Reviews for Change the Future
Mandy of the Amoeba chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Love this. Very wonderfully written.
Kina Kalamari chapter 1 . 10/7/2012
Gah. Poor River.

This was excellent. So heartbreaking, and your prose carried the emotion of it all very well. Brilliant job.
JaneScarlett chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
Wow. That was...so good.
Anon chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Very deep insight into that inbetwen scene. For me this was a very significant part of the episode. Your fic shows a lot about River and their relatsionship and that not every one dies, not every one lives but people can get damaged and hurt. Very good.
PrincessAndula chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Thanks for explaining. I was a little confused on what was going through their minds.
SonicTeamFreeWill chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
AH! I felt that. RIVER! *hugs* I loved it!
Aleia Jade chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
/And whenever he felt like this, he turned his rage on her./ This. This is exactly it. We see them play this out, over and over again, because who else does he have? Who else is safe?

That scene gave me so many feelings and you've captured so many of them here.
JuliWhoFly chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
So I cried. :( Excellent piece. Spot on.
KendrixTermina chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
I guess that he was for one Moment hoping that if River could escape, he and Amy might not have to part ways... he didn't want to see the certainty of it all.
And River is always willing to sacrifice herself or at least bear some suffering for his sake as she did stupid things in the past like nearly killing him or breaking reality, so she wants to make up for it, especially since she came to really love him in the meantime.

You could tell that this was a Version of River that was closer to the Library, over time, she dropped the famme fatale act and gained more of a weirdly maternal-ish characteristic, didn't she?
It's a testament to both the writing and Mrs. Kingston's acting skills that the younger versions of River really seem/feel younger and the older ones really seem older/wiser even though she technically looks the same.
If you were to watch it all in order, you would probably see a shift from the younger obsessed/inbalanced femme-fatale River to the wiser, older, more confident genuinely caring one who is *still* very protective about him but knows what sort of help he'd really need/apreciate.