Reviews for Children of Time, Ep 1: Smith and Holmes
Excellent story!
rana2001 chapter 5 . 10/24/2013
damn this is sad
The Universal Hope chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Sorry for having been a lurker thus far! I LOVE the emotion you put into these characters... Simply a joy to read! Currently in the middle of Episode Two... But just figured I would come back here and and leave a good word, because these stories are great!
The Writer Of Fate chapter 11 . 7/2/2013
This is a brilliant story, truly one-of-a-kind. I have deeply enjoyed it from beginning to end. I'm still chuckling over the flirting between Holmes and the TARDIS.

Truly, you two are a force to be reckoned with when you get together to write. I'm going to go read the sequel now!
Guest chapter 11 . 5/30/2013
One of the best fics in my opinion! :D
Guest chapter 9 . 5/30/2013
Awwww, thats so sweet.
Guest chapter 7 . 5/30/2013
I want to see more of Sherlock interacting w/ technology
Guest chapter 5 . 5/30/2013
I am dying from the awesomeness of this fic.
Guest chapter 2 . 5/30/2013
This is awesome.
Phantom Dennis chapter 6 . 5/30/2013
I Can't understand why there would be a Shelock Holmes for Dummies. The works of Watson were fairly accessible, Is it a guide to his writings on beekeeping?
Alithia-Rivyana chapter 3 . 5/29/2013
Oscillating between "Squee!" and "...awkward..."
Alithia-Rivyana chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Brilliant
Ranger-Nova chapter 11 . 5/16/2013
Sooo, I read the story. :D I haven't started the next one yet, but I will soon!

I know very little about Doctor Who (though right now I'm going through Classic Who, and enjoying it very much!) but even so I had no trouble following the story. I've read all the Sherlock Holmes stories, of course, so that wasn't a problem.

As usual you both do a superb job with character moments. The plot was good too, but the characters are what really stand out. The interaction between Holmes and the Doctor, the way you make a smith-turned-yeti into an interesting character - those things are what make this so good. It's clear you both know how to get inside a character's head and not only channel their voice, but also their emotions. There are a lot of scenes where not much is happening, but the scenes remain very compelling because of the emotional intensity, or simply because of the fun exchanges between the Doctor and Holmes. Those two have great chemistry together!

The ending was a surprise - I didn't expect the smith's wife to be turned into a yeti as well, but I thought it was a good twist.

It's almost hard to believe this is a collab, because I really can't detect any difference in writing style at any point. Speaking of the writing, that's excellent as always. One thing I've admired very much about your stories (and I say this to both of you, even though I've only read one of Ria's stories) is how well you write. The word choice, the descriptions, the flow - it all just comes together very well, and this story is no exception.

Honestly, the only criticism I can think of is the smith's wife, who felt a little flat at some points, but her role was so small that it didn't detract from the rest of the story.

I had a great time reading this, much better than I expected since I'm a Doctor Who newbie. You should both be very proud of the amazing work you've done!

God bless,
-Ranger
floatingmangocake chapter 11 . 4/14/2013
Oh yes!
Yes yes yes yes yes!
Mwahahaha, can't wait for Episode 2.
Such a tease on the poor Holmes.
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 11 . 4/13/2013
There is something perfect about Watson initially thinking the TARDIS is a carpet sweeper. For his sake, I hope she never finds that out...

Ah, and the Doctor has perfect timing. Run, Holmes and Watson; run from the grand ennui!

Glad to hear there'll be more, especially since you've left it as such an intriguing sequel hook! Wonderful work, ladies; take a bow!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »