Reviews for The Way We Were
A Reader chapter 1 . 3/24
This is quite an honest version of Sandor you have here. In almost every way; he whores, he sees a closed door as no-entry and he's barely apologetic. Fits his viciously cynical self, god knows I'm the same at the closed door. I won't see the point and stop trying before I start.

But, as much as I admire the sheer honesty to the characters, I also dislike the piece. The way I see it, the world has enough cynicism and angst without adding onto it here.

As it is, I love and hate your work here. And it's a struggle to which I feel more,
MikasaBanana chapter 11 . 1/16/2015
no update for more than a year aghhh i have given up...
but author, please! atleast finish it dammit!
Angelus Draco chapter 10 . 7/18/2013
More please.

:-)
esther chapter 11 . 4/24/2013
Wow. More please!
Madame de Coeur chapter 11 . 1/30/2013
Poor Sansa. I love Jon Snow but I can see that this might be how Lady Catlin felt each time she would come across Snow. To see right in front of her the proof that her husband was unfaithful to her and to sire a child outside of their marriage bed must have been a low blow. I hope they find a way to reconcile eventually. Update soon!
Tnkerbelle86 chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
I am so excited to read this update! I loved the longing is this chapter I felt like it was heartbreakingly beautiful. I cannot wait to see what is going on with our favorite non-ser!
emmiemac chapter 11 . 1/30/2013
You make Sansa's pain and yearning very real however I fear is she does not give up her cold haughtiness [and I realize it is necessary and useful for a young women in her position as Lady of Winterfell] she will be dooming herself to bitterness which will only serve to alienate her big scarred lover-husband even more. Sadly letting yourself love and be loved also opens you to hurt and being hurt: she is going to have to reconcile herself to that.
That is not a criticism but an observation of her nature and predicament.
I think it is great and appropiate that Sandor has changed little particuarly since they left after the Blackwater and he had no real change at that time except perhaps a little of what passed between them as they journeyed north, which also seems to have been fractious at times. I think that is very in-character for both of them given their vast differences in personality. It gives the basis for both their attraction and their misunderstandings. They would be a dull paring without either.
You are making a great story out of those differences.
JuliaAurelia chapter 11 . 1/30/2013
oh crap! Drunken hooker had to show up and ruin what had been a perfectly sweet moment. That can't be good.

Can't wait until Sandor gets back.
xbecbebex chapter 11 . 1/30/2013
ahh, wonderful update! i cannot wait to see it get a bit happier (i hope it does get happier). i love your writing.
QueenOfThorns82 chapter 11 . 1/30/2013
Disappointed! I thought in this chapter I would read about Sandor trying everything he could to woo Sansa. I'm tired of Sansa being sad, let the making up begin, for real.
emmiemac chapter 10 . 1/29/2013
Okay, I love this. The dialogue is true and sharp. The description of Winterfell, the servants talk, their history: all of it is captivating and believable. More please.
xbecbebex chapter 10 . 1/13/2013
i was skeptical at first, by reading the description but i love all your other stories and i'm so glad i gave this story a chance! i'm addicted and can't wait to see where it goes next!
LitaF chapter 5 . 1/4/2013
I'm really enjoy this history, i think is very interestang how you approach of the the relationship between Sansa and Sandor
0oBellina0o chapter 10 . 1/4/2013
Refreshingly different from most other SanSan stories out there! I'm definitely hooked and can't wait for how things will continue... :)
howlingforyou chapter 10 . 12/29/2012
Yay, an update! Interested so see how our fiery Sansa finds forgiveness in her heart.