you show the change while still keeping their core personality very nicely. I also like the idea for the fic. I could see something like this happening. You protrayed the whole thing very simply and cleanly. I especially liked how calm Ranma was. He's a very forgiving guy.
Koala Kitty chapter 1 . 12/9/2004
Holy shit, they exist.

I seriously, honestly, thought that the burakumin were a joke my Japanese teacher made up, sort of a final mockery aimed toward the children who deliberately taught her the wrong English words for "toilet" and "plumber." Because, you know, when a Japanese person says it, all fast, it sounds like "blackman."

But someone else has heard of these?
Nuki Mouse chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
Thia is very well done and seems to me to be very plausible.

I DO see Akane reacting badly to Ranma being a "village dweller" AKA Burakumin.

The only trouble I have with it is you having Soun "hate" Akane. I think he would act like Akane was committing suicide. Be upset, yes, try to stop her by any means possible, most definatly, but not HATE. I do see him telling Akane she will be disowned if she sees/ marries Ranma, though.

It reminds me of "Poison" by Susan Doenime. Have you read it? OPPS, Nuki Mouse no Baka! You already said that it inspired you to write a Burakumin story with a *happy ending.*

There is also a good sequel to "Poison" by another author called "Little Condo on the Parrie" By Kevin Hammel, located at: . /~

Have you also read it?
iCe chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
Everyone has to do a barakumin tale once in their lives. :) I'm doing one with my sister (three years in the making... ugh... btw that was a shameless plug).

Compared to the two other stories that I've read from you, this is somewhat short, lacks the emotion and the craziness. But then it's a shortfic, and comparing it to the other shortfics I've read, this is one of the best.

I think that the title could use a bit sprucing up though. :) Hehe, but that's just me. Hopefully I see more of your writing soon (although, hehe, I'm not really one in the position to say these kinds of things.) See you around.
Leina chapter 1 . 1/19/2003
Don't ya just hate prejudice?
kachan chapter 1 . 12/10/2002
This is a very interesting topic for a fanfic, i liked this story! you should maybe write a sequel? but at first you should finish/continue after you *grin*
Kanna-Ophelia chapter 1 . 8/9/2002
I liked that very much... Very restrained and beautiful. My favourite exchange was this:

::He pauses, tilts his head. "Did that sound terribly corny?"

"Melodramatic truth often does."::

Very sweet. ::smile::
dementedchris chapter 1 . 8/7/2002
Haven't read a lot of Ranma fics in a long while but this one caught my attention. Glad I didn't pass it up; it was brilliant.
Kalio Halos chapter 1 . 7/21/2002
wow! this is really very good! it wasn't long enough for me, but that should be the least of you worries (i.e. it was so good, i was sorry it ended!) keep up the awesome fics
Gohan chapter 1 . 7/21/2002
one thing i liked about the story was your great writing style..

however, the fic didn't really have much of a plot in it. i dunno if u did that on purpose, but cuz of that, i didn't really feel anything after reading the story.