Reviews for Heaven is a Place Nearby
JoyScott13 chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
This is amazing... heartbreaking and soul destroying but amazing. I had to take a minute to stop crying before I reviewed this... so good!
Sirnonenath chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
I love that when you get a bit of writer's block about one story, you dream up something else for us. Seriously, it's like a win-win for us readers. :)

Well, okay, maybe I shouldn't have said that so soon. What is this fic of infinite mind-crushing sadness you are giving us here?!

Seriously, though, this is amazing. It IS very dark but it is realistic and written with such grace and delicacy.

"It was now just a waiting game". There is nothing worse than waiting for someone you love to die. I know from personal experience and this really hit the right notes about what it is like being the ones to have to wait for someone's pain to end. I just wanted to hug all the Masons.

Ben asking for Hal just about broke me. "I'm glad… you saved me. I'm glad I… I'm glad I'm going to… to die free." *sob*

This section: "Ben…" he sobbed, leaning forward so that his head was resting next to his brother's. Hal felt a hand feebly reach up and touch the side of his face. " This just touched me so profoundly. Beautifully written moment.

From the point where Ben broke down when Tom told him he loved him through all the details about his death to the end... Tears streaming down my face, literally. Really, I can't say much more than that to tell you how strongly your writing got to me.

"And as his heart ceased to beat, that one tear finished it's long and arduous journey, wiped away by his father" The wording here is particularly lovely I thought.

I really liked this (Don't think making me tear up was a bad thing; I found it rather cathartic really). And I liked the touch at the end, with Ben being "free at last", that whilst he is not free to live his life, he is free in a way that is profound and that matters.

*hugs* Thanks for this.
Sanae chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
I'm such a mess that I don't even know what to say.

This was beautifully written but, above all, so freaking painful. I seriously hope it remains always and forever AU because if this happens in the series, I don't know what I'll do with myself.

Again, top-notch work. Keep it up!

PS: I have seen Blackbird's trailer (like a gazillion times!) and yes, I can't wait to watch the movie, I hope they'll release it soon because, not suprisingly, Connor has got really good reviews from his work on this movie.
perfidious penultimate chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
You killed me. You seriously just freaking killed me. I cried.

GAHHHHH but it was so beautiful! So beautifully written...I seriously just can't even...speechless. Beautiful, absolutely perfect.

- BulletsCoffeeFaith