Reviews for Fool Me Once
AriesReign chapter 2 . 8/2
This is such a captivating story that I keep finding myself re-reading excerpts just to enjoy the tension and heart pounding excitement all over again. I am utterly entranced and can not wait to read on. I have a theory on the culprit. However, I feel as though this story will continue to toss some well-placed tension our way before we discover the perpetrator and his motive. Bold and clever writing, nice work so far.
WolfsongDarkforest chapter 2 . 7/11
Won, sereh eht noitseuq: nac uoy daer flaf-drawkcab, flah-drawrof? Sure as hell takes time to write like that.

Love the story so far: good character dynamics, descriprions and an interesting, not-obvious plot. I comend your excelence.

There are some things that can be improved upon, of course. If youre still interested in this story, id like to tell you how to improve slightly.

Before i end this, i must also credit you with a
Linguam chapter 13 . 1/13
Thank you so, so much for this fic. I think you depicted the characters beautifully, and I'm really impressed by how you managed to get it all to work together so nicely (the plot, the chemistry between the characters, the dialogue etc). I could definitely see this play out. A truly enjoyable read, thanks again!

RhondaLara chapter 13 . 12/14/2014
Wonderful Story- Just Loved It!
ananova chapter 13 . 10/22/2013
Awesome story, loved how it centered on the whole team and not just one or two characters. This could totally have been an actual episode, it was that well written. Great job, thanks for sharing.
hondagirl chapter 13 . 10/21/2013
Oh this, this, this. I really hope you haven't minded that I reviewed each chapter individually (I like to do that sometimes) but this story was just so good. I love d all the action, the camaraderie, the banter, the fear, the flirting, the worry etc. I think you explored and fleshed out relationships on this show that we don't always get to see - Deeks and Nell, Callen and Eric while at the same time, being true to the relationships we do get to see on the show -Deeks and Kensi, Callen and Sam, Eric and Nell. It was really well done and now I understand why everyone recc-ed me this fic when I was looking for a good team fic. I especially loved this chapter and the last one as we dealt with the action and then the fall out from the action. I especially enjoyed you giving all the partners their own personal moments together (Kensi and Deeks in the hospital room, Nell and Eric in the bathroom, Callen and Sam walking into the hospital) but then managed to get the whole gang together at the end, including Hetty to tie it all up. And like you said, there is a lot of kinks to work out but the important thing is that they all survived and they are closer then others.

UGH. THESE KIDS. THIS STORY. You have a real gift for writing this show my friend. Thank you for making a Monday morning when I've been sick on the couch running a low grade fever (I have to take some more medicine, screw reccommended daily dosage) much more enjoyable then it could have been. Looking forward to reading more of your stories when I get a chance. YOU ROCK!

hondagirl chapter 12 . 10/21/2013
Oh wow, this was good. Just really good. I'll leave a more coherent review next (last) chapter.
hondagirl chapter 11 . 10/21/2013
. . .NO. You left Deeks and Eric alone, that cannot be good!
hondagirl chapter 10 . 10/21/2013
The last few lines of this chapter is so THEM. Just how Deeks is worried about the absurbity of the plan and Sam and Callen are like, "when are our plans NOT insane, Deeks?" and everyone is sitting around the living, talking about this and I can just see it in my head. The seven of them, sitting there AS A TEAM and I really like that. It is what I love so much about the show, the way they all work together and take care of each other despite the different personalities and strengths they bring to the table and you show that here. I feel like a bad record, BUT REALLY WELL DONE.
hondagirl chapter 9 . 10/21/2013
Ok I have to say, I love your choices for the chapter titles. They are the best and I know I haven't mentioned it before, but each one you choose is perfect for each chapter. Like this one, we are still trying to figure out how many people are involved and then you write a chapter title like this, and it cracks me up.

Nice moment between Deeks and Callen. I like how you have Callen mention his concern for Kensi. Because it's true, if Kensi is worried about Deeks she won't be able to focus on what she needs to focus on. Really well done and damn, that Callen does carry the weight of his team on his shoulders. Mr. Lone Wolf, ya right!
hondagirl chapter 8 . 10/21/2013
I love that Deeks complains about a paper cut, but he gets shot and suddenly he's "A-okay" and Kensi realizes that. I love the way you write Deeks. I mean, I love the way you write them all, but I'm partial to Deeks and I really like the way you show his character, flesh it out more. And speaking of liking characters, I laughed at the crack Callen made to Sam about Spongebob and Disney princesses. Despite this being a case and trying to figure out who wants to kill them, you still put the quips and barbs and the partnerships in and I love that. Feels very true to the show.
hondagirl chapter 7 . 10/21/2013
You do really well with plot twists and moving the action along. I'm impressed.
hondagirl chapter 6 . 10/21/2013
Holy crap. I was not expecting the fire (which is a mark of a well written piece). But I just want to say, I love your back and forth of Sam and Callen, the bickering about their history was really funny. As was Eric, learning how to shoot from the gang. Love that Deeks drew Voldemort on a pillowcase, heeeee!
hondagirl chapter 5 . 10/21/2013
I really, really, really liked this chapter (I feel like I keep repeating that, but its true). I love that Callen had to check all members of him team when they arrived, make sure they were all good. Love that Kensi forced Deeks to rest and when Sam made poor exhausted I-was-just-shot-six-hours-ago Nell go to bed, she crawled into share with Deeks. You could have made that dirty, but you didn't and as a fan of Deeks and Nell friendship and as a person who has shared a platonic bed with members of the opposite sex more times than I can recall (alcohol will do that too you), I really liked that. I love that she teased him about Kensi and he gave up and I laughed at him training Monty to leave the bed when there is a girl in it (that made me laugh because that is so Deeks!)

You do a great job with the team dynamics and I love that Eric will be learning how to shoot. I'm going to assume that will come in handy later on in the story. I'm already biting my nails!
hondagirl chapter 4 . 10/21/2013
Ooooooh, interesting chapter. I like how you went back and forth with the characters - Kensi and Hetty and then Sam, Callen and Eric and then back to Deeks, Hetty Kensi and Nell. You have a gift for writing these characters and their emotions/feelings. And now I am officially creeped out by this stalker. HOW DID HE KNOW WHERE THEY WERE? WHY IS HE AT THE HOSPITAL?

(and I am a sadistic sort so your author's note re: future Deeks and Eric whump made me laugh. And then quietly go in a corner and cry)