Reviews for Steeling Back the Past
eaz35173 chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Wonderful story, Debra! And a fitting 30th Anniversary tribute! It was nice to get a glimpse into Steele's past - one that was a happy memory for him. I liked that he was open to Laura in sharing stories of that time with her. Loved the idea of the sketch book and pencils being kept by Gammy. Loved that he re-sketched some pictures with Laura in them!

Thank you for a beautiful story!
seiyuurabu chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
That was beautiful!
gilmoradict chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
This interlude in the Irish countryside is lovely, and the perfect following up to "Steele Your Heart Away." You write with the heart of someone who has not only traveled these lush valleys, and walked the Irish churchyards, but has done so with Steele in mind. What a perfect celebration of the thirtieth anniversary of this much loved couple and show. Thank you!
steeleinc chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
I deleted and reposted my story because of formatting issues. I'm going to try to copy and paste the 2 reviews I had when I posted the first time:

SteeleImaginary 10/2/12 . chapter 1
I enjoyed this story very much - a wonderful take on a piece of his backstory.

Lauryn11
1349202186 . chapter 1
This is a lovely ending, and a bit more; like Steele Your Heart, not just about the past, but where it leads on. I like how you used the sketchbook to tie all the strands together, and, in keeping, the visual feel of the Irish landscape. Though we can't set aside the dark days of Steele's youth we can also imagine there was comfort, too, and lives that he touched and, perhaps even a small storehouse of childhood things, lovingly kept for him. Thanks for writing; it flows very well from the episode and the period of season three.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Oh this is wonderful. I do think they were all out of order, and surely not a progress of a relationship over time. Thank you for this. Hope to read more from you soon.