Reviews for Drift Away
iq battle winner chapter 5 . 11/6/2012
So she was both a siren and a mermaid...OK. You have a knack for making odd stuff like that work. I'm torn about that ending. Part of me likes it as is. Another part of me also wants to know what happens. After all that even if the ribbon ended up on the stay side of the sand I find it hard to believe that Cye would give up on the girl like that. He is still clearly smitten with her the morning after. Its your story and if you want to stop it there its great as it was ended.
Scarlett H. Hamilton chapter 5 . 11/1/2012
Both mermaid and siren. I was thinking siren...not both. You made it work and I like it. The end?! WTF?! You have got to kidding me! She promised Cye someday. There should be a someday! I need a someday. Bring on the someday! I know where you live. I will hound you until there is a someday.
iq battle winner chapter 4 . 10/23/2012
Lots of drama in this one. I'm still confused about the girl though. Cye is really going to propose to her?!
Scarlett H. Hamilton chapter 4 . 10/23/2012
I think I get the feathers for hair thing now.
Scarlett H. Hamilton chapter 3 . 10/23/2012
I love the boardwalk dancing scene and the beach scene! Cye is so whipped...reminds me of my hubby.
iq battle winner chapter 3 . 10/16/2012
Seems Lorelei has the Warrior of Torrent wrapped around her little finger. Her feather hair and that bird shadow thing at the boardwalk and tracks leading from her footprints Rowen and White Blaze found...I'm confused are they related? Wait I thought it was a mermaid Cye saw back at the beach. Its going to drive me crazy until you post the next chapter.
Scarlett H. Hamilton chapter 2 . 10/9/2012
Ooo...Roweny goodness. You have made up my mind I'm making my hubby get his haircut like his. The story sorry...Lorelei seems to be one very naughty girl. Can't wait to see what she has up her sleeve for Cye and why she has feathers for hair for that matter.
iq battle winner chapter 2 . 10/9/2012
Ah! So that's the mystery girl. Fine thin indigo feathers for hair? I'm intrigued now, she is definitely up to something and I get the impression that her business has something to do with the Warrior of Torrent. Interesting innuendo with the carnival on the boardwalk comment. I'm not sure how I feel about White Blaze being used for comic effect but other wise very good. Rowen's character is spot on...but are you sure Cye/Shin isn't really gay in the series?
Scarlett H. Hamilton chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
I love it but...AHH! You and your dang teaser chapters! I want to know about the mystery girl and you don't even have her in the first chapter.
iq battle winner chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Finally! I've been waiting to read this story since you said you were working on it. Spot on characterization of everyone involved and you nailed the summer theme well. I'm curious about the mystery girl though. Did you draw the cover art? I better never hear you say you can't draw again if you did.