Reviews for Mass Intermission: The Bridge between 2 and 3
Elizabeth.Electrica chapter 5 . 4/20
This is amazing! Just marry me!
MizDirected chapter 5 . 9/25/2013
Okay, another fan review, but this one is a little less fan-ish, just because so much gets covered. It's three chapters giving each moment it's due, but yeah. So there is a lot lot of telling, lots of the ancient enemy because you were moving through the story, burning through it, smoke peeling out from behind the tires, because yeah, let's face it. Once Thane was gone, and Kasumi had her tea party, there was just this overwhelming need to get them back together. I understand. But, still... there is something to be said for delayed gratification. To let us live with Garrus and the horror of those first few days of the war and what it means to him,

The dream where he knows they are coming is awesome. I wish we could have had an extra moment or two there as well just to feel the Reaper presence a little more solidly before we were tossed out and into action. An awesome, chill inducing moment however.

So yeah... I would have loved to take this info slower and have it be a lot less telling and a lot more being inside Garrus for these days, but still. I love this story arc. I will go back to reviewing 2 now. :D I really liked this glimpse into Garrus away from Shepard. Makes me wonder what mine did during those months. Nothing as cool or as zen as yours, I'm sure. :D Thanks for sharing.
MizDirected chapter 4 . 9/23/2013
Love this chapter, even though Kasume... I dunno, she weirded me out in it. But she generally does that. She just doesn't seem the tea ceremony type. Oh well. *chuckles*

I really don't have anything to say other than to kill the ancient enemies. The story itself is awesome. I love the whole tower defense thing. Ha!

The characters all speak very clearly in voice in my head, even while freaking me out. I'm glad that while Garrus is missing Shepard, he's not angsting to death over it. He's doing the job, staying competent.

So yeah, that's all I have to say about that. I continue the love affair, except for the enemy. Thanks for sharing.
MizDirected chapter 3 . 9/22/2013
Cool. Thane appearing was unexpected and awesome. I like the easy friendship between them after Garrus being so worried about him in the second part. It's very cool.

Lots of the ancient enemy. Your dialogue is awesome, as always, very natural and I hear the characters quite clearly in my head. But yeah, lots of was and were in there. Passivity and narrator voice out, Garrus in. Then Kim be a happy happy girl. I love this Garrus, so yeah, I don't want you standing between us throwing was's at me.

INCOMING!

I love that Thane snuck in to see Shepard. HA! He so could. Bad bad boy.

I loved the beginning ... the whole ... forget dying for the cause, kill for it. Yeehaw. A good chapter, but one that needs to be 10% more emotional impact with 99% less was and narrator distance. Thanks for sharing. You rock.
MizDirected chapter 2 . 9/22/2013
Beautiful chapter. *Blows nose, wipes eyes* His mom understood.

Lots of the ancient enemy needing to die. Already a beautiful piece, once they die to be replaced by other, stronger constructions, it will be art.

For example: They were clearly speaking, heads together, private goodbyes between mates. Heads together, Garrus knew from the movement of his father's shoulders, the tilt of his head, that they spoke words of love, promises for someday, private goodbyes between mates. Or whatever. Punch it up and take down the barriers between us and the feels. You wants all the tears, you know you do.

So, yeah things are coming together. A wonderful moment between father and son, that didn't involve all the slapping that accompany those moments in my story (hehehehehe), and then a beautiful goodbye. Thanks for sharing.
MizDirected chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
Decided to review this because I've read 2 and will review it with time, but wanted to keep reading.

I love the characterizations you've drawn for Garrus's family. I like that they are all so sharp, prickly sharp, except for the one you expect to be. It's a great thing.

There are some of the ancient enemy, but nothing that screamed to me... KIM! I am thwarting your attempt to read. So there! Yeah. Really lame review I know, but I've said everything before, and you being whip sharp and genius-like don't need to hear any of it again. Sooooo... yeah, a great little intro to the fam. I'm eager to see how you fill in this six months.

Thanks for sharing your vision.
DarkJewelRomani chapter 5 . 10/6/2012
So I am going to assume that the Bridge is the answer to my previous plea. Again very well written and I look forward to reading more.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/2/2012
I like it! It's good to read something nice and whole like this every once in a while and I love they way you painted the air in this fic!

Ps: I also love the fact that you post the whole fic instead one chapter at a time like other people usually do. :D
Nova Starrs chapter 5 . 10/2/2012
i wait with baited breath for part three
Foxdoc84 chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
I really enjoyed this, and cannot wait for Mass Symphony 3.