Reviews for Two Families Connected
Nice job :)
Jyoti chapter 17 . 1/19/2013
Nicely written.
Shirona chapter 17 . 1/17/2013
Are we supposed to hate Angela here? Because, as someone who's just looking at the last chapter, I see a victim of an extreme amount of abuse from both her parents and the hospital.

I'll assume the worst of her because I only read the last chapter. I'll assume that she beat up loads of people, lies and gets blackout drunk on a habitual basis, and is lying about being raped. She does need to face consequences for everything she did wrong, especially that last part because it's a serious accusation and indirectly hurt rape victims, since far too many people automatically assume they're lying (including Daniel and Mary-Sue; more on that later).

But this is going about it the wrong way. To do all that shows a serious disregard for pretty much anything about society, but the answer is not to tie her up and threaten to beat her senseless for it. Her parents aren't even threatening a little spanking; hitting people with actual objects like a belt leaves significant marks and can cause lasting damage if done hard enough or on different parts of the body. They also don't seem to care to actually get her help for her psychological problems, which is what she needs the most right now. They don't even hesitate before dismissing her rape claims; she might be lying, but decent people would at least give a lot of thought about it before rejecting it.

They also emotionally abuse her. She has no future because she's an unwed teen mother? Yeah, tell that to some of my classmates in college. Community college isn't exactly prestigious, but it's a great place anyway and it's giving them the opportunities they want and need. And these are women with though pasts, some were teen mothers and runaways, some had been addicted to drugs, some had been estranged from their family for years. But here they are, getting an education and raising beautiful children.

Even if they had to lose everything to get here, they are happy with their lives now. So, no, Angela is not necessarily doomed to live a short life in misery, and for her parents to tell her she will never be worth anything is emotional abuse. Even if your child brought all her misfortune on herself and constantly hurts people, she's still your child, and to tell her she's worthless without even flinching is inhuman.

It's also strange and possibly illegal that the hospital is just allowing this to happen. Yes, Angela needed to be restrained because she presented an immediate danger to others around her, no argument there. But surely the hospital staff noticed how everyone takes pleasure in dumping all over Angela.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the doctor never left the room, so he heard everything Daniel and Mary-Sue said to Angela. And the doctor saw Daniel spank her butt (which, for the record, starts becoming very creepy once your children hit puberty). Since I think legally she's still a minor, this would be worth a call to some kind of social service so that someone can explain why this is a bad idea. Come to think of it, if she had any legal independence, I'm pretty sure she could sue the hospital for extreme negligence for not doing anything about this.

(I think Nina, Don, and Dina can also sue the hospital, because it seems like an incredible breach of privacy to have their results read out loud for the Pleasants to hear and vice versa. What business do they have knowing this info? It would be a breach of privacy if even Nina and Dina's results weren't read separately, unless they both agreed to it.)

So, basically, if this story is supposed to be about a complete disaster of a family, where all the problems are rooted in the parents beating and demeaning their daughters, then good job, you hit it right on the head! If Angela is supposed to be this horrible lying slut* that deserves to be punished, then you've accidentally made her the most sympathetic character in your story.

(* PS: Slut is a slur that's used to shame women for their sexualities, where in the same situation men are praised or are jokingly called "mansluts", as if normal sluts are always women. I get this feeling I'm supposed to agree with the characters calling Angela a slut and other women bimbos and tramps, so that's an issue, too. Of course, Don, a man, is never directly attacked for sleeping around and is just told to wear a condom. Obviously unsafe sex should be strongly discouraged and everyone who did unsafe sex needs a stern lecture, but that's not what's happening here.)
Jyoti chapter 16 . 11/15/2012
I can't believe it was Lilith! Great job!
Jyoti chapter 15 . 11/10/2012
Great job. Dang, we had some really angry people in this chapter ahaha. And Don got beat up by two girls lol. Update soon?
Jyoti chapter 14 . 11/5/2012
Wonderful job! I like this story a lot! I love the spiritual side of it and how you're making Mortimer use his money in an effective way.
God Bless
As for who Trinity's rescuer is, I have no idea!
Jyoti chapter 13 . 10/31/2012
Jyoti chapter 12 . 10/25/2012
Great job! :D
Jyoti chapter 11 . 10/22/2012
OMG phenomenal! I loved it! :D
Jyoti chapter 10 . 10/20/2012
Hm, maybe the ghost was the Social worker? I'm not sure but this was AMAZING! I really enjoyed it :D
Jyoti chapter 9 . 10/16/2012
Amazing job!
This chapter touched me so much. I've been struggling with my faith lately and it gave me such reassurance. I really love this story and I can't wait for the next chapter :) Splendid job.
Jyoti chapter 8 . 10/14/2012
OMG I hope they make it out! This was great & I AM SOOOO HAPPY THAT JOEL GOT OVER HIS FEAR. Go Joel! lol xD Wonderful work, everything is so realistic.
Jyoti chapter 7 . 10/14/2012
Awwww, I loved this. And I really love the spiritual side of it all :D This story makes me smile, great job!
Jyoti chapter 6 . 10/13/2012
Wonderful job! This chapter really made me want to go pee lol xD
Jyoti chapter 5 . 10/13/2012
Negro? That's such an old term but I thought that this chapter was AMAZING! And so touching. It had me on the edge of my feet and I felt so bad for that little boy. And to read that Joel was crying, that was a big shocker. I loved this a lot. Did you say these kids changed their names? I originally thought that maybe this group of siblings could be the Newson family, but I'm not really sure. And as far as the potty training method goes, I have no clue. All I have to say is, I hope that they get out! I also can't believe what happened with Cindy, I wonder why the Social Worker is like that.