Reviews for The Thorny Path of Lovers
nashenakhte chapter 7 . 10/17/2012
Excellent . I agree with puutiti.
puufic chapter 7 . 10/14/2012
Thank you for the update. What a nice bedtime story. (Red it last night with my phone before going to sleep, but could not review then).

This story was really good. You wrote really well and I really liked the ending.

Hopefully see you continue writing and making more fantastic stories.
Aine chapter 6 . 10/11/2012
(Too tired to log in...)

Aw, I can't believe it's going to be ending so soon. It's so wonderful thank I don't want this to end just yet! Anyway, great chapter. I especially loved Renji's speech toward the end, he really does have some patience...and apprehensive Byakuya is just very adorable. :)
ActuallyNevis chapter 5 . 10/11/2012
I really enjoy this story. I think it's well written, in character, funny. I look forward to updates! Thank-you very much for sharing!
puufic chapter 6 . 10/10/2012
OOh, I thought you put the next chapter here as well, coz my alerts kept sayng it, must be mistaken then. I do not care, anticipation is part of the fun :).

Thank you so much for updating, this story is really good and can't wait to see the end (not that I actually want it to end :)

Great job, you write really well and you capture your audience. :)

So, thank you again for your hard work.
sscullys chapter 6 . 10/10/2012
Renji talking about subtlety was beautiful! You can't leave it at that! Please update soon! :)
Gravity's Child chapter 6 . 10/10/2012
GHAAA! You can't just cut it off like that!

#%# $# %$ son of a %&#$%#
Eva Galana chapter 5 . 10/7/2012
Ha ha...Renji has taken the reins. I'm a bit intrigued with the whole Bya can live far longer...is this a supernatural turn to the storyline? Or, does he just take really, really good care of himself? *cheeky grin*
Sachiko Heiwajima chapter 5 . 10/6/2012
Just discovered your story, it's really awesome! I like how Renji and Byakuya interact with each other. So I take it Byakuya is 71 that part kinda confused me. But overall this is a very good story I really like it so far, can't wait to read more keep up the good work
puufic chapter 5 . 10/5/2012
me so very happy for this update. :) Thank you.
Eva Galana chapter 4 . 10/5/2012
Wonderful story. Despite being AU, you managed to keep our boys well in character - Byakuya locking his heart away, blaming himself for his wife's death and being unable to move on, using Rukua as a visual remembrance; Renji, working so hard to improve himself yet still neglecting what he really needs/wants...Glad to see he's going for it, though. Looking forward to more.
Foxthegamer chapter 4 . 10/4/2012
Hmmmmm I'm curious as to see how this goes, it's got me hooked already I love your writing style and Rukia is just kick-ass XD I could so see her running a bar haha
lotus325 chapter 4 . 10/3/2012
You're doing very well. :) I was happy to greet these two new chapter and both are as wonderfully written as the first two. I do like the plot twists, particularly the moment in this chapter where Renji explains his restlessness and melancholy.

I like Renji's reason for leaving, it was a bold but strong one. It really struck true to his character I thought. Nice. It's very true that Rukia said ihmo: nothing comes without struggle, happiness is a fruit of one's own labour. This manipulative, matchmaking Rukia is quite what Renji needs at the moment it seems... I can just imagine the great shock on Byakuya's pretty face when he opens the door to see the persistent redhead. Something along those lines. Since Byakuya does seem to have a sort of low image of what he perceives his own ways to be, Renji will challenge that hopefully.

I'm looking forward to more! :) As always.
lotus325 chapter 2 . 10/2/2012
Oh, nice! I haven’t been excited to greet a new fic in a long time. ;D But I’m glad I gave this a try despite my great reservations of the Ichi/Grimm pairing – the rest is promising. You have a very nice writing style, you aren’t overly descriptive and you use enough words to create the effect you’re aiming at! It’s effective to sometimes let the actions, such as body language, of a character to speak for them; it’s more effective in another person’s point of view.

I enjoyed your take on Rukia! Rukia’s line in chapter one did make me laugh. But I imagine Kuchiki’s beauty won’t fade, even at an older age! ;D I imagine he’s in his early-mid thirties here?

I liked that Renji is listening to Ichigo’s advice! Assertive, upfront Renji is what Byakuya needs, I think. I also like that you have an insightful Renji…despite his tendency to hide it, sometimes I feel many authors forget or slander how smart he actually IS…or can be when the opportunity presents itself. And I'm happy to see he's doing that with Byakuya.

Thanks for sharing; you made me anxious for more. I hope to see more of this soon!
Foxthegamer chapter 2 . 10/2/2012
o-o I am so hooked on this! Renji being so up front and Byakuya sheilding himself X3 they wrok together so well I love this au you have keep at it, your writing style is great!