Reviews for Rosie
nittanyapple chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
This would make a great story, you should run with it! I can see June as a Rosie the Riveter!
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Beautiful and haunting.

I love this idea.
FanofChrisCMaxA1 chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Wonderful,but wish it was at least a little longer.
Sunflare2k5 chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
A good point; she would have been called to such duties at that time.

And to meteoricshipyards: While I may not be an expert on the 50's, the reason that so many women went back to housework was that society was trying to push things "back to normal" (i.e. the pre-war standards). Example: an educational film talking about college for women - but *only* so they could learn about making nutritional meals and good clothes for their families (and of course, they'd meet their husband on campus).
GoldenHorde chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
A Brilliant in depth look at someone who represented the the 50's. I love the tribute to the women who stayed at home yet contributed so much to the war effort. Thank you so much for remembering them.
Meteoricshipyards chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
It always seemed strange to me that so many women who had been in the workforce went back to being homemakers after the war. I'm sure many (especially those with children) enjoyed the break from formal work, but there had to be a lot of women who were unmarried and liked the paycheck and the job they did and didn't want to leave. I'm surprised we didn't have a woman's lib movement in the late 40s and early 50s.

Anyway, thanks for the story that puts into words something I had only thought.

Tom A.
Strumwulf chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Nice peak at what some of the women of that time probably thought after WWII and they left the factories.
Cjonwalrus chapter 1 . 10/2/2012