Reviews for Children of Time, Ep 1: Smith and Holmes
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Okay, I literally love this to little tiny bits, but why is there a full series episode recap page of this fic series and only one posted? I'm a tad puzzled.
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 9 . 3/17/2013
Oh, I loved this! Holmes's method of trying to open the heart of the TARDIS was brilliant (and I loved that he called her Madam. He would...)

But the flashbacks. Oh, the flashbacks... The moment of realization Holmes had was lovely, but, oh, what a heartwrencher!

Ten defending humans, his humans, as you so eloquently put it, was also very wonderful. And him later thinking that Holmes wasn't a "brain without a heart." Oh... That must've been so painful to admit that he couldn't fix Cheng Wei (and I was totally hearing Jeremy's voice when Holmes addressed Juan...).

Pretty sure I know what's coming next, but I'll be silent because "Spoilers!" Loving this!
James Birdsong chapter 8 . 1/28/2013
Good job. Good chapters.
Random Reviewer the 2nd chapter 8 . 1/27/2013
I love this story so far, the way you have these two brilliant characters interact is so fantastic. I must ask though...I originally found this fic through tvtropes, and on that site it gave information for several episodes beyond this one that I have been unable to find outside of that site. Are those stories simply posted somewhere I haven't looked yet, or is it some cruel joke played by and editor of T.V. tropes and those stories don't exist?
Ravenskixeris chapter 8 . 1/13/2013
Wow! This is first Wholmes story Ive ever read and its just brilliant! And something from Time War getting involved? Amazing idea... I cant wait for finale... and sequel. :)
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 8 . 12/27/2012
Aww, Holmes still can't stop from thinking about Watson...

Ten worrying for Holmes is so d'aaaw, too. And ooh, is that foreshadowing with him warning Holmes not to absorb the time vortex? Dear me...

Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes!
Jfreak chapter 8 . 12/26/2012
Yaaayy! A new chapter. Wonderfully done :D can't wait for the next. I don't mind that it took longer, makes me look forward to the endings you two have been working so hard on :)

Xeno Major chapter 7 . 11/12/2012
This is a truly wonderful work that deserves much more attention.

The interaction between Holmes and the Doctor shows us the most attractive part of both characters; they are both lonely, damaged individuals, but they continue on simply because of their standards/fear of what will happen otherwise.

I must apologize, because I cannot critique this work to my usual degree of specificity; I am sad to say I cannot give a page of detailed advice or help. What advice I do have is minor, but specific. The interaction of the characters is wonderful, but the setting and the description of the background seem to suffer as a result. While this is normal for the Sherlock Holmes setting, the rich and detailed background of Doctor Who allows for amazing backdrops; such as the Himalayas. I think the story would benefit from an increased focus on the physical surroundings of the character's background, though of course the descriptions would change in flavor or style depending on the POV.

I like this story quite a bit; I am gladly recommending it on TvTropes, where I originally found this 'fic recommended.

Xeno Major
Julis Caesar chapter 7 . 11/10/2012
Wow. I wasn't really a fan of Sherlock Holmes until I watched the BBC version, and then trolled the internet looking for amazing crossovers. This is one. You have the Doctor and Holmes down pat, I don't care how you did it, it is amazing. Please don't let this die! I'm really looking forward to the... what did you call them? The K'vir? Anyway, looking forward to seeing how you pull those off. Love it!
Guest chapter 7 . 10/28/2012
This story's really good! Good job! Waiting for your next update!:D
Spockologist chapter 7 . 10/27/2012
So many things! The Doctor and his emotions probably being my favorite...
These demon thingies sound freaky. Don't make it too scary or I won't be able to read! Haha! ;)
wimmie chapter 6 . 10/22/2012
WHOO! Can't wait for the next chapter! :D
Jfreak chapter 6 . 10/20/2012
This is really kool so far :D I haven't actually seen any Doctor Who yet but I saw the info on tumblr and scanned through the first chapter and I just couldn't resist. All that explaining to Holmes was very helpful :) this makes me want to watch DW even more.

Spockologist chapter 6 . 10/20/2012
The glasses are always a win win if you ask me. :)
And the pocket search...classic.

I CANNOT wait for the next bit. The Eight Guardians sound so awesome.
MadameGiry25 chapter 4 . 10/15/2012
*grumbles* FFN sent my review before I'd finished it.

I was going to say:

Ria, I'm really impressed with how you've shown us the TARDIS through Holmes' eyes. We still get a flavor of the late 1800s mindset, and yet, Holmes is as shrewd and calculating as ever. An excellent balance!

Sky, your Doctor voice continues to thrill! I loved all of the little quirks that show us you really know what you're talking about. The line about the Enterprise had me snorting. Too funny!

You're doing fabulous, ladies! I eagerly move on to the next chapter! Well done!

61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »