Reviews for Of Passion and Serenity
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Good read. :)
Valairy Scot chapter 2 . 10/3/2012
What hurts can be forgiven, soothed by the balm of understanding.
Valairy Scot chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
But Obi-Wan is upset with me. His side of the bond is closed and I feel his loss. What's more, since there is no danger at the moment, he's within his rights and I can't legitimately command him to open the bond just to gratify myself.

But why is he upset? Isn't it right that I should be more concerned about Anakin's protection than his? It's not that I care less for Obi-Wan; it's that he doesn't need me as much.

But wait...Obi-Wan closed the bond when I said I took Anakin as my Padawan...Oh. I see. Then the Council reminded me I have Obi-Wan, as if I need reminding, and scolded me further by citing the Code. They should know by now the Code isn't law to me. What does Obi-Wan and the Council think? That I'm not committed to him? How can they think that?

-Uh, because it looked that way? Really Qui-Gon.

Master Yoda implied to Obi-Wan that he was not deemed ready. That will hurt him and cause him to doubt his abilities, and that's no way to treat a Knight in all but name. Because as far as I'm concerned, he doesn't need to be tried. Anyone who knows him knows his commitment to duty and the Order. Yes, he has strong opinions and relies too much on logic and not enough on intuition, but that in no way hurts his chances for passing the Trials. It's not that he can't use his instincts; he just doesn't trust in them as much as I'd like. But there is time. He has his life ahead of him and one day, he'll understand.

The Council discredited both my judgment and Obi-Wan's worth. If they have a problem with me, that's fine. But how dare they drag him into it.

-Protective Qui-Gon. That's the Qui-Gon I like.