Reviews for Lodestar
Are there no more chapters? I hope not. It's very good.
Noone chapter 10 . 7/9
Please continue this fanfic! You built such colorful background and characters, I would love a continuation.
sahdah chapter 10 . 6/27
I fully understand how life can take over, so this is a looking forward review.

Obviously by now you know I love this story. So, I'm looking forward to the dance competition, and more SoulMaka shenanigans. Memorial day! Maka in competition, Patti turning 18!

Ha, I even watched The Longest Ride tonight, ehem cowboy research, and all. Couldn't keep it together, bull riders in the sack and all, lol.

Favorite parts of this chapter, the riding lesson (and Soul spitting sunflower seeds, intro to Killik, and DTK and Patti! Woop woop. This was so great, now to content myself with drawing snippets while I patiently wait for the next installment! 3 3 3!
sahdah chapter 9 . 6/27
Hooo damn, well chop my legs off and call me shorty!

Such a great chapter! More insights into losing momma Albarn, some seriously steamy MakaSoul ieeekkkkkkkk! That there kids is what dreams are made from.

Still rootin' for Patty's situation, and Liz.
sahdah chapter 8 . 6/27
No words, this chapter hurt.
sahdah chapter 7 . 6/27
Soul's mama must be running one helluva weed eater, four cycle oil :)

Loved that it spelled out love for Bill. Fyi snorted and about choked on my coffee when he said how tired he was. Gran is the bomb. Deviled eggs are amazing (so adorable Wes made them) Soul's momma calling him Ethan threw me then I recovered.

I, for one, loved this chapter. I think losing our farm dogs moving to town was the worst. So Maka seeing that it wasn't easy on the family moving was nice. Btw love the quotes at the beginning of new scenes.
sahdah chapter 6 . 6/27
Oh gosh, why do you do this to me? Must stop reading! But I can't...!

Can I just say that the descriptors of Soul's family at the moment are so wonderful. It's nice to see them in a different light than the normal "Soul was never good enough" and Maka's truck!

All I can envision at the moment is a full extended cab, long bed with a tool box, and running boards for her to climb up. Your attention to little details like the long crack in her windshield (dirt roads make this struggle real) this just made my heart explode with happiness and effing nostalgia. And the cattle guards, damnit I want to go home.

The only time I ever "ran away" pissed off at mom, realized I had no money to make it anywhere and only half a tank of gas I ran away to our old farm. Before cell phones and madness. My dad found me sitting on the roof of the farm house as the sun was setting. We hung out fed the cows. He filled my old Explorer and sent me back the next day. I spent the weekend in the tractor moving bales (the giant round ones) all by myself and a shitty radio that barely picked up the country stations. One of the best days I've lived.
sahdah chapter 5 . 6/27
Medusa you witch! *ieeeekkkkkkk* crazy hoping mad at the moment, curiously.

Called it, Soul's injury was part of the reason his family sold their land. He was so talkative.

My heart literally aches for personal reasons reading this...I'm my father's daughter. Haha yes the whole sale stores, *they're at Costco* or any of the other ones. The pace of the story telling, it's so wonderful, don't know if I've mentioned that before, it isn't rushed and it's wonderful.
sahdah chapter 4 . 6/26
Oh my goodness, thank you for this. Working calves, possibly the most fun ever. Huge family get togethers. Ear tagging, and branding, along with the rest, poor things. Haha Rocky mountain oysters. This was fantastic. Also including musical Soul. Nicely done.
sahdah chapter 3 . 6/26
Oh man uterine prolapse, a very real thing to deal with cows. Thank you for returning me to my childhood, my mom and I had to pull a calf once, poor core suffered the same fate, sadly wasn't as lucky. Learned about life and loss early in life. It happens. I'm glad you wrote about it, also Maka going to vet school, that's a super tough program and fitting for her character. Nicely done.
SopheroniPepperoni chapter 10 . 6/26
This is absolutely the AU I didn't know I needed in my life. I love your dialogue, and how you incorporate the characters into this ranching world. Really hope that there's more of this to come! :)
sahdah chapter 2 . 6/26
Darn it! Thought the moccasin in chapter 1 was an analogy for Medias, nope she bought the Evans place. Omg died laughing Chi- Hooa-hooa is standard pronunciation for Chihuahuenses pronouncing their home state to make others laugh.
sahdah chapter 1 . 6/26
I'm in love! Growing up in western Kansas on a ranch this brought back some fond memories. So in very familiar with the leather smell of western stores, rodeos, and the hardships of farm life in winter. Some beautiful details you included, Maka killing Medusa for attacking Crona (took me a moment to realize they're a Chihuahua), and my favorite moment (although very sad) Soul being nearly gorged by the black beast Ragnarok. Little details like that in ff au make them gold to me. I'm liking Lizzy/Wes, the fact he's a dude, Party, Sue being preggers. And Maka her ranching instinct. We had to sell our farm before I got to an age I could really help out but I'd go back to the life in a heart beat if it were possible. Can't wait to read what happens.
SilverGhostKitsune chapter 10 . 4/18
I love this!
Shadow Ice Maiden chapter 10 . 3/13
So I'm usually wary of Soul Eater AUs, but this might be my favorite fan fiction, like, ever. Partially because the writing is friggin fantastic and partially because, ya know, Soul's a cowboy. It's wonderful. I'm dying a little bit. I realize when a story hasn't been updated in two years, it's usually not going to be, but I really hope you decide to continue this at some point. I would honest to god get up and do a happy dance.